Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Perception of Howie Roseman and the Front Office

This is a bit long, so if your impatient don't bother reading...

I'm going to try and not jump the gun on the latest Bradley situation. Ok, maybe I will. Doesn't it seem every coach the Eagles have truly covented has either returned to their old situation or continued to look for a better situation. How can this be possible? We have an owner who will spend money and has shown a history of being loyal to his head coach. We have a fan base that bleeds green and sells out every game. We have a fairly new state of the art stadium and top notch practice facilities. Our coaching vacancy should be the type of opening that people are killing themselves to get.

Maybe it comes down to the perception of this franchise?

There are two perceptions I feel people who look at this franchise are confused about:

#1 - The front office structure is a mess. Over the last few years - Heckert gone. Banner gone. Reid gone. And all the while, no one outside of the franchise really knows who was actually calling the shots.

#2 - Howie Roseman is power hungry and way over his head. We have all seen articles on certain perceptions of him in the NFL. We also know that the Eagles record has been terrible since he was given power with the Eagles. But again this may just be perception. I personally believe his only major moves were during the 2012 Draft which at this time aren't bad and way too early to grade.

So I must ask the question.

Is Howie Roseman and the Front Office the major factor in our coaching vacancy not being the most attractive in the NFL?

1980 & 2008 World Series Champs

vCash
    OMG, This was discussed in the coaching search thread. You had 3 extremely credible reproters come out and dismiss this theory. You even had Schefter talk to every candidate we interviewed thus far and report that they thought the Eagles organization was first class and they had no problems with the FO. What else do we need to end this story? Lets bring it back up again if it resurfaces with more than one shaky source.

Joe Banner has you guys following his propaganda like sheep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    OMG, This was discussed in the coaching search thread. You had 3 extremely credible reproters come out and dismiss this theory. You even had Schefter talk to every candidate we interviewed thus far and report that they thought the Eagles organization was first class and they had no problems with the FO. What else do we need to end this story? Lets bring it back up again if it resurfaces with more than one shaky source.

Joe Banner has you guys following his propaganda like sheep.
    Ok, I totally understand where your coming from. BUT, I would like to point out that when a reporter "attempts to obtain an exit interview" your not going to obtain the truth if they came away with negative feelings. These guys are not stupid. They aren't going to step all over an Organization that tried to offer them a high paying position. It's a standard response to say this is a class organization. They cannot benefit in any way by bashing the Eagles. All this would do is turn off future employers to this individual. That is why the question of bad perception is valid, even if you believe senior NFL insiders are reporting otherwise...

1980 & 2008 World Series Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDT4LIFE View Post
    Ok, I totally understand where your coming from. BUT, I would like to point out that when a reporter "attempts to obtain an exit interview" your not going to obtain the truth if they came away with negative feelings. These guys are not stupid. They aren't going to step all over an Organization that tried to offer them a high paying position. It's a standard response to say this is a class organization. They cannot benefit in any way by bashing the Eagles. All this would do is turn off future employers to this individual. That is why the question of bad perception is valid, even if you believe senior NFL insiders are reporting otherwise...
    Holy hell, from the depths of the abyss, he returns!

Get out of my forum.

Actually, I, along with several others think this is spot on. Something is going on with this FO, and in leaning towards Roseman.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDT4LIFE View Post
    This and two of the reporters who have said this stuff is untrue are Philadelphia Eagles beat writers and reporters. Guys who make their living off of information, sources, and reporting from inside the Eagles camps. Highly negative press on Howie Roseman is going to make him far less likely to give those guys the time for interviews which is going to highly hamper their ability to continue to be reporters on the Eagles.

When it comes to negative press, I tend to turn to the national guys because they don't rely on the sources of one team or another (unless you're Peter Gammons, of course). So in the end you're left with Canfora and Schefter.

Yes, there seems to be some backlash against what Canfora wrote. But as Knowldged has pointed out before that Canfora did it because he was angry with Roseman....I doubt Canfora would claim league sources and many people who told them of their growing concerns about Howie Roseman just because he was angry, either. The more important thing is this: there are concerns about the ship that Roseman is running. It's not all peachy here. That's just not good. Period.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    i go back to the post of what i said about howie and how hes just an uptight whiny white collar ivy league rich snob that gets his way.

lurie buys into his lines.

regardless I support the moves and picks that howie has made... jury is out on how he can run this team.... yet to be seen but if coaches are indeed not coming here because of them well then.....thats a problem.. a big one!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Right. I don't know the guy, but I'm guessing LAurie and Roseman share the common bond of both being Jewish which makes LAurie more likely to side with Roseman over people like Reid. Roseman is very young to be a GM and doesn't have much experience when looking at other GM's around the league (some good ones have 10-20 years scouting/coaching experience for instance, compared to 4 for Roseman). The verdict is out on whether he will be/is a good GM, but we'll have to wait and see. He has worked hard to get where he is and I sure hope he knows what he doing, because if doesn't...it sets the team back God knows how long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themoleculoman View Post
    Right. I don't know the guy, but I'm guessing LAurie and Roseman share the common bond of both being Jewish which makes LAurie more likely to side with Roseman over people like Reid. Roseman is very young to be a GM and doesn't have much experience when looking at other GM's around the league (some good ones have 10-20 years scouting/coaching experience for instance, compared to 4 for Roseman). The verdict is out on whether he will be/is a good GM, but we'll have to wait and see. He has worked hard to get where he is and I sure hope he knows what he doing, because if doesn't...it sets the team back God knows how long.
    OMG WOW. Did you really just say that Laurie is more likely to side with Roseman over Reid because he's Jewish? Unreal...take your hate elsewhere.

“Too many people go through life complaining about their problems. I've always believed that if you took one tenth of the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themoleculoman View Post
    Its actually Lurie.

vCash
    Not hate, it's being a realist. If I hated Howie Roseman or Jeffrey Lurie, I'd say something hateful (not, "He has worked hard to get where he is"...) If you don't believe common ancestry/race has some part in the Lurie-Roseman relationship, well cool...that's your opinion. I used the word guessing, because I am going on what other people have said in these forums. Why would general manager (with four years of experience scouting) have more say over a head football coach (with 28 years of coaching experience and 9 years of being executive vice president of football operations with the Eagles) in drafting a first round pick (Graham over Pierre-Paul)? This is only one question of many... If I'm missing something let me know.

Renegade, it was a joke Funny ScoPo thought it was Laurie after reading what I wrote.
    Last edited by themoleculoman; 01-17-2013 at 12:26 AM.