Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    There are some weird posts in this thread. All I have to say is that: Give Kobe credit for having a pretty damn good game on both ends of the floor last night + the win. Secondly WHO CARES IF DURANT IS BETTER THAN KOBE. Stop being so butthurt about it. Its the truth, and its hard to hear but deal with it. Kobe isnt a 26 year old any more. Thirdly, of course Lebron is gonna destroy Kobe, hes the best player and the most unstoppable player. He is going to get his numbers no matter what.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    On nooo!! A prime sf/pf getting the better of a 17 year vet. Say I ain't so.
    First of all just cause Lebron plays pf at times that doesn't make him one. Second yes it's obvious that Lebron is much younger and Kobe wont be able to best Lebron but in his prime he wouldn't either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    Durant's a better scorer and rebounder, that's about it.
    What makes Durant a better rebounder? Career: Durant 6.7 per game, Lebron 7.2. Last 3 years: Durant 7.4, Lebron 7.8. And Lebron beats him by a little in per36 and Reb%.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Everyone around the organization has been critical of his defense. I've only watched him 5 or so times (entire games, that is), and wasn't impressed. Many fans in your own forum (obviously most aren't as intelligent as you) have been lambasting his defense all year.
    You're right. important to note- that nearly all of this criticism came when dwight was injured (when kobe legitimately did have a few poor defensive outings where he was unable to adjust; the whole teams defense was terrible in those games as well).

I'll take your word for it though, because you should and do know better than me. It just contradicts a lot of what I've heard. I don't have the Synergy stats at my fingertips right now, but sifting through them maybe two weeks ago and he was having a down year, and drastically so.
    Neither do I, I'd be interested in giving them a look over too. i'm gong strictly off what ive seen with my eyes so id be interested in the numbers to get a broader look at things.

There were talks the other day, from respectable columnists, about whether or not that back court defensive tandem was the worst in the NBA.
    i'm sure there are several less recognizable ones that are just as bad or worse. i missed those articles though- anything i should look up?

However, recently (see: Kyrie, see: Paul, see: Jennings) his defense has seemingly improved, perhaps a lot because D'Antoni has shifted him to smaller guards rather than bigger guards (ie, PGs instead of SGs).
    the whole thing is just so weird. i think coach recognized that he needs to give him an important assignment to keep him honest defensively (i think it might have been Nahes idea actually, to play into Kobes ego). As in, if Kobe is given an important defensive assignment- he's going to play honest defense and he's gona give it what he's got. at the same time, Kobe will be expending a lot of energy, and be forced to take it a bit more easy on offense; which will create a better offensive balance for the team. I'm giving coach credit, but I wouldnt be surprised if it was Nahes idea. Nash talks about Kobes defense a bit down here- i also read an article where nash said kobe can still play fantastic defense, but that minute management will play a key role night in and night out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpc1kJ5Ls_s

Perhaps I was being too harsh, but up until recently no one was praising his defense...be it people around the Lakers, Lakers fans, or pundits/fans looking from afar.
    you're right. i'd argue that they just weren't paying attention to him individually. when the whole team is doing poor defensively, it's rare for any individual to be called out for great defense. hell, you could apply that logic to Howard this year too (since he's been good- despite his physically limiting back situation; dude isn't even in contention for DPOY).
    Dirk dominating at age 35

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kntresistheheat View Post
    Well, buckle up Kobe. You got to guard wade or bron next.
    Wade is easy to guard and Kobe had often been the winner in their matchups, but Lebron is almost impossible to guard except he has a bad night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    First of all just cause Lebron plays pf at times that doesn't make him one. Second yes it's obvious that Lebron is much younger and Kobe wont be able to best Lebron but in his prime he wouldn't either.
    Them bees fighting words lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Wade is easy to guard and Kobe had often been the winner in their matchups, but Lebron is almost impossible to guard except he has a bad night.
    lakers would be smart to just have artest hound james. james will still go off and have a big night, but hound him. throw kobe and wade, that'll be just fine.
    Dirk dominating at age 35

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers+Giants View Post
    2-0 vs the dubs
    Ok. Can I ask how your a lakers fan and a giants fan it just doesn't make sense to me. Also season series don't matter Dubs haven't gone on a 6 game losing streak lmao xD

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kntresistheheat View Post
    Well, buckle up Kobe. You got to guard wade or bron next.
    artest usually guards bron bron.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
    artest usually guards bron bron.
    Thank you for pointing that out. Kobe is only going to guard wade or probably allen... Clark and Metta would probably guard Lebron Tomorrow...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersIn5 View Post
    kobe is an elite defender if he wants to defend
    exactly. With his mileage, and need on offense, he doesn't routinely put in the effort on defense. But when he wants to, he absolutely can shut someone down.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    Please dont make me look up Kobes numbers bro
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=jamesle01

you were saying?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Kobe Bryant at age 34 with all the minutes cannot play 40 minutes a game. Put as much energy on offense as he does and then have the stamina to play lockdown Defense. I'd say his defensive issues the past few years can be chalked up to minutes. Would Duncan be playing lockdown D with 40 minutes per game? No, but he is with 30.

vCash
    He's always been a good/great defender. It's just that other perimeter players have played better D than him over his career so people call him overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    He's always been a good/great defender. It's just that other perimeter players have played better D than him over his career so people call him overrated.
    exactly. Kobe making 1st team all defense yearly, when many of those years there were simply better perimeter defenders not making it due to him, is why so many call Kobe an overrated defender as a whole.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast