Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Life13 View Post
    Daily News Live reported he is looking at bringing in Georgia DC who runs a 3-4 defense. This also scares me, isn't the reason Houston gave us Ryans was because he didn't fit in their 3-4 defense?
    Yes thats a big part of the reason they were willing to part ways with Ryans (the other part was injury concerns). But none-the-less, it doesn't guarantee they would convert us to the 3-4. Generally speaking, good coaches can coach more than one scheme, especially defensively. Also, smart coaches choose the scheme that best suits the pieces they have. Hopefully they arent dumb enough to try and force the 3-4 on this team
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    I've been masterbating all day

vCash
    Kelly has, in recent years, met with the New England Patriots, the Seattle Seahawks, the Miami Dolphins, the Buffalo Bills and the San Francisco 49ers to compare notes on offensive strategy, and the Patriots have adopted elements of the hurry-up game used by his Ducks. Oregon, which even practices fast, averaged 49.6 points a game last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    this, this, and this

getting so effing tired of everyone saying "Vick is a better fit for Kelly's offense." Dont be so simple minded people and just assume the most mobile QB available is the best fit. The smartest QB available is the best fit. Kelly wants his QB to be able to memorize a ton of plays, be able to read a defense quickly, and call the appropriate play and adjustments in a matter of seconds. Can Vick do ANY of that? no. Can Foles? he proved this season that he can do all of that. And as mentioned above, Vick takes a ton of sacks (because he cant read a defense and holds the ball forever). Philly's offensive line started looking great all of a sudden when Foles was playing. The sacks allowed number went WAY down.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. Id also like to point out that chip likes to have athletic quaterbacks, not necessarily running quarterbacks. He is a run first coach (with the rbs) but likes to have the threat of a qb that is mobile to keep the defense honest. Hes not looking for a 300 yds per game qb and hes not looking for a 100 yds rushing qb per game either. Foles is not the most athletic qb in the world but he is smart. Alex smith also comes to mind when I think about qbs that would fit well. He actually is mobile and look what he did with a top rushing attack? Alex smith is a solid option. If anyone would have asked me that yesterday I would have said no way to alex smith but now obviously things have changed.

EAGLES PRIDE
    O'S MAGIC

vCash
    "I'll tell you what, I'm glad Nick Foles is graduating," Kelly told the Tucson Citizen after Foles threw for 398 yards and three touchdowns in a game Oregon won 56-31. "I catch myself watching him in awe sometimes. Nick is a hell of a football player. That kid's a warrior. He's as good as anyone in the country."
    Probably has already been posted, but lets not assume Foles is done here. I will say that I hope we are able to find a young QB in this draft that we like because whether we go with Vick or Foles, neither should be an absolute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Our o-line at full health is actually pretty good.
    The caveat being at full health.Who knows how Peters will be?Then there is still the RG issue.All I'm trying to say is fix what needs fixing first,the 4-3 ain't broke,so it doesn't need to be fixed by changing to a 3-4.That also does nothing to fix the biggest problem,safety.

vCash
    I don't see Foles here next season.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    Chips Oregon offense requires a mobile qb. But we don't know what offense he is going to run here. He may tailor something to our personel. All I know is no Vick. I'd rather have Alex smith and that's saying something

vCash
    How about trading for Tyrod Taylor...

vCash
    I loved tyrod in college. Incredibly underrated but foles has more potential as an nfl qb than Taylor

Though out of the mobile qbs available he's probably the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I don't see Foles here next season.
    I could see Foles here just because you rarely see teams give up on young players so quickly. I have a hard time seeing Vick here with his age, salary, durability, and decline in performance (over the last 2 years, not just last season). Another possibility may be that the QB of the future isn't on the team yet and both (Foles and Vick) are just keeping someone else's seat warm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    I think Foles gets next season. I also wouldn't be shocked at all to see one of our first two picks spent on a QB.

This season's going to be fun to watch. That's for sure.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    I'm excited (Tebow voice)

vCash
    I decided not to chime in until later in the night after everyone was done flipping **** (did anyone flip *******? - hey a new PSD format!).

If there's a running consensus that things from this point really depend on who Chip takes in as his DC, then I'm with whoever's in that group. It matters a ton. I might be skeptical of Kelly, as most of us probably are, but a good DC nulls that until we see the on-field product.

Aside from the likely never-ending QB discussion that I'm already tired of hearing, I do like thinking of what Shady, Maclin, Jackson, Celek, Cooper, and Brown can be in this offense. WR's are gonna need to block better (a better o-line than 2012 should help) for it to work well, but those are legitimate weapons that Kelly can utilize maybe better than any other current offensive mind in the game.

I've said before if Joeckel is available, that's the pick in the draft, but other than him I'd prioritize defense in the first two rounds unless someone miraculously falls in the Eagles' lap. And if it's the Georgia DC, I don't endorse Jarvis Jones.

I don't knock Jones, other than his suspect run defense. He's an Aldon Smith type guy, but Aldon needs a 3-4, and this team does not have the pieces to shift. Plus, DE is maybe one of the very few needs that this team actually has. If 3-4 is the future, man that'll be weird to watch.
    76ers - Eagles - Flyers - Phillies
    Union

vCash
    Tyrod has a noodle arm. What about Tyrelle Pryor? I think it would be perfect.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast