Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Whose bench scores more points?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dallas

5 100.00%
  • Houston

0 0%
  • Tie

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    4 straight! Championship!
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    I would like to note that my man Marion has really been a huge contributor to our offense of late. He's scored at least 18 in three of the last four games and in double digits in four of the five wins. In all four instances where he scored in double digits, he shot 50% or better. As Dirk gets going, we're seeing the offense begin to rumble to life. Dirk opens up Mayo and spreads the floor so Collison and Marion can both slash and, in Marion's case, post up some.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Good W.

To me it seems like Marion plays better when Dirk is back and playing real minutes, probably what he's used to here.

Vince is back too! ..back to his hiding behind perimeter not playing assertive..I wish he could bring the same mentality he has when he was starting like vs Washington with Dirk not playing.
    His defense, passing, and being a vocal leader thingy is still great but let's be honest we want him to be scoring even tho dirk is back which he'll never understand.

vCash
    like I know it's such an old story to harp on about the past years but really I dont get it. Like why don't the coaches ever get on him. I know he's got an old body and I can't feel what that's like yet but really.. he palms the ball like a nerf ball, can go either way, baseline, crossover. Everytime he puts the ball down and attacks all the way I know he's finishing or getting to the line.. he has so many moves once he starts reaching the paint with those hops and floating around. Like that last game vs the Kings in the 4th.. why doesn't he try to score in those ways constantly?
    Like Marion blows on offense usually but he still tries scoring the same ways that work for him best.

I'll never get the old VC and it frustrates the crap outa me. Everytime he makes some attacks you're just like what..? He could do that almost anytime he wanted to why doesn't he.

vCash
    good win

- mayo finally goes to to paint and drwas some fouls, nice nice assist numbers and rebounds !!!
    - dirk is a little bit back^^
    - brand great D and offense like this guy

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    Brands been good lately. Not sure if I trust him yet tho cuz he's had so many bad games with that ft line jumper he always does

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    Like Marion blows on offense usually but he still tries scoring the same ways that work for him best.
    I'm not trying to hate on your post. But I really don't get where you get that Marion blows on offense. He puts up shooting percentages closer to centers than small forwards. I posted a comparison like last year that shows just how elite of company Marion has been in during his time with the Mavs. Before last year, Marion was only bested by Lebron James in shooting percentage outside of Centers and Power Forwards in his time with the Mavs (so amongst wing players) and in 2009-2010, Marion led the league in wing players shooting percentage.

I just don't get how you can justify saying he sucks on offense. Is his shot unorthodox? Definitely. I'd never teach anyone to shoot like him when it comes to jumpers. But to say he blows on offense? There's no evidence of that whatsoever. He's not the feature of an offense and Dirk makes him better (like Nash did). But no team would ever succeed without role players. And Marion does that on offense well.

I'm not asking you like Marion or enjoy his game or whatever. But I really want to know what makes you think like you do. I'm talking about something factual and not just, he looks awkward.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    it the same thing with marion and ohter players some night you love them some night you hope they get tradet...

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by King41 View Post
    it the same thing with marion and ohter players some night you love them some night you hope they get tradet...
    That's true with almost any player below superstar level and above Derek Fisher level. Any middle of the pack or above average, but not all-star level player will have their good and bad nights. But over the course of a season, we're much better with Marion in his role than we would be with any available replacement. He's not great, but as I said, I just don't get where the particular comment about Marion came from.
    Dr. Seuss

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123