Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should make the HOF this year?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gary Payton

35 94.59%
  • Tim Hardaway

15 40.54%
  • Mitch Richmond

13 35.14%
  • Benard King

17 45.95%
  • Jerry Krause

0 0%
  • Jerry Tarkanian

1 2.70%
  • George McGinnis

2 5.41%
  • Maurice Cheeks

8 21.62%
  • Bob “Slick” Leonard

0 0%
  • Vlade Divac

10 27.03%
  • Sarunas Marciulionis

3 8.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

HOF: Class of 2013

NBA.com recently posted an article about the 2013 HOF class:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/0...t-deserving-2/

Some candidates are as follows:
    Gary Payton
    Bernard King
    Jerry Krause
    Tim Hardaway
    Mitch Richmond
    Jerry Tarkanian
    George McGinnis
    Maurice Cheeks
    Bob “Slick” Leonard
    Vlade Divac
    Sarunas Marciulionis

Absent from the ballot: Mark Jackson. Apparently over the last three seasons that he was on the ballot, he failed to get a single vote. I'd think the guy who was second on the all-time assist total when he retired (now third) would have gotten in for sure. Richmond and Hardaway should have been voted in by now as well. Payton seems like a clear cut first ballot player, and Benard King should have been elected years ago!

Who do you think should make the HOF this year? I set the poll up so you could select multiple votes, so feel free to vote for who ever you think if HOF worthy.
    Last edited by JasonJohnHorn; 01-16-2013 at 09:18 AM.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Not a terribly strong class. I'd be fine if only Gary got in.

King was a good player, but far from extraordinary. It's perfectly fair that he's had a long wait. If he gets in, he'll be one of the weakest members.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post

King was a good player, but far from extraordinary. It's perfectly fair that he's had a long wait. If he gets in, he'll be one of the weakest members.
    I think the thing with Benard King is that his career was slowed due to injury. When he played be was one of the best scorers in the game, and for a SF he was a solid rebounder and great passer.

I'm curious as to your thoughts on Tim Hardaway and Mitch Richmond, and I'll throw in Mark Jackson there. I think you've already weighed in on Richmond in another thread, but I forget what you had said.

Vlade and Marciulionis will get in based on their European play.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    How long have Hardaway and Mitch waited now?

I'm fine with both getting in...I'm just not to eager about it. Good players, but I don't consider either all time greats.

Of the Americans, I really think I would only vote Payton. I'd have to look into it more...this is just off the top of my head.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Gary Payton
    Bernard King

Jerry Krause
    Tim Hardaway
    Mitch Richmond

Jerry Tarkanian
    George McGinnis
    Maurice Cheeks

Bob “Slick” Leonard
    Vlade Divac
    Sarunas Marciulionis

how do you not call this class great?

Warriors being represented!!! Hardaway, Richmond, Marciulionis!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    I think the thing with Benard King is that his career was slowed due to injury. When he played be was one of the best scorers in the game, and for a SF he was a solid rebounder and great passer.

I'm curious as to your thoughts on Tim Hardaway and Mitch Richmond, and I'll throw in Mark Jackson there. I think you've already weighed in on Richmond in another thread, but I forget what you had said.

Vlade and Marciulionis will get in based on their European play.
    i doubt it, if i dotn remember badly Oscar Schmidt is in the ballot too.
    He will be the one entering for international basket.

In the end he is the dude that has scored more PRO points in teh world, yep he scored more points than kareem on games that lasted 8 less minutes , slower pace and retiring younger.

Nick Gallis is in the poll too, and will probably enter as iNternational too.
    ]

vCash

ewing

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post

BS. King was fantastic. His career was derailed by injury just has he was hitting his prime. I'd like to see him get in. I don't think he has been treated unfairly though- injuries happen

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    Gary Payton would be my only choice to make the Hall of Fame of those candidates on the 1st ballot.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 5-8, games this week vs. Chicago White Sox (3), Baltimore (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: 11-5, 2013 AFC South Champs, great season guys.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, good effort guys.

vCash
    My class would be King, payton, Mcginnis, cheeks, Divac, gallis, Oscar Schmidt.
    ]

vCash
    Just read the list, theres an spanish Coach nominated in the international category ( Lolo Sainz) doesnt make sense at all, there are better coaches in europe and even in spain.,
    ]

vCash
    GP, King, Mo Cheeks, Divac, Gallis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    GP, King, Mo Cheeks, Divac, Gallis
    similar list, you case against Mcginnis and Oscar that i have also included?
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    similar list, you case against Mcginnis and Oscar that i have also included?
    I only threw Gallis in there because hes American. JK. I just dont know enough about Oscar to have an opinion on him. Whereas Nikos is pretty memorable because of his matchups with MJ. If you strongly feel that hes a better player than Nikos than I will yield to your expertise here.

McGinnis was a star in the ABA but didn't quite live up to that in the NBA. Solid player, but unless we count ABA championships, I dont see whats so remarkable about his career. Fringle All-Star who had very little team success. Thats not an NBA HOF career, if he makes it, it will be because of the ABA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    BS. King was fantastic. His career was derailed by injury just has he was hitting his prime. I'd like to see him get in. I don't think he has been treated unfairly though- injuries happen
    Yea he had to mean career because at his best, King was an MVP caliber player. Injuries suck.

I hate that life in sports comes down to luck, King had it all but couldn't stay healthy, then we have George McGinnis who had it all but didn't want it bad enough.

If McGinnis makes it then we really open the door for far superior careers like Vince. For all the **** VC gets for not trying hard enough, McGinnis makes him look like Kobe. Long before AI said "we talkin about practice" we had McGinnis loafing during practice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Sorry. King in his prime was fantastic. Injuries really boned him, but I just think as a career he is a fringe HOFer. He would get in ahead of the other non-international players though.

I guess Payton, Divac, and King would be my first three to get in. Cheeks and Gallis next. Just putting Payton in might just be a case of me being too selective.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast