Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 90
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,776
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by celtics 34 View Post
    barbosa 2 min 7 points
    Jason Terry is the weak link in the rotation.
    Barbosa can be the instant offense off the bench.
    Lee as the defensive sub behind Bradley.


    Please, please trade Terry and his $5 M contract for a big.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,922
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Jason Terry is the weak link in the rotation.
    Barbosa can be the instant offense off the bench.
    Lee as the defensive sub behind Bradley.


    Please, please trade Terry and his $5 M contract for a big.
    I still believe we'll need Terry's offense more come playoff time, than we will Lee's defense. Trading Lee is the better option for us. Barbosa can give us just as good D off the bench when needed, and his offensive output can be greater.


    "Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,237
    vCash
    1500
    Doc brought in Jason Collins for 4 min tonight (because the Hornets were getting in the pain at will), which is not bad at all. And when Collins was in, he played pretty decent D. Bringing in Collins was not a problem

    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieB23Ricky View Post
    All im gonna say is im glad that was the first meeting against them cuz when we get fully healthy we are gonna rape them

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,922
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by unwantedplayer View Post
    Doc brought in Jason Collins for 4 min tonight (because the Hornets were getting in the pain at will), which is not bad at all. And when Collins was in, he played pretty decent D. Bringing in Collins was not a problem
    Whenever we need to put Collins on the floor, it's a problem.


    "Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,776
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    I still believe we'll need Terry's offense more come playoff time, than we will Lee's defense. Trading Lee is the better option for us. Barbosa can give us just as good D off the bench when needed, and his offensive output can be greater.

    Defense wins Championships

    Or as Sun Tzu put it: Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack.


    Give me Lee's defense every day of the week over the diminishing scoring ability of Terry. If they cannot get stops, all the offense in the world isn't going to help them.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,776
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by unwantedplayer View Post
    Doc brought in Jason Collins for 4 min tonight (because the Hornets were getting in the pain at will), which is not bad at all. And when Collins was in, he played pretty decent D. Bringing in Collins was not a problem
    Great observation.

    Know who led the C's in +/- tonight?

    Yes, Jason Collins. The guy is servicable in a limited role because he knows, understands, appreciates and embraces that role. He's a good guy to have around at the end of the bench.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,922
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Defense wins Championships

    Or as Sun Tzu put it: Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack.


    Give me Lee's defense every day of the week over the diminishing scoring ability of Terry. If they cannot get stops, all the offense in the world isn't going to help them.
    Barbosa is nearly the same caliber defender as Lee. Terry has a the experience of a previous title and represents one of the biggest reasons we haven't won a championship since 2008 -- offense off the bench. We've had great D almost every year since '08, so explain where our other titles are?? Pissed into the wind because we haven't had a bench scorer/6th man out there who can get anything done when our starters come off the floor.


    "Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,922
    vCash
    1500
    Our defensive team ratings were as follows:

    08-09 - 2nd in the league
    09-10 - 5th in the league
    10-11 - 2nd in the league
    11-12 - 1st in the leauge

    in contrast, here are our offensive ratings those same years:

    08-09 - 6th in the league
    09-10 - 15th in the league
    10-11 - 18th in the league
    11-12 - 27th in the league

    We're currently 8th in the league in defensive rating, while we're 23rd in offense. Sorry, the "defense wins championships" motto is extremely overrated and doesn't fit us at all. We don't score, we won't win a title. We were best in defense last year, and in game 7 against Miami, our bench scored 5 points. So tell me, what cost us a title last season? It certainly wasn't defense because we were the best.

    Our defense has been strong every season, yet our offense is going down the crapper every year. You get a top scoring bench guy like Terry, you don't trade him away. We're going to need him.
    Last edited by 69centers; 01-16-2013 at 11:08 PM.


    "Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,776
    vCash
    1500
    Hornets had 12 assists on 31 made baskets.

    The Hornet's bigs feasted on the C's. Lack of perimeter defense, lack of pressure allowing easy entry / lob passes is the cause for this. It was just too easy.

    The Hornets guards shot lay up after lay up. That's lack of permeter defense. Got to stop the ball and deny dribble penetration. Basketball 101.


    If they don't solve perimeter defense ... it's over. And Jason " ole' " Terry is not the answer to playing better perimeter defense.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    BEANTOWN
    Posts
    9,390
    vCash
    1500
    Was it not ever so clear tonight that we desperately need a big. I mean Robin Lopez of all people was spinning, and juking and up and undering his way to the bucket all night. Cs made me look at Lopez in a different light tonight. Gortat, Cousins, Mozgov, and Varajao are trade targets id look at and K. Martin or even Birdman are free agents out there id consider at this point. Any of those guys could bring something to the table (maybe not birdman)

    Collins is good in what he does. But we need more out of the backup C role than 4 minutes of no offense and good fouls. Sullinger ( who i think is GREAT) is not a 5. Wilcox coming back should help but then again he's of more a PF than a C. Hope Ainge Brings in a BIG by the deadline
    Last edited by Nighthawk; 01-16-2013 at 11:24 PM.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,607
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Hornets had 12 assists on 31 made baskets.

    The Hornet's bigs feasted on the C's. Lack of perimeter defense, lack of pressure allowing easy entry / lob passes is the cause for this. It was just too easy.

    The Hornets guards shot lay up after lay up. That's lack of permeter defense. Got to stop the ball and deny dribble penetration. Basketball 101.


    If they don't solve perimeter defense ... it's over. And Jason " ole' " Terry is not the answer to playing better perimeter defense.

    I think we already discussed this, but again guards are more likely to go at Terry because we don't have a shot blocker. Terry was huge in the 2011 playoffs, but he had Tyson Chandler behind him scaring guys out of the paint

    Perimeter D doesn't matter when you can get past your man on a pick and shoot like 9/10 on mid-range floaters

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,776
    vCash
    1500
    Guard rotation.

    When Doc panics he turns to Terry.

    When the other team gets on a little roll, why not turn to Bradley and Lee? Play them together!

    Instead of countering the other teams run with offense and weak defense, why not try to get stops... you know, like he's always preaching about during time outs?
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,776
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by xk4 View Post
    I think we already discussed this, but again guards are more likely to go at Terry because we don't have a shot blocker. Terry was huge in the 2011 playoffs, but he had Tyson Chandler behind him scaring guys out of the paint

    Perimeter D doesn't matter when you can get past your man on a pick and shoot like 9/10 on mid-range floaters
    Look, they are built to play small. That necessitates stellar 1 v 1 pressure defense on the perimeter. It's not an option.

    The C's do not have a big to cover Jason Ole' Terry's defensive lapses. And his offensive numbers are slipping. It's time to trade him and his $5 M salary for a big. But it is not time to trade valuable defensive assets to get a big to cover for Terry's lack of defense. That would make ZERO sense given his declining offensive numbers.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 01-16-2013 at 11:51 PM.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

  14. #74
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,607
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Look, they are built to play small. That necessitates stellar 1 v 1 pressure defense on the perimeter. It's not an option.

    The C's do not have a big to cover Jason Ole' Terry's defensive lapses. And his offensive numbers are slipping. It's time to trade him and his $5 M salary for a big. But it is not time to trade valuale defensive assets to get a big to cover for Terry's lack of defense. That would make ZERO sense given his declining offensive numbers.
    True, it wouldn't make sense trading JUST to cover up for Terry. But when you look at the opposing front-court's numbers, Jason Smith was 4-4, Robin Lopez was 7-11, Anthony Davis was 4-5...You can't blame only Terry for the other team scoring 48 points in the paint

    I'd rather trade Terry too but Doc doesn't trust anyone under the age of 50 and when is the last time Ainge shipped a veteran player

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,776
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by xk4 View Post
    True, it wouldn't make sense trading JUST to cover up for Terry. But when you look at the opposing front-court's numbers, Jason Smith was 4-4, Robin Lopez was 7-11, Anthony Davis was 4-5...You can't blame only Terry for the other team scoring 48 points in the paint

    I'd rather trade Terry too but Doc doesn't trust anyone under the age of 50 and when is the last time Ainge shipped a veteran player
    Have to look at how those points were generated.

    They only had 12 assists on 31 made baskets tonight. Think about that. That is not from guards penetrating and dishing off. And those three guys mention didn't do extensive damage on the offensive boards either. No, they were able to get the ball in their spots. Far too easily. Due to a lack of pressure on the entry pass / lobs.

    On a night when the opponents get 12 total assists, shoot 2 - 17 from bhind the arc and still score 90 points one doesn't have to look far for the reason. Try 31 FT attempts and the bigs shooting a combined 18-29 from the field. It all points to lack of pressure on entry passes .... perimeter defense, or lack thereof.

    It's ridiculous to blame the C's big for tonight.... absolutely ridiculous. The Hornet bigs were getting the ball in their spots far too easily. That's because the perimeter players were not denying the entry / lob passes.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •