Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Here is another one....assistant strength coach axed

No more hammies?

vCash
    ^that's why I get the big money!

vCash
    another scape goat
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    Well you know we're going to disagree my friend, but to begin i'd like to know why you favor Jones as the GM more specifically because going along with your reasons, as in a general sense, Jerry has made some very critical mistakes in his "drafting and signing" resume.

Drafting
    Example #1 - 2008 NFL draft when he drafted Felix Jones because he missed out on McFadden. Not a terrible move, yet he passed on Chris Johnson, Matt Forte, Ray Rice, Mendenhall, and Jamaal Charles and those are just Running Backs.

Example #2 - didn't have a 2000 1st round draft pick that Seattle used to get Alexander.

Example #3 - Even during the years of Parcells there are many questions about draft choices that happened under Jerry's tenure.

Example #4 - in the 2007 draft one could argue had Dallas traded up 1 single spot in the first round they could have taken Jon Beason instead of Anthony Spencer. Or they could have reached for Eric Weddle, Ben Grubbs, Woodley, Rice, but they didn't have a 2nd and 5th round draft pick to trade.

I know I'm only cherry picking certain negatives, but my debate is against Jerry's GM abilities. However, i could go on for days with negatives in the drafting department of Jerry Jones and I'm not the only critic. There's plenty more on this website, other sites, and professional analysts.

My point is that in terms of drafting there's plenty of question marks in Jerry's choices. From players he chooses to how and why he chooses them without forgetting that he doesn't put himself and his team in the proper position to draft correctly. He goes after Jones the back up of Mcfadden because he couldn't get mcfadden. Ironically he loved them both, could it be because they played for his alma mater? That sort of thinking allowed him to miss out on better backs. That's only one small example of poor judgment. Ask yourself this, how can so many other teams make wise drafts year in an year out and Jones can't? The Ravens, Patriots, Steelers are just a few who get at least 60% of their draft to elevate their team. One thing to remember is those 3 teams over the last decade have drafted relatively late in the draft while Dallas has drafted either high or middle of the road. Just draft positioning along should give Jerry a better edge.

Free Agents

1. We kept Spencer at his tag value where we could have used his money + the contract of Berny and or Livings to yield Grubbs or Nicks. We could have promoted Butler or made a play for Jarrett Johnson. Ironically we probably won't keep spencer in free agency so what was the point of wasting that salary if we weren't planning on keeping him long term? We wasted an opportunity to invest that money into a player like Grubbs or Nicks who would have been here long term.

2. I could find more examples where question marks float around on the reasons why, but do i really need to?

3. you and i agree on the character of the players, yet Jones has had his fair share of signing character flawed players. How can you favor Jones when his past shows he favors exactly the opposite kind of player you favor?

Bottom line is a GM and or owner is evaluated on their success, I know you understand this. Now each person had a different definition for "success", but in the world of sports it's clearly defined by post season success either in appearances, wins, or both. Any other GM would have been fired and plenty have. Jerry has clearly fallen short and you've shown this, hence why i want to know more detail on your reasoning because i could be overlooking something due to my dislike of Jones.

IMO there's 3 areas people believe Jones controls.

1. Owner
    2. GM
    3. Coach

1A: - Owner [He's done a fantastic job at raising the value and profitability of the Cowboys]

1B: - GM [He's done a very poor job at creating a championship contender, the proof is in the record]

1C: - Coach [He's done a poor job of clouding the player's perspective of who's in charge and overstepping into the realm of on the field management]

*You did allude to Jerry being a good GM, but said he does overstep when it comes to coaching duties. Well doing this means you're not doing a good job as a GM. It's the GM/Owner who's the one that oversteps. Case in point - Wanting Garrett to give up play calling and taking it upon himself to hire Kiffin as the DC on Garrett's staff.

You don't hire a coach and then hire his staff for him. If you're doing this you've lost faith in the coach. Why are you going to hold onto a coach you don't have faith in when there's other candidate with proven success rates like Cowher, Gruden, Holmgren, and Lovie who would probably be interested if given more control. Again another idiotic move by our gracious GM.
    I agree with most of your post. I would love it if JJ took a back seat. Your last paragraph is spot on about the coaching.
    I still think people are hard on him though. How many owner-gm combos would you prefer over the last 25 years?
    Here are are some franchises that I think are way worse.

Raiders
    Browns
    Lions
    Jacksonville
    Arizona
    Carolina
    St.Louis
    Chiefs

That 25 percent right of the top thats worse then Jerry in my opinion. There are a lot of other teams that could be on the list that been worse then Jerry.
    Jerry the owner like it or not has 3 super bowls. Sure Jimmy deserves the glory for that but who hired him?
    Don't get me wrong. I want Jerry out of there. The cowboys can't seem to draft beyond the 3rd round and lack focus and direction. I still think Jerry gets more criticism then he deserves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElCuloLoco View Post
    OMFG!!! RAWZ IF I SEE YOU POST THE WORD "HAS" FOR THE WORD "AS" ONE MORE TIME IM GOING TO RIP MY EYES OUT AND BASH THEM INTO THE KEYBOARD!!!!!!! lol I'm sorry but I'm ocd about that kinda stuff. No disrespect but pleeeeease for the love of my eyes and sanity STOP! lol. AS much AS it probably seems like I'm being an a hole I promise I'm not. AS long AS he HAS been in here I can't believe I'm the first to say sometng. Cause I know I've read the mistake at LEAST over thousand times. It's to the point where is soon as I see your name posting I automatically look for it. Lol. Sorry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9_kahA_wQo

sigh....

vCash
    rawz, that was hilarious, couldn't stop laughing!!

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    rawz, that was hilarious, couldn't stop laughing!!
    thanks man, appreciate it. i thought it was funny to.

i hate it when people start nit picking grammar, or start going over spelling mistakes, etc. lol..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post

I hate it when people start nit picking grammar, or start going over spelling mistakes, etc. lol..
    seriously spell as you wish ......there are guys in other forums that their spelling is so bad.....but like you said who cares we all make grammar mistakes ridiculous

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post

i hate it when people start nit picking grammar, or start going over spelling mistakes, etc. lol..
    I understand and agree. Truth be told he was very polite about it, but none-the-less perfect spelling isn't a huge requirement in this kind of setting.

Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    seriously spell as you wish ......there are guys in other forums that their spelling is so bad.....but like you said who cares we all make grammar mistakes ridiculous
    That's the truth! BTW Glad to see another Yankees-Cowboys combo!!

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Please forgive my late reply to this thread, but I've been without a PC for the last several days.

IMO, the Dallas Cowboys don't have the right players to run the Tampa 2. It's going to take them at least two years to get the right players in place to run it effectively.

And, I predict that in 2013 or 2014, Jon Gruden will become the next Dallas Cowboys head coach.

vCash
    Cowboys allowing ST Coach Joe Decamillis to leave for Chicago

http://espn.go.com/dallas/conversati...-chicago-bears

vCash
    So, Chip Kelly to the Eagles, guess that ensures two losses right? Because Kiffin couldn't do a thing to stop Oregon....

vCash
    I understand and agree. Truth be told he was very polite about it, but none-the-less perfect spelling isn't a huge requirement in this kind of setting.

I've been a Cowboys fan since the late 70's........whats your perspective on this whole Garrett situation , do you think they're trying to push him out ? I really hope so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 6cadi6 View Post
    So, Chip Kelly to the Eagles, guess that ensures two losses right? Because Kiffin couldn't do a thing to stop Oregon....
    but he doesnt coach D and watch Vick if he stays can stay healthy in his offense

vCash

hey look at this quote someone has been looking for you in the Yankee forum

"Sauron has just been chomping at the bit to ask:

Does anybody know where these guys have been of late?

Krixsong
    Skierdude
    thedon1
    jmaest
    Shinobinyc
    owl

funny huh you should make a visit

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast