#*********

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitemamba33 View Post
    Lakers fans embarrass me
    then don't watch
    VIVA CROONER!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    On nooo!! A prime sf/pf getting the better of a 17 year vet. Say I ain't so.
    umm i wasnt the one that brought it up. why would you even comment on it? lol typical.

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by la4life24/8 View Post
    exactly! No one can stop lebron? At all... So why are people so stoked that kobe cant completely shut him down? Stupid heat fans... All you have to do is shut every other person on the heat down (pretty easy considering) and let lebron have his game, 1 dude is not gonna beat 5 many games *see 05'-06' kobe* lebron isnt that great of a scorer he needs his teammates taking pressure off of him to get his easiest looks, if we lock down everyone but lebron and let the likes of mwp and maybe clark just beat on lebron all game, they can def be beat
    lol!

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Kobe's defense overall this year has been bad. Last few games it's been great. The problem is he can be one of the best defensive players in the NBA. He just chooses not to.

Maybe its because he's 400 years old though

vCash
    Kobe is too old for this ****
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    For once I wish the Lakers could get a nice lead in the 4th and let Kobe sit the rest of the game...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDubs View Post
    Sorry but nobody gives two ***** about numbers like PPG but ignorant Lakers fans. KD is much better than Kobe at pretty much everything and is basically a giant humble Kobe who can shoot 3's rebound and play D. Kobe's shooting below 48% btw so before you go saying random **** like a typical Lakers fan maybe you could actually check his stats first. KD is so much better than Kobe on each side of the floor plus he's humble where Kobe calls out his teammates as the reason for losing games. I'd take Melo over him any day in the world as well.
    Durant's a better scorer and rebounder, that's about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by el hidalgo View Post
    is it confirmed nickdymez is a troll?
    Lol the irony.
    #Chow!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by el hidalgo View Post
    moreso, who cares what brandon jennings says? he is garbage. the dude shoots 40.8%. id HOPE kobe can guard an extremely undersized SG who can't pass. not impressed at all.
    Pretty sure Jennings was playing pg, and Ellis was playing SG last night.
    #Chow!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I mean, he has been awful for the entirety of this season. I didn't watch that game, so I can't comment on that.

It is probably effort though. If he buckles down he still should be great.
    no he hasn't. i've watched every game this season manram- trust me.

for the start of the season Kobe was playing the best defense ive seen him play since 2009 or 2010. it was visually noticeable, and i was a bit surprises that he looked so quick (dropping into the 180s helped a lot).

here's what happened- when dwight went out with the torn labrum, Kobe attempted to free-saftey (in overdrive) in the hopes of stabilizing the defense. it didn't work, he was exposed blatantly on a half-dozen plays and people started to notice. Since Dwight has come back, Kobe has had all nba defender quality games against Irving and Jennings.

I really like the idea of Kobe as a defensive hugger, opposed to the safety (so long as his minutes are monitored and other pull their weight on the offensive end). but with that being said- he was having a solid defensive year before the dwight injury; he had a few bad games and that was it.

Jennings hit a 3 with an and one against Kobe last night. without that bucket, jennings would have been held to 8 points. i'm liking what i'm seeing, but James Harden Russell Westbrook and CHris Paul will serve as his ultimate tests in this role as the season plays out. my gut tells me hes just not fast enough for westbrook but he was just great against two fast guards so well see what happens- he's full of surprises.
    Last edited by Bruno; 01-16-2013 at 03:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post

for the start of the season Kobe was playing the best defense ive seen him play since 2009 or 2010. it was visually noticeable, and i was a bit surprises that he looked so quick (dropping into the 180s helped a lot).

here's what happened- when dwight went out with the torn labrum, Kobe attempted to free-saftey (in overdrive) in the hopes of stabilizing the defense. it didn't work, he was exposed blatantly on a half-dozen plays and people started to notice. Since Dwight has come back, Kobe has had all nba defender quality games against Irving and Jennings.

I really like the idea of Kobe as a defensive hugger, opposed to the safety (so long as his minutes are monitored and other pull their weight on the offensive end). but with that being said- he was having a solid defensive year before the dwight injury; he had a few bad games and that was it.

Jennings hit a 3 with an and one against Kobe last night. without that bucket, jennings would have been held to 8 points. i'm liking what i'm seeing, but James Harden Russell Westbrook and CHris Paul will serve as his ultimate tests in this role as the season plays out. my gut tells me hes just not fast enough for westbrook but he was just great against two fast guards so well see what happens- he's full of surprises.
    +1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    He may be, but you gotta give credit to the guy. Taking a difficult task in his 17th season, while putting up numbers on the offensive side. You can't deny his will to win. Give credit where credit is due.
    VIVA CROONER!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    he's channeling his inner Fro-be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post

Everyone around the organization has been critical of his defense. I've only watched him 5 or so times (entire games, that is), and wasn't impressed. Many fans in your own forum (obviously most aren't as intelligent as you) have been lambasting his defense all year.

I'll take your word for it though, because you should and do know better than me. It just contradicts a lot of what I've heard. I don't have the Synergy stats at my fingertips right now, but sifting through them maybe two weeks ago and he was having a down year, and drastically so.

There were talks the other day, from respectable columnists, about whether or not that back court defensive tandem was the worst in the NBA.

However, recently (see: Kyrie, see: Paul, see: Jennings) his defense has seemingly improved, perhaps a lot because D'Antoni has shifted him to smaller guards rather than bigger guards (ie, PGs instead of SGs).

Perhaps I was being too harsh, but up until recently no one was praising his defense...be it people around the Lakers, Lakers fans, or pundits/fans looking from afar.
    Last edited by ManRam; 01-16-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast