Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The best D-line coach in football IMO.

Henry Melton was a RB in college and Rod helped develop him into arguably the best 3-tech in the NFL in the last few years. He's also helped in the development of several other Bears D-linemen, like Corey Wootton, Stephen Paea, Izzy Idonije and so on.

Great hire for the Cowboys.

vCash
    Terrific hire! Could never imagine us having both Kiffin and Marinelli. Our defensive staff is basically done, now time to focus on offense.

vCash
    the dline of the Bears is pretty fearsome. Having vets as the d coaches are a good thing....but wouldn't wily vets as a head coach and offensive coordinator be the way to go too? Our offense struggled worse than our defense. While decimated by injuries, the defense seemed to rally and hang on.... the offense on the other hand...

vCash
    big splashy names...sounds like JJ...now, do the same on other side of the ball

vCash
    This is my thought as well...if Marinelli can continue to work his magic, then Crawford could benefit greatly as well as guys like hatcher and lissemore....and those are just the in-house guys...

the one thing that no one has mentioned (at least I didn't see it) is that free agents may want to come here to be a part of this defense as a result of the overhaul in the coaching staff at the highest levels and also retaining the guys that they SHOULD retain like eberfuls and henderson...

vCash
    We would all like JJ out as GM, but as long as he signs checks and has selevtive hearing, then we are stuck with him...

vCash
    it's fun to have big name coaches on the payroll, but we still have to draft the correct people. This is where fans over look. Jerry does this all the time.

Season starts out great & Cowboys are paper champs > Fans excited > Cowboys win a couple > Fans scream SB > Cowboys finish season at an embarrassing standing > Cowboys fans angry and disappointed > Jerry vows to make changes > Makes a couple changes to inspire and rejuvenate the disappointed fans > Sign a big name FA and a few middle of the road guys > Fans begin to believe again > Draft comes and Cowboys reach > Fans try to find optimism > Rinse Wash and Repeat.

Personally, I'll feel confident when Jones steps back and allows the football guys to draft accordingly.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    agree with your last sentence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    it's fun to have big name coaches on the payroll, but we still have to draft the correct people. This is where fans over look. Jerry does this all the time.

Season starts out great & Cowboys are paper champs > Fans excited > Cowboys win a couple > Fans scream SB > Cowboys finish season at an embarrassing standing > Cowboys fans angry and disappointed > Jerry vows to make changes > Makes a couple changes to inspire and rejuvenate the disappointed fans > Sign a big name FA and a few middle of the road guys > Fans begin to believe again > Draft comes and Cowboys reach > Fans try to find optimism > Rinse Wash and Repeat.

Personally, I'll feel confident when Jones steps back and allows the football guys to draft accordingly.
    For all the bad personnel moves JJ had made he's mad a lot more good ones. But you seem like the guy that still thinks Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells were actually buying the groceries.

vCash
    These aren't just big name coaches they're are proven coaches. And the type of guys that aren't just jockeying for a head coaching job.

vCash
    Got the TB staff together. Time to get Ronde, Gruden, Simeon Rice, John Lynch, Derrick Brooks, MVP Dwight Jackson, Brad Johnson, Mike Alstott, Warrick Dunn, Keyshawn, Sapp....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post

I think everyone already knows by now you dislike Jerry and Romo... we hire a great defensive coordinator to become our defensive line coach and you go on a little rant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikel816 View Post
    These aren't just big name coaches they're are proven coaches. And the type of guys that aren't just jockeying for a head coaching job.
    I am actually happy with the coaching additions...I just wonder if they were hired because of their names as JJ likes to do...my point is, did JJ get lucky and just hire good, experienced guys or did he wake up one morning and say to little stevie to go out and make some moves where people would know the names...

...I am being a little facetious, but I still can't believe in any move until I see it working - that is based on all of the crap moves that have not worked...

...I am optomistic on these coaching moves at this time....now, go and get me someone to actually run the offense and call the plays....

vCash
    Well when Kiffin has his heart attack we have a guy to step in for the job.

vCash
    Everyone always say Jerry to needs to stop being the GM, when in reality everyone knows it's not gonna happen. The best thing we are gonna get is if he allows Stephen become the GM.

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast