Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 372
  1. #271
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,841
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    This is my thought as well...if Marinelli can continue to work his magic, then Crawford could benefit greatly as well as guys like hatcher and lissemore....and those are just the in-house guys...

    the one thing that no one has mentioned (at least I didn't see it) is that free agents may want to come here to be a part of this defense as a result of the overhaul in the coaching staff at the highest levels and also retaining the guys that they SHOULD retain like eberfuls and henderson...
    Good point, we just need to figure out how to create cap space. I been hearing people mentioning Brian Urlacher as a veteran to help teach the defense, but I don't know how much he has left in the tank.

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,841
    vCash
    1500
    Cowboys DE Jason Hatcher could kick inside to tackle in new DC Monte Kiffin's 4-3 scheme.
    "He still doesn't know where I'm going to play yet," Hatcher said. "I don't know if I'm going to be the Warren Sapp in his 4-3 defense or not." Hatcher started all 16 games for the first time in his seven-year career in 2012, tallying 51 tackles and four sacks. He made major contributions both against the run and as a pass rusher, grading out as Pro Football Focus' No. 4 3-4 end.
    He's been a underrated player this year.

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    975
    vCash
    1500
    Without a doubt Hatcher is the most underrated player on the team
    DALLAS COWBOYS 2-1 (BIG YEAR COMING FOR DEFENSE)


    Mavs 0-0
    Monta Ellis + Dirk + Calderon + Rick = Best Monta you will see

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    975
    vCash
    1500
    I think Marinelli takes over as DC when Kiffin is done. Only reason why I think he would take a D-Line coach and not a DC somewhere
    DALLAS COWBOYS 2-1 (BIG YEAR COMING FOR DEFENSE)


    Mavs 0-0
    Monta Ellis + Dirk + Calderon + Rick = Best Monta you will see

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NE Penna (God's Country)
    Posts
    26,506
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Romo2Austin View Post
    Good point, we just need to figure out how to create cap space. I been hearing people mentioning Brian Urlacher as a veteran to help teach the defense, but I don't know how much he has left in the tank.


    I said that in one or two other threads...when I threw out my FRED-3 defense, I saw Urlacher as the MLB with Lee and Carter on the outside...urlacher keeps the inside run game in check and the others don't let anyone get to the outside or catch short passes....of course. while I see Urlacher as a good player in this, he could price himself away from us...I don't want to pay for his name..I would pay him based on expectations given his age, injury history, etc...

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,841
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I said that in one or two other threads...when I threw out my FRED-3 defense, I saw Urlacher as the MLB with Lee and Carter on the outside...urlacher keeps the inside run game in check and the others don't let anyone get to the outside or catch short passes....of course. while I see Urlacher as a good player in this, he could price himself away from us...I don't want to pay for his name..I would pay him based on expectations given his age, injury history, etc...
    I could see him signing for a reasonable contract. Rob Marinelli would also make him feel comfortable coming here and would be the perfect mentor for Sean Lee.

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,424
    vCash
    1500
    Well, its like having two wily vets making up plans together, which is probably why Kiffin brought him in. Marinelli would be a great sounding board. I think having the vets will get the defensive guys to make sound fundamental plays, which I felt the defense was already doing..... those guys were making the most of it all year...scraping and fighting despite all the crazy injuries to the heart of our defense.... you lose the middle of your line, your star middle linebackers, your safeties... that's just crazy...and they really fought hard and stayed in. It was really the offense that put them in bad spots at times. Ok, the d wasn't perfect, but come on, bad turnover and they have to defend the goalline.....any defense will have trouble with that. If Garrett continues to struggle, our d coaches are actually more experienced than him.

    The GM of the Ravens has done a really nice job of putting a competitive on the field year after year.

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,852
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mikel816 View Post
    These aren't just big name coaches they're are proven coaches. And the type of guys that aren't just jockeying for a head coaching job.
    1. Kiffin is 73 years old and not a long term solution.
    2. Monte Kiffin was relevant in the NFL when?
    3. Proven when he had Warren Sapp, Derek Brooks, Simeon Rice, John Lynch, and Ronde Barber. Give me a break. Put the koolaid down.
    4. Did you watch Oregon slap 62 points on USC?
    5. For that matter did you watch the entire season?

    [QUOTE=mikel816;25145637For all the bad personnel moves JJ had made he's mad a lot more good ones. But you seem like the guy that still thinks Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells were actually buying the groceries.[/QUOTE]

    “Jerry started putting all those titles on himself after I left. He didn’t call himself general manager and president and all that stuff when I was there. He was just the owner. Because it was in my contract that I had total responsibility for all football decisions. It was in my contract, and he didn’t allow anybody to have that in their contract after I left.”

    Johnson says that he takes more pride in what he did as the Cowboys’ general manager than in what he did as the Cowboys’ head coach.

    “I was the personnel director there with the Cowboys,” Johnson said. “My pride was collecting the talent and putting together the team that won the Super Bowls.”
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...laims-a-crock/

    You must have been sleeping under a rock in the early 90's or for the last 22 years because it's been well documented time after again that Jimmy Johnson was the brains behind those championship clubs so you need to get your facts straight before you act like a know it all with your ignorant remarks.

    Here's a tip, ask around, heck create a poll asking the question, in any forum you'd like, "Who was responsible for building the Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl Championship teams of the early 90's". Even the common fan will tell you it was Johnson.

    Please, it's easy to say Jerry made more great moves without using any sort of facts to back that up. Please show me the proof, because i will gladly enlighten you on all the mistakes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Romo2Austin View Post
    I think everyone already knows by now you dislike Jerry and Romo... we hire a great defensive coordinator to become our defensive line coach and you go on a little rant
    1. Read above

    2. A rant? How many times do posters such as yourself go on rants about all the "great" moves that Dallas makes each and every time they make one? And i disagree yet I'm the one ranting? Just stop

    3. If you don't like my post, my opinion, or my reasoning then pass on by. There's no rule that makes you have to comment.

    4. Back to the supposed rant since you fail to understand any sort of logic:

    We could throw a truck load of cash to Belli to be the special teams coach seeing how he was once a ST coach for NY, bring back Chuck Knoll he's only 8 years older than Kiffin, How about raising Bill Walsh from the dead and he can be the offensive coordinator? Sound good?

    Now if Jerry Jones is the one doing the drafting it doesn't matter how many "great and so called proven" coaches there are on the team they won't succeed without the proper players.

    Is that too difficult to understand? Is that a rant? Or is that basic football knowledge, something even the seasonal bandwagon fan could understand?

    Here's the ironic part that actually proves my so called rant as truth, you ready??

    1. You have fallen into the trap of actually believing that the "coordinator" positions were the problem with this team yet have failed to remember that when we last had an all star coaching staff was when Jimmy Johnson was doing the drafting. Do we see a trend?

    2. This is just another attempt at Jerry Jones trying to prove that he can duplicate the success that Jimmy Johnson takes credit for on his own. - Ask yourself this: If Jerry was the one who built the dynasty then who or why does he have to prove anything?

    3. Do you not see a constant denominator as being the GM since 1996? Don't you see the coaches hired, the free agents signed, and draftees brought in? What's been the result?

    Yet I myself, many more people, professional analysts, coaches, players, and people who have studied and understood this sport for decades have said the same thing, yet you call that a rant.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  9. #279
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,852
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Romo2Austin View Post
    Everyone always say Jerry to needs to stop being the GM, when in reality everyone knows it's not gonna happen. The best thing we are gonna get is if he allows Stephen become the GM.
    1. Everyone said the Titanic wouldn't sink.

    2. Just because you don't agree or don't see the problem means everyone else should agree with you and stop voicing their own opinion?

    3. Mike Brown Owner/GM of the Bengals was in charge for quite a long time and recently allowed Marvin Lewis to do the drafting and decisions on player personnel. O Wait, the Bengals have been in the playoffs two years in a row in one of if not the hardest divisions in football.

    4. Everyone said the Farmers and Pilgrims were no match for the Red Coats.

    The only thing fans can do is voice their opinion and or show their dislike yet you want them to stop because the task of removing a GM is difficult?
    Last edited by thedon01; 01-19-2013 at 06:45 PM.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  10. #280
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Amarillo, Tx
    Posts
    2,545
    vCash
    1500
    are kiffen and rod gonna be hard on players when they **** up? are they going to teach the proper tackling technique? is our defense gonna be a good discaplined group? these are big name defensive coaches, but will they flourish here? we will see.

    titties

  11. #281
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,841
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    1. Kiffin is 73 years old and not a long term solution.
    2. Monte Kiffin was relevant in the NFL when?
    3. Proven when he had Warren Sapp, Derek Brooks, Simeon Rice, John Lynch, and Ronde Barber. Give me a break. Put the koolaid down.
    4. Did you watch Oregon slap 62 points on USC?
    5. For that matter did you watch the entire season?





    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...laims-a-crock/

    You must have been sleeping under a rock in the early 90's or for the last 22 years because it's been well documented time after again that Jimmy Johnson was the brains behind those championship clubs so you need to get your facts straight before you act like a know it all with your ignorant remarks.

    Here's a tip, ask around, heck create a poll asking the question, in any forum you'd like, "Who was responsible for building the Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl Championship teams of the early 90's". Even the common fan will tell you it was Johnson.

    Please, it's easy to say Jerry made more great moves without using any sort of facts to back that up. Please show me the proof, because i will gladly enlighten you on all the mistakes.



    1. Read above

    2. A rant? How many times do posters such as yourself go on rants about all the "great" moves that Dallas makes each and every time they make one? And i disagree yet I'm the one ranting? Just stop

    3. If you don't like my post, my opinion, or my reasoning then pass on by. There's no rule that makes you have to comment.

    4. Back to the supposed rant since you fail to understand any sort of logic:

    We could throw a truck load of cash to Belli to be the special teams coach seeing how he was once a ST coach for NY, bring back Chuck Knoll he's only 8 years older than Kiffin, How about raising Bill Walsh from the dead and he can be the offensive coordinator? Sound good?

    Now if Jerry Jones is the one doing the drafting it doesn't matter how many "great and so called proven" coaches there are on the team they won't succeed without the proper players.

    Is that too difficult to understand? Is that a rant? Or is that basic football knowledge, something even the seasonal bandwagon fan could understand?

    Here's the ironic part that actually proves my so called rant as truth, you ready??

    1. You have fallen into the trap of actually believing that the "coordinator" positions were the problem with this team yet have failed to remember that when we last had an all star coaching staff was when Jimmy Johnson was doing the drafting. Do we see a trend?

    2. This is just another attempt at Jerry Jones trying to prove that he can duplicate the success that Jimmy Johnson takes credit for on his own. - Ask yourself this: If Jerry was the one who built the dynasty then who or why does he have to prove anything?

    3. Do you not see a constant denominator as being the GM since 1996? Don't you see the coaches hired, the free agents signed, and draftees brought in? What's been the result?

    Yet I myself, many more people, professional analysts, coaches, players, and people who have studied and understood this sport for decades have said the same thing, yet you call that a rant.
    First off everything you said is absolutely right. I shouldn't used the word "rant" but it's not very often Jerry makes a decent move, so I'm just giving him some credit. And when did I fall in the trap that the "coordinator" is the problem? I just personally think Kiffin and Marinelli are great coaches. It's not like I'm saying we are going to playoffs after these moves. We still gotta fix many major issues and that starts with the front office. Jerry is a great owner, but GM that's obviously a different story. If I was Jerry I would try and find a way to get Eric DeCosta (Baltimore Ravens assistant GM). But he's likely to stay with Ravens. Right now this team is still mediocre, Jerry mentioned he's gonna make drastic changes, but those drastic changes should be in the front office. I myself just find it hard that he will step down as the GM because he has too much of an ego.

  12. #282
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,841
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    1. Everyone said the Titanic wouldn't sink.

    2. Just because you don't agree or don't see the problem means everyone else should agree with you and stop voicing their own opinion?

    3. Mike Brown Owner/GM of the Bengals was in charge for quite a long time and recently allowed Marvin Lewis to do the drafting and decisions on player personnel. O Wait, the Bengals have been in the playoffs two years in a row in one of if not the hardest divisions in football.

    4. Everyone said the Farmers and Pilgrims were no match for the Red Coats.

    The only thing fans can do is voice their opinion and or show their dislike yet you want them to stop because the task of removing a GM is difficult?
    Look what I said in my last post with the last sentence. Anything can happen though. And one more thing I'm usually staying positive because I have no choice, but continue to support them.
    Last edited by Romo2TheOscars; 01-19-2013 at 08:14 PM.

  13. #283
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,852
    vCash
    1500
    How can we give him credit when the we don't have the results? Bringing in "proven" coaches doesn't = automatic success. If, and i don't believe it will, these coaches help Dallas get to where it needs to be then I'll give Jerry credit, but i've seen this type of thing for 17 years. I'm not going to be foolish and hop on the wagon just because Jerry's being Jerry.

    At this point I'll take any GM. I'll even stomach Matt Millen for a brief period of time if it's going to snowball into less GM duties for Jerry. I think bringing in a solid coach (Dungy, Cowher, Gruden) could allow them most of the GM duties so we don't even have to go the complete route of getting a solid GM like you mentioned.

    Yes Jerry said drastic changes, but what's the definition of "drastic"? To me it's one of 3 people.
    1. GM - Jerry
    2. HC - Garrett
    3. QB - Romo

    And by the looks of it none of their names are floating around as being replaced, so drastic changes in Jerry's mind seems to be changing from a 3-4 to a Tampa 4-3 Hybrid style and a DC. I'll guarantee right now that's Jerry's definition and example of drastic changes.

    I get upset when fans keep falling for it. This sort of thing happens every year. When are the majority of fans going to say enough is enough and stop shelling out their cash to him?

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  14. #284
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,841
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    How can we give him credit when the we don't have the results? Bringing in "proven" coaches doesn't = automatic success. If, and i don't believe it will, these coaches help Dallas get to where it needs to be then I'll give Jerry credit, but i've seen this type of thing for 17 years. I'm not going to be foolish and hop on the wagon just because Jerry's being Jerry.

    At this point I'll take any GM. I'll even stomach Matt Millen for a brief period of time if it's going to snowball into less GM duties for Jerry. I think bringing in a solid coach (Dungy, Cowher, Gruden) could allow them most of the GM duties so we don't even have to go the complete route of getting a solid GM like you mentioned.

    Yes Jerry said drastic changes, but what's the definition of "drastic"? To me it's one of 3 people.
    1. GM - Jerry
    2. HC - Garrett
    3. QB - Romo

    And by the looks of it none of their names are floating around as being replaced, so drastic changes in Jerry's mind seems to be changing from a 3-4 to a Tampa 4-3 Hybrid style and a DC. I'll guarantee right now that's Jerry's definition and example of drastic changes.

    I get upset when fans keep falling for it. This sort of thing happens every year. When are the majority of fans going to say enough is enough and stop shelling out their cash to him?
    I wouldn't go that far.

    I personally believe if we hired a GM, then everything would be resolved. I would get a new HC and draft a QB of the future. And I said those changes have to start with the front office. I'm not falling for anything... I said this team is still mediocre.
    Last edited by Romo2TheOscars; 01-19-2013 at 08:24 PM.

  15. #285
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,852
    vCash
    1500
    Add Lovie to that list. Surprises me that a Texas native isn't even on Jerry's list. I'd bet if he was an Arkansas boy he'd be on the list.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •