Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Romo2Austin View Post
    I wouldn't go that far.

I personally believe if we hired a GM, then everything would be resolved. I would get a new HC and draft a QB of the future.
    Matt Millen is a joke, don't get me wrong, but the hiring of him would indicate Jerry relinquishing some control which creates a better a future for this organization.

Any GM hiring would indicate such and I'd be the first to praise Jerry. Ironically if Jerry hired a GM I'd be giving him credit thus Jerry would look like a smart man. So stepping aside only makes him look better.

Sign me up on your HC and QB idea.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    Matt Millen is a joke, don't get me wrong, but the hiring of him would indicate Jerry relinquishing some control which creates a better a future for this organization.

Any GM hiring would indicate such and I'd be the first to praise Jerry. Ironically if Jerry hired a GM I'd be giving him credit thus Jerry would look like a smart man. So stepping aside only makes him look better.

Sign me up on your HC and QB idea.
    Honestly, sometimes I wouldn't mind if this team have a 4-12 or 5-11 season. For instance, if we are 4-12 next season, we would be in a nice position to draft maybe Teddy Bridgewater or whoever is the top QB next year. Sometimes making that next step to becoming a great team you have to have a bad season. I would much rather have that bad season, instead of being just average every year.

vCash

Thumbs up

Very happy w/ this hire.

vCash
    Honestly, sometimes I wouldn't mind if this team have a 4-12 or 5-11 season. For instance, if we are 4-12 next season, we would be in a nice position to draft maybe Teddy Bridgewater or whoever is the top QB next year. Sometimes making that next step to becoming a great team you have to have a bad season. I would much rather have that bad season, instead of being just average every year.
    i completely agree with that theory except that i believe you can find better QB's outside of a top 4 or 5 pick.

"

vCash
    i completely agree with that theory except that i believe you can find better QB's outside of a top 4 or 5 pick.
    I been keeping a eye on Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, and Tyler Bray.. You probably have a different idea, but I want this draft to focus on improving the offensive line and defensive line. Then next year we draft a QB and he would have a smoother transition. Similar with Russell Wilson this season.

vCash
    Offensive line and Defensive line are fine by me. I'd like to see a quality safety and HB as well. I think shifting to a Tampa 2 & 4-3 Hybrid isn't the right time. This should have been done back when Peppers and or Williams was available thus making the transition smoother, but now finding the parts needed to make this defense better is only complicating things even further.

Remember finding a good 4-3 DE is no easy task. Maybe in house works, but maybe it doesn't.

"

vCash
    Offensive line and Defensive line are fine by me. I'd like to see a quality safety and HB as well. I think shifting to a Tampa 2 & 4-3 Hybrid isn't the right time. This should have been done back when Peppers and or Williams was available thus making the transition smoother, but now finding the parts needed to make this defense better is only complicating things even further.

Remember finding a good 4-3 DE is no easy task. Maybe in house works, but maybe it doesn't.
    Yeah, I agree with needing a quality RB and S. I would also say WR, depends if Austin is leaving or staying. Switching to 4-3/Tampa 2 is going to be a 2-3 year process. I'm not to sure how they will be this year, but it's gonna take at least 2 years for this to work. Peppers or Williams would've been great, but we wouldn't been able to afford them.

vCash
    In other news Rob Ryan interviewed with the Rams and they didn't offer him a contract. ahh, Rob? 5 mins?

vCash
    haha 5 minutes bit him in the arse

"

vCash
    With hiring Marinelli this should give us the upper hand in aquiring a very interesting free agent.... Henry Melton from Chicago. He knows who the D staff was that made him successful. Jerry is going to move money around and we will be able to get who we want. If we can manage to get two free agents, it would be Henry Melton and Jairus Byrd. It seems like Hatcher is going to be a staple on our D Line and then add melton so Ware, Ratliff, Lissemore, Hatcher. I would be very happy. Then our linebackers would be Carter, Lee, and Allbright. That is a young lb squad. Our secondary would lineup something along the times of Mo Cla, Church, Byrd, Carr. I think those two pieces completely changes our D. This sets up our #1 pick and maybe #2 O-Line

vCash
    I have heard rumblings that Kiffin is trying to sway Derrick Brooks to coach LB's for us.!?!?

Brooks, (who is milling the option) would like to go into coaching, but with his young family it might not be time.

If Brooks declines shortly, Eberflus is the man, from what I understand.

vCash
    This is interesting. Read on another forum that Kiffin wants all 4 DL to be pass rushers. That is not a problem per say but it brings DL back to the top of the list IMO. And yes I am a homer for this guy but Richardson out of MU is a beast at rushing the passer and should be there at or around 18. I think Hatcher can rush the passer as a full time player at DE opposite Ware. I dont know about keeping Ratliffe, but getting another strong pass rusher beside him should help. Spencer has to go, not worth the cost he is going to demand for now a 4-3 setup.

OL is still a big need too, gotta cut Free and spend the money on that OG from Buffalo, and maybe trade this years 2nd, 4th, and next years 1st to get back into the 1st and take an OT, if we do sign that guy? Or do you trade Austin and next years 1st and go WR in 2nd round?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stlbest5in2013 View Post
    This is interesting. Read on another forum that Kiffin wants all 4 DL to be pass rushers. That is not a problem per say but it brings DL back to the top of the list IMO. And yes I am a homer for this guy but Richardson out of MU is a beast at rushing the passer and should be there at or around 18. I think Hatcher can rush the passer as a full time player at DE opposite Ware. I dont know about keeping Ratliffe, but getting another strong pass rusher beside him should help. Spencer has to go, not worth the cost he is going to demand for now a 4-3 setup.
    There has been a few articles making the rounds today and yesterday about Hatcher not knowing where he is going to play this year. Says Kiffin told him that he (Hatcher) is in the plans obviously, but was still trying to see if he was going to play him as a DE or DT in the 4-3.

Reading into it a little more, means if we draft a DT like Richardson, Hatcher will line up at DE. If we draft a guy like Dion Jordan or Ezekial Ansah, Hatcher would line up at DT.

This type of versatility is awesome.

vCash
    How can we give him credit when the we don't have the results?

At this point I'll take any GM. I'll even stomach Matt Millen for a brief period of time if it's going to snowball into less GM duties for Jerry....When are the majority of fans going to say enough is enough and stop shelling out their cash to him?
    I was with you until you spewed THAT name? But I agree with your point - FO change is needed badly, and not Stephen, although I wouldn't even mind that as a starting point.

Add Lovie to that list.
    Sadly, he is home sipping tea with no job

Matt Millen is a joke
    ok, NOW you're cooking with gas!

I can never say that. I would never want the team to be as bad as the 2012 eagles just to get a QB in the top 5 picks or so. Can't do it. Besides the obvious part about the horrid season, you also want to be a place where a player will WANT to play or a FA will want to come to...how many FA's are the eagles signing? I can't see players wanting to beat their door down when it opens up.

Agreed.

I been keeping a eye on Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, and Tyler Bray.. I want this draft to focus on improving the offensive line and defensive line. .
    I am actually starting to like Barkley, and he won't go in the first round, IMO. I still would prefer OL, DL, OL with our 1st picks (although I could see something else at #3); but yes, get the lines fixed

I can see Marinelli making a big difference to guys like Crawford, Hatcher and Lissemore, but even more so with whomever we draft or sign

In other news Rob Ryan interviewed with the Rams and they didn't offer him a contract. ahh, Rob? 5 mins?
    douche....5 min, lol

Quote Originally Posted by bhooks80 View Post
    I have heard rumblings that Kiffin is trying to sway Derrick Brooks to coach LB's for us.!?!? If Brooks declines shortly, Eberflus is the man, from what I understand.
    see bolded

Quote Originally Posted by bhooks80 View Post
    There has been a few articles making the rounds today and yesterday about Hatcher not knowing where he is going to play this year. Says Kiffin told him that he (Hatcher) is in the plans obviously, but was still trying to see if he was going to play him as a DE or DT in the 4-3.

This type of versatility is awesome.
    Love it.

vCash
    Got a feelin Bill Callahan will be callin the plays
    DALLAS COWBOYS 2-1 (BIG YEAR COMING FOR DEFENSE)

Mavs 0-0
    Monta Ellis + Dirk + Calderon + Rick = Best Monta you will see

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast