Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Lightbulb "I got an owner that looks out for me" -- Carmelo

LONDON -- Carmelo Anthony has no problem with New York Knicks owner James Dolan recording his conversations on the basketball court.

The team's owner ordered technicians at Madison Square Garden to install microphones at either end of the court for last Friday's game against the Chicago Bulls in the wake of the recent trash-talking incident involving Kevin Garnett that led to Anthony's one-game suspension.

League sources have told ESPN that the move was undertaken to protect Anthony, to see if opponents' trash talk was crossing the line, rather than "spying" on him.

And the player involved insists he has no problem with Dolan's decision.

"I got an owner that looks out for me," Anthony said at the Knicks practice on Wednesday in London.

"You can't beat that for an owner to try to protect their players, to protect his players. It just shows how much loyalty Mr. Dolan has."
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...er-james-dolan

Merge if necessary. A lot of people though it was wrong for Dolan to do that and had a problem with it, well Melo doesn't.

Welcome to the #tape

vCash
    I thought is was silly for anyone to even suggest that Melo would have an issue with it.

vCash
    ****ing ny media wants to **** on the knicks every chance they have
    ONCE A KNICK ALWAYS A KNICK ALLSTAR 2013@KnicksBrooklyn

vCash
    First i heard of this, i knew his was to protect melo.

vCash
    People started assuming that Dolan was spying on Melo...when the sane person knew it was only to look out for him and Melo would have no problem with it

vCash
    funny go read the other thread, I said exactlyl this, not sure why everyone feels the need to bash Dolan?

Lets see he's an owner that spends money, gets players here for very good money and protects his players.

He doesn't get on the court, and play and coach.

I'm not even saying he's a good person or anything like that, but the owner can only spend he can't play.

Dolan also got Melo here didn't he?

dolan signe Amare when not one other team or owner would?

But to me it was quite obvious what Dolan was doing, and for fans to say wtf is Dolan that idiot doing is just being negative and thinking the worse.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    I LOVE seeing the players make the media look like fools

vCash
    Baws

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uprightciti View Post
    ****ing ny media wants to **** on the knicks every chance they have
    This could have happened in any sports, any team, any player and the reaction would be the exact same. There's no media conspiracy against the Knicks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    This could have happened in any sports, any team, any player and the reaction would be the exact same. There's no media conspiracy against the Knicks
    riggggghhhttttt

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    First i heard of this, i knew his was to protect melo.
    That being true, I wonder how other players will look at Melo. I am in no way bashing him. Melo has been phenomenal ( ). He has done everything we'd hoped and is capable of doing.
    That being said, will teammates, other players and teams look at him in a different way.
    It wasn't his idea. But it's like being in school and getting picked on but instead of handling it yourself, the teacher sits behind a door to hear what is said and then drags the guilty party to detention.

It was a very foolish thing to do. Trash talk is part of the game. If someone gets into your head, who's fault is it?
    I don't think it makes this team look good. I think it makes them look like soft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    funny go read the other thread, I said exactlyl this, not sure why everyone feels the need to bash Dolan?

Lets see he's an owner that spends money, gets players here for very good money and protects his players.

He doesn't get on the court, and play and coach.

I'm not even saying he's a good person or anything like that, but the owner can only spend he can't play.

Dolan also got Melo here didn't he?

dolan signe Amare when not one other team or owner would?

But to me it was quite obvious what Dolan was doing, and for fans to say wtf is Dolan that idiot doing is just being negative and thinking the worse.
    Its not being negative. Its knowing who your owner is and that anythings possible with this bafoon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    riggggghhhttttt
    Your sig is making me dizzy, egg salad

Dolan is the epitome of an NBA owner all should take note

the bank of dolan is always open

vCash
    I just don't get why Dolan would conspire to do without Melo's knowledge if he was simply trying to protect him. Wouldn't you think that he would at least alert him to the idea?

I mean, I'm glad this is being perceived as loyalty, because the last thing we need is another internal scandal, but something just smells fishy whenever Dolan's involved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ohbilly2134 View Post
    I just don't get why Dolan would conspire to do without Melo's knowledge if he was simply trying to protect him. Wouldn't you think that he would at least alert him to the idea?

I mean, I'm glad this is being perceived as loyalty, because the last thing we need is another internal scandal, but something just smells fishy whenever Dolan's involved.
    He may have thought Melo might act differently if he knew he was being listened to in that degree, as opposed to getting a candid listen.

R.I.P. Dad