Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Draft star and it's a start. The d-line is set at that point. Then graham and Kendrick's are decent fits with graham being outside and Kendrick's being inside. For a year Ryan's can be a stop gap inside as well. Now you draft a rush backer in the 2nd and 3rd to compete with coke

It's not as big of a transition as people think. Assuming we get star
    In your opinion, how would Trent Cole fit into a 3-4?

I feel like he'd prefer a trade at this point than have to adapt to a 3-4.

FIRE ME!

“I don’t do five year plans — other organizations do, I guess.” - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Regarding Defense

For our defenses sake, its essential Chip adapts his offensive scheme to the NFL. If our defense only goes up against a gimmicky Offense every practice, how do you expect it to do against other offenses, regardless of the D Coordinator?

Regarding Chip
    I'm upset because we made a hire without even contacting nontheless interview the man I think would have done the best job with this team at this point in time, Jon Gruden. While deep down I don't think Chip will work out and last past the 2016 season, I'm excited, and I'm glad the Eagles made a move to get me excited about this team again. Its a very High Risk - High Reward signing. Rather than feel the need to cling to one side of love it or hate it, I hope people can enjoy that this team not only turned a page from the Reid era, but seems like opened up a brand new book.

*****If Mike Vick is on our roster next season, I will instantly become Chips worst nightmare

vCash
    Remember a few weeks ago when I said we should switch to a 3-4 and draft Star?

NOW everyone wants to listen. Toss Cox on the end with Star at NT. Slide Jenkins to the other end position. I think you could keep Cole, but he may be the odd man out.

vCash
    Honestly he played it in college but athletically he may not be up for it anymore. I'd rather keep him allowing toys to hybrid, but cole has always been pretty team oriented so I doubt he asks to be traded

I figure Cole was pretty bad last year so we probably have to replace him soon anyways

vCash
    Projected Starting Defense:

DL:Cox
    NT:Not on Roster
    DL:Jenkins

OLB:Graham
    ILB:Ryans
    ILB:Kendricks/Not on roster
    OLB:Kendricks/Not on roster

CB: DRC or NNamdi
    CB: Not on roster

SS: Not on roster
    FS: Not on roster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattski1991 View Post
    Regarding Defense

For our defenses sake, its essential Chip adapts his offensive scheme to the NFL. If our defense only goes up against a gimmicky Offense every practice, how do you expect it to do against other offenses, regardless of the D Coordinator?

Regarding Chip
    I'm upset because we made a hire without even contacting nontheless interview the man I think would have done the best job with this team at this point in time, Jon Gruden. While deep down I don't think Chip will work out and last past the 2016 season, I'm excited, and I'm glad the Eagles made a move to get me excited about this team again. Its a very High Risk - High Reward signing. Rather than feel the need to cling to one side of love it or hate it, I hope people can enjoy that this team not only turned a page from the Reid era, but seems like opened up a brand new book.

*****If Mike Vick is on our roster next season, I will instantly become Chips worst nightmare
    How would gruden be the best fit for a team nowhere near contention. This team at best is borderline playoffs and gruden has never been known to develop young teams into contenders

If anything he spent his entire Tampa bay career implementing stop gaps to prevent rebuilding and it destroyed the team

vCash
    he'll prolly call the plays then right

props to fanofphilly for the amazing sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDN90 View Post

NOW everyone wants to listen. Toss Cox on the end with Star at NT. Slide Jenkins to the other end position. I think you could keep Cole, but he may be the odd man out.
    I still don't really want to switch to a 3-4. We're so far away from being able to run one effectively. Blech.
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattski1991 View Post
    Regarding Defense

Regarding Chip

I am sure Chip Kelly is quite worried about you.
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    RT @jimdunaway: Chip Kelly’ top target as DC at Eagles could be Georgia’s Todd Grantham per @MattLombardo975 > I’ve heard 3-4 switch likely
    if this happens i cant see us passing on Jarvis Jones in the draft.

Steve young is a coaching talent evaluator? Wierd

He may succeed, but being a qb coach and cfl coach aren't any more qualifiers than being a college coach. Qb coaches have incredibly limited responsibilities as opposed o a coordinator. If he was such an elite qb guru he would have been a coordinator somewhere. Great coaches are found if not at the nfl level the college level
    this was already asnwered for me. u obviously knew nothing about this guy and just assumed he was some random nobody.

Your right. Didn't know that. Still find it dubious that whe was ignored this long if he's that much of a guru.
    or maybe he wasnt interested in coming back to the nfl?

vCash
    Would rather had Gus Bradley but also love the Chip Kelly sign.Desean & McCoy will shine in this new offense"...please no Vick.......Also with the defense going to a 3-4 I would love to see Trent Cole have a try at the olb position I think he would fit that fine....After a terrible 4-12 season things are actually getting better .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I still don't really want to switch to a 3-4. We're so far away from being able to run one effectively. Blech.
    I agree with you to a certain degree, but this is the way I'm looking at it... It's going to take two or three drafts for this defense to become what we want it to become, which is a championship level defense. Either way, it's going to take a long time to replenish this team overall. Right now, if Chip feels more comfortable with whoever he's hiring to run a 3-4 defense, then I'd prefer him to hire the best coach, no matter which system it is. Either way, it's going to take two or three very good drafts to rebuild the defense.

FIRE ME!

“I don’t do five year plans — other organizations do, I guess.” - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I really don't think so, especially if we draft Star. That Dline is set then.

As far as line backers, I think we may look to add/draft some, obviously, but we have at least two in place. I think a guy like Matthews would do even better in a 3-4 and Im curious as to what Brandon Graham could potentially do.

Secondary was a question mark either way.

Of course if Star isn't there and Jones is, you're set at LB...but need a NT.

vCash
    It's just starting to set in that Andy Reid is no longer the Eagles head coach. I just found myself thinking about how the Eagles don't emphasize linebackers enough for a 3-4 switch. But nope! A new era is so refreshing...

FIRE ME!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDN90 View Post

I don't think Star is still available at #4...

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast