Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Here's the problem with ridding of Williams, assuming the secondary stays as is. All we are is one injury away from Jarrett Bush being on the field again.

vCash
    **** jarrett bush
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akorber View Post
    casey hayward is already the best DB on the team.
    Shields is right now

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Homer pick here...

Draft Micah Hyde in the 5th round.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    The best cover corner? I must of missed it. When both Shields and Hayward did what they did this year the little House did wasn't nearly enough to convince me that. After all there was a reason House was benched in favor of Shields and never saw the field again. Shields outplayed him as a cover corner. Every1 is entitled to their own opinion but the stats back up both Shields and Hayward as being the better corners this year. If this year is all we have to go off of with House and Hayward then how could House possibly of shown he was better.
    i think what he meant was our best PRESS cover guy.

the sample size may have been a bit small for that. but i remember at least a half a dozen plays noticing really good press coverage by House. I think people will be very happy with House if he can stay on the field.

Shields has unbelievable speed and will always be used on the outside. UnREAL that we got him as an undrafted FA.

Hayward has great instincts and awareness, but i honestly would be surprised to see him lineup on the outside more often. Hes too good in the slot.

Tramon needs a fire lit under his ***, and I think thats what Joe Whitt is doing here. Tramon played very uninspired football this year. Hopefully he gets the message and works on some things this year, because he needs to or else we are going to see shields and house on the outside and hayward on the slot....its definitely a privilege to have 3 good young corners.
    the packers have so much talent...

vCash
    Im not giving up on Tramon, but Shields has outplayed tremendoisly down the stretch and if Tramon doesnt come correct, Sam should win the job.. he's so athletically gifted and his ball skills are the best on this team.. no homo lol.. It will be Shields num 1, Tramon on 2 and Casey in the slot.. though Hayward was just a rookie, so he's only going to get better.. Wont be shocked if he plays much better outside.. Tramon is in the doghouse right now.

vCash
    The problem with Williams is and if anyone thinks different I have every game on my computer including the playoffs is that Tramon was so not hungry to back up his big talk... Many many many plays out of position getting toasted and could not shed blocks nor did he seem all the interested in tackling.
    ~
    Yes he is a Vet yes it is nice to have Veteran leadership on the field oh wait that is if your leading by example and giving it your all in which Tramon did not this last season.
    ~
    Stuff like that out of a Vet will kill a team.... That is not leadership and the type of leaders this team needs to be teaching rookies and young players...
    ~
    Williams has like 13.4 million left on two years remaining on his contract there is not a single team willing to trade for him after breaking down game film this past season of a CB that plays on a winning team who's team haD a legit shot of going to a Superbowl. What would be there purpose? To put a player on there roster who could not even be all that motivated knowing they have a shot at glory...
    ~
    Sorry but if that is not motivation enough no team that you go to is going to up your play.. Which would mean you lost some talent somewhere and lost a step along the way.
    ~
    Two things might happen with Williams ether he takes a pay cut and accepts the fact that Sam Shields out plays him and he settles for a back roll or he might get released and that money be put towards Sam Shields future who is a Restricted Free Agent.
    ~
    Tramon is in the Dog House and I do not know if he will ever get himself out not after playing like he did on a Superbowl run team.

vCash
    pretty tired of you guys always wanting to trade players after bad years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tru_m.a.c. View Post
    I get you, but this one makes some sense to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tru_m.a.c. View Post
    I too understand but if the offer where right I'd understand trading from a position of considerable strength (CB) to a position of need. If they trade Tramon, fine. If not, I certainly don't mind going into the season with a stable full of talented CBs.

REC:

TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcup View Post
    Homer pick here...

Draft Micah Hyde in the 5th round.
    hell yeah I am for this too lol But I think he will go 3rd-4th

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    hell yeah I am for this too lol But I think he will go 3rd-4th
    I'm going to spam this name quite a bit until draft day but Leon Mcfadden is so impressive. He fits what Green Bay needs at CB exactly. The guy is tough as hell and is a very willing tackler. I would love to see Williams traded and Mcfadden drafted in the fourth. I guess I should also mention his excellent press coverage and also a really good Zone player. I do think a CB needs to be drafted mid rd this year and this is the guy I'll be lobbying for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    I'm going to spam this name quite a bit until draft day but Leon Mcfadden is so impressive. He fits what Green Bay needs at CB exactly. The guy is tough as hell and is a very willing tackler. I would love to see Williams traded and Mcfadden drafted in the fourth. I guess I should also mention his excellent press coverage and also a really good Zone player. I do think a CB needs to be drafted mid rd this year and this is the guy I'll be lobbying for.
    Yeah I saw some of Mcfadden in the senior bowl practice and he was impressive. I think Hyde is in the same boat he is a speedy guy good man to man and zone coverage but, Like D-cup said its a homer pick

vCash
    I see House had his surgery which is nice to hear. I wish him a fast recovery.
    ~
    House was in a tough spot but what impressed me the most about him was he really wanted to play...
    ~
    Open competition is truly the only way to go... It shows who is willing to hustle and who is not willing. I think always this should be the case...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombardi24 View Post
    I see House had his surgery which is nice to hear. I wish him a fast recovery.
    ~
    House was in a tough spot but what impressed me the most about him was he really wanted to play...
    ~
    Open competition is truly the only way to go... It shows who is willing to hustle and who is not willing. I think always this should be the case...
    The only CB I saw that didn't look like he wanted to play was Williams. Actually I feel like a broken record but I'd argue Shields showed he wanted to play the most. He came out and proved he could be a physical corner which was the only thing that could keep him off the field. If 1 player proved he had heart to me this year it has to be Shields. I respect the guy a lot more than I did in 2011.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast