Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Defense wins Championships

Or as Sun Tzu put it: Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Give me Lee's defense every day of the week over the diminishing scoring ability of Terry. If they cannot get stops, all the offense in the world isn't going to help them.
    proof?

vCash
    Have to look at how those points were generated.

They only had 12 assists on 31 made baskets tonight. Think about that. That is not from guards penetrating and dishing off. And those three guys mention didn't do extensive damage on the offensive boards either. No, they were able to get the ball in their spots. Far too easily. Due to a lack of pressure on the entry pass / lobs.

On a night when the opponents get 12 total assists, shoot 2 - 17 from bhind the arc and still score 90 points one doesn't have to look far for the reason. Try 31 FT attempts and the bigs shooting a combined 18-29 from the field. It all points to lack of pressure on entry passes .... perimeter defense, or lack thereof.

It's ridiculous to blame the C's big for tonight.... absolutely ridiculous. The Hornet bigs were getting the ball in their spots far too easily. That's because the perimeter players were not denying the entry / lob passes.
    Well I don't know if it's "absolutely" ridiculous. Partially ridiculous maybe.

As the team is currently constructed, Terry's ball pressure is an issue. I agree. I'm just saying it can be mitigated with a roster move. Trading Terry is the direct solution, but that was also true of Ray, and Pierce, and Rondo at times. If Baby hadn't been so willfully difficult in free agency, he'd still be here too

vCash
    Charlotte was supposed to be the trap game, but last night turned out to be the classic trap game... If you turned the game off after the 1st qtr, you probably assumed it was gonna be a blow out...

Not to overhype Sully, but in his short NBA career, the C's have won every game he grabs 10 or boards (4-0)... Say what you want but when he's playing well and clearing out the paint, the C's look good... When he's off the court because of foul trouble the interior defense which has been a thorn all season, is even worse...

Also, can't take anything away from the Hornets, they've played good ball lately winning 7 out of their last 10 with wins against the Rockets and Spurs...

Still a whole lot of ball left in the season...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Boston Celtics‏@celtics

Doc on team settling for jumpers: "There was an electric fence around the paint." Says he should have played Barbosa earlier for energy.

MAYBE, just maybe a little light has gone off in Doc's head.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Charlotte was supposed to be the trap game, but last night turned out to be the classic trap game... If you turned the game off after the 1st qtr, you probably assumed it was gonna be a blow out...

Not to overhype Sully, but in his short NBA career, the C's have won every game he grabs 10 or boards (4-0)... Say what you want but when he's playing well and clearing out the paint, the C's look good... When he's off the court because of foul trouble the interior defense which has been a thorn all season, is even worse...

Also, can't take anything away from the Hornets, they've played good ball lately winning 7 out of their last 10 with wins against the Rockets and Spurs...

Still a whole lot of ball left in the season...
    x2

They are not going to win every game.

Don't like the way they lost last night though.
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Boston Celtics‏@celtics

Doc on team settling for jumpers: "There was an electric fence around the paint." Says he should have played Barbosa earlier for energy.

MAYBE, just maybe a little light has gone off in Doc's head.
    I'm sure there won't be any complaints on both of those statements...

Barbosa has deserved more minutes...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Guy's still think were ok?lol I am completly right, this team cannot be competitive against the Heat/ others.

We are losing to teams this bad, the Celtics are 20-18! Some think were ok here....face in palm.

Also, stop bashing Doc, players play the game. Im sure every Celtics Player will tell you the same thing. It's not on Doc.

A couple of moves that may help.

1. You MUST add a good/ really good center (Gortat Type)- You trade Lee, Bass, Melo, Barbosa, 1st round pick (unprotected).

2. You move Collins to the back of your bench (10-12)

3. You define roles, I feel with more playing time/ better fit roles, players will respond.

4. You rest KG more playing Sully at #4, and maybe Collins 2-3mins night.

5. You allow Wilcox to come off bench (when healthy) for new traded Center (Gortat Type).

Your Celtics look like this-

PG- R. Rondo/ A. Bradley/ J. Terry

SG- A. Bradley/ J. Terry

F- P. Pierce/ J. Green/ Sully

PF- K. Garnett/ Sully

Center- Gortat/ Wilcox/ Collins

^^^^^This This team has a lot better chance to be competitive....

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Stop bashing Doc? He just admitted in the post game interview that he should have played Barbosa.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    Stop bashing Doc? He just admitted in the post game interview that he should have played Barbosa.
    Oh good heavens.....Ovecourse he did. Thats part of his job as coach. By not playing Landro Barbosa didn't cost us/ Celtics the game, period.

Poor play on the court, now that cost the Celtics the game. Again, players play the game. You can't count on J. Collins as your starter, you cannot define roles with crowded back court. You can't rebound when you lack rebounders, you lack depth at center. This team is paper thin with bigs......

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    one game that destroyed most of my hope, still cant wait for a trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    Guy's still think were ok?lol I am completly right, this team cannot be competitive against the Heat/ others.

Yes, this team is okay... as long as they pay full attention to the details of the process.

We are losing to teams this bad, the Celtics are 20-18! Some think were ok here....face in palm.

Also, stop bashing Doc, players play the game. Im sure every Celtics Player will tell you the same thing. It's not on Doc.

Coaches are not perfect. Doc has been in a slump. He deserves (and accepts) the criticism he earns.

1. You MUST add a good/ really good center (Gortat Type)- You trade Lee, Bass, Melo, Barbosa, 1st round pick (unprotected).

No.... lol.... NO....smh..... this type of change for a coach who doesn't handle change well? NO

3. You define roles, I feel with more playing time/ better fit roles, players will respond.

Roles are better defined recently. Not perfect. Have written on this extensively. Terry and Lee need to be swiched in Doc's rotation. Maybe Terry replaced by Barbosa.

Sullinger has to earn the time by not fouling himself out of minutes. smh.

5. You allow Wilcox to come off bench (when healthy) for new traded Center (Gortat Type).

SG- A. Bradley/ J. Terry

PF- K. Garnett/ Sully

Unrealistic.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 01-17-2013 at 04:20 PM. Reason: typos... damn fingers too big for key board

vCash
    Oh good heavens.....Ovecourse he did. Thats part of his job as coach. By not playing Landro Barbosa didn't cost us/ Celtics the game, period.

Poor play on the court, now that cost the Celtics the game. Again, players play the game. You can't count on J. Collins as your starter, you cannot define roles with crowded back court. You can't rebound when you lack rebounders, you lack depth at center. This team is paper thin with bigs......
    The coaches role is to prepare players to play, to put them in positions / situations from which they can have a realistic expectation for success.

Another quote from Doc last night: “We didn’t play well, just let our guard down a bit,” he said. “I felt it [Tuesday at practice] and didn’t do anything about it. I am kicking myself more than them.

vCash

SG- A. Bradley/ J. Terry

PF- K. Garnett/ Sully

I am glad you're not our GM or our Head Coach! I do like how you cloned Bradley, Sully and Terry to make your team look fuller after your incredibly lopsided trade.

Rondo
    Bradley / Terry
    Pierce / Green
    Garnett / Sullinger
    Gortat / *Wilcox / Collins

*Has a thumb injury. Other players with a similar injury have come back quick like he did but had it linger. His effectiveness has to be considered questionable for the next month or so.

10 players. 3 returning this season from major surgery. 1 player, Collins, who gets a senior discount. 2 guys in Pierce and Garnett who are nearly spent in their careers.

After next season when Gortat, Pierce, Bradley, Wilcox, Collins, Terry are all bought out or expired you have Rondo, Garnett, Green and Sullinger. Not exactly a strong enough core to build around.
    Last edited by Polish Post; 01-17-2013 at 06:17 PM.

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY

vCash

SG- A. Bradley/ J. Terry

PF- K. Garnett/ Sully

And I wonder who's in charge of that?

I'm not even one of the people barking at Doc, but your post makes no sense

vCash
    Doc's doing just fine.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456