Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Houston, LAL or Memphis.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    great fantasy news.

vCash
    Not surprised this happened. Smith has always been a good competitor and I know the loss to the Bulls affected him. With what he's gone through in Atlanta these last few years (with not being in position to make a serious run at a title), he's going off.

I don't think things will improve too much this year for the Hawks so I think Smith will leave. He wants to win a title and I see the Hawks rebuilding for another year or 2....

vCash
    You guys are funny.....

Read the entire report! Josh is not being traded. He was upset and went off about how the team played and he should have. He and Ferry have already talked and Josh said he understood and was ready to move forward.

And we have not played better without him.....

vCash
    Why would they trade smith? If they have any chance at Dwight they should probably keep one of his best friends

njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash
    im fine with it. the nets play the hawks tonight. nets chancing of winning just went up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash
    watch out he's a cancer!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    what lakers want lakers get.
    Wait for the Smith to lakers Pau to Hawks ( or third team, Minnie?) trade.
    Better find that 3rd team because Atlanta doesn't want to pay Pau. They would rather take their chances playing the waiting game.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post
    Why would they trade smith? If they have any chance at Dwight they should probably keep one of his best friends
    They have no chance at Dwight and Josh Smith will either have to be overpaid by Atlanta or he will leave for another large contract from a team like Dallas or Houston.

Either pay Josh Smith the MAX available to him at $16 Million per year(5 Years, $80 Million) and be stuck with another Joe Johnson situation with a star who isn't a superstar or leader just to compete for the Playoffs or trade him now. Actually Joe was better considering he can actually score while Smith is strictly a defensive player with poor decision making on offense.

If Atlanta is only willing to do $14 Million per year(a fair figure for Smith) then that is the same contract he can get from Dallas or Houston who can afford to overpay him just to bring another star player in.

vCash
    Nets will win again tonight and only be a game out of the Atlantic

It takes a real LEGEND to win a championship in Brooklyn, and I think we've found that special person. Deron Williams only a matter of time before the gold comes home. If there is one guy who can do it, its you! We love you Deron and hope you retire in Brooklyn!

vCash
    Any chance Hawks and Danny Ferry interested in dealing with the nets again?!
    Gamertag 360: I Play Bald (Add It!)
    Twitter: @RSchnyderite10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkyoutsider View Post
    Not surprised this happened. Smith has always been a good competitor and I know the loss to the Bulls affected him. With what he's gone through in Atlanta these last few years (with not being in position to make a serious run at a title), he's going off.

I don't think things will improve too much this year for the Hawks so I think Smith will leave. He wants to win a title and I see the Hawks rebuilding for another year or 2....
    Pretty much this. The hawks scored 20 first half points. If other blow ups happens with him later on than the writing is on the wall. He had a blow up with Mike Woodson a few years back and he came back and performed afterwards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rurichie View Post
    Any chance Hawks and Danny Ferry interested in dealing with the nets again?!
    doubt it, but I think he's getting traded. Josh Smith and his agent have requested to talk to Danny Ferry.

Josh Smith's agent spoke with Danny Ferry on Wednesday to discuss his client's "frustration" with the Atlanta Hawks' recent spiral.

"As far as moving forward and whatever changes will be made, that's more so management's job to field those calls and make the decisions they feel like are best to move forward," Smith's agent, Wallace Prather, told CBSSports.com.

Prather stopped short of requesting a trade.

Smith will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason.

The Hawks have conducted trade talks centered on Smith with multiple teams, according to NBA executives.

Via Ken Berger/CBS Sports
    Among the teams that would appeal to Smith are Dallas, Houston and Memphis, a league source told CBSSports.com. The Grizzlies, in the midst of establishing the value of Rudy Gay on the trade market in the face of massive luxury tax bills on the horizon, are not among the teams that have spoken with the Hawks about Smith, one of the sources said. Despite owner Mark Cuban's comment this week that "the bank of Cuban is open," the Mavs also have not yet expressed interest in trading for Smith, another source said.

Rockets GM Daryl Morey said on Twitter this week that Houston would be "likely more stable than in the past" as the Feb. 21 trade deadline approaches.
    "I want to be clear that I'm not pushing a trade," Prather said. "This is not a trade request or anything, but there are frustrations in Atlanta."
    (source)
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    And we have not played better without him.....
    We have been 3-7 with him the last 10 games. Without him, we are up 16 on a team that has been 9-1 the last 10 games. Smith is our best player, but our team plays more together without him. Horford steps up. Teague steps up.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 01-16-2013 at 09:50 PM.

vCash
    Trade him to some bum team where he can rot

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast