Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I personally like the D-Line in a 4-3 and isn't a liability for us anymore.
    Ware-Ratlif/Hatcher-Lissemore/Spears-(Spencer) or draft

Carter-Lee-(Sims/Albright)

Clairborne-Carr-Johnson-Church or (Landry/Reed)
    I doubt Church would be any good though coming off this injury
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I also hope people saw Matt Ryan finally get the monkey off his back and win his first playoff game. Matt Ryan came within a hair of losing his first 4 big games and now he has a chance to win a super bowl and become the myth that is clutch.
    True, but in regards to Romo he's already won his 1st playoff game. Not sure if you were trying to imply that the same theory applies to Romo or not.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    i dont know.. it might be nice to have lee and carter both on the outside.

carter/whoever/lee

both are superstars, IMO..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    i love how the blame falls on the coordinators yet Garrett is the head coach. How can you blame a coordinator if he's hired and or approved by the head coach? Shouldn't the coach catch the heat for his employees?
    im not sure garrett is the one hiring the coordinators..
    it sounded to me like jerry hired ryan.

vCash
    If we were running a cover 2 I would agree with Lee on the outside but we will be running a Tampa 2 that will require the MLB to be every where at once as well as cover. I would only trust that job to Lee unless we sign some stud in the offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacowboysfan View Post
    If we were running a cover 2 I would agree with Lee on the outside but we will be running a Tampa 2 that will require the MLB to be every where at once as well as cover. I would only trust that job to Lee unless we sign some stud in the offseason.

yeah, nobody will be better then lee....

i dont care who we signed.

im not real familier with the tampa 2.. only thing i really want is our corners to be in press, man coverage.

you dont spend a high 1st round pick on a corner to sit in zone..

but, im all for putting lee in the middle then.. just want to maximize talent.

vCash
    either way who's to blame?

"

vCash
    either way who's to blame?
    imo, jerry jones.

( i cant argue this with you, cause you will crush me at this point, cause the facts point to what your saying, i admit that.. this is just my personal opinion based on what i believe, and i have to say, its just personal opinion.)

so here it is.

i love jerry the gm. i like his drafting, his signing free agents, his making deals, the way he can negationate, resign players, etc. i feel like we dont ever have to worry about losing a true superstar. i know jerry wants a deion sanders, or a whoever bad enough, no team will be able to out bid, or out negatiote him

so, i love jerry the gm..

HOWEVER...

i hate jerry the coach.

i think he severely oversteps his boundries.. and that lies the problem. people can go over garretts head. jerry hires the assistants. he doesnt let garrett do what any coach should be allowed to do.

should be a closed door policy. if garrett wants to cut felix, then garrett should have that authority. if garrett or whoever wants to fine players for being late for practice, then he needs to have that authority.

if garrett wants closed locker room, then jerry needs to stay out...

i think if jerry stayed, strictly gm... and let the coaches coach, and handle it.. then it be much much better... let jerry do whatever he wants. feb. to august...

then give garrett total reign or whoever is the coach, from start of season, to end of superbowl.

more like a jerry bill parcells relationship.. were parcells had a lot more power, but you know jerry was still the final say...

( not all like that, i think even still, jerry should have given still a little more power to parcells)

again, i cant argue that point to you, cause, the bottom line is, we havent won a championship, or progressed in a way that i can say, hey, look proof...

but you can do the opposite...

so,

thats just my opinion any ways.

vCash
    Well you know we're going to disagree my friend, but to begin i'd like to know why you favor Jones as the GM more specifically because going along with your reasons, as in a general sense, Jerry has made some very critical mistakes in his "drafting and signing" resume.

Drafting
    Example #1 - 2008 NFL draft when he drafted Felix Jones because he missed out on McFadden. Not a terrible move, yet he passed on Chris Johnson, Matt Forte, Ray Rice, Mendenhall, and Jamaal Charles and those are just Running Backs.

Example #2 - didn't have a 2000 1st round draft pick that Seattle used to get Alexander.

Example #3 - Even during the years of Parcells there are many questions about draft choices that happened under Jerry's tenure.

Example #4 - in the 2007 draft one could argue had Dallas traded up 1 single spot in the first round they could have taken Jon Beason instead of Anthony Spencer. Or they could have reached for Eric Weddle, Ben Grubbs, Woodley, Rice, but they didn't have a 2nd and 5th round draft pick to trade.

I know I'm only cherry picking certain negatives, but my debate is against Jerry's GM abilities. However, i could go on for days with negatives in the drafting department of Jerry Jones and I'm not the only critic. There's plenty more on this website, other sites, and professional analysts.

My point is that in terms of drafting there's plenty of question marks in Jerry's choices. From players he chooses to how and why he chooses them without forgetting that he doesn't put himself and his team in the proper position to draft correctly. He goes after Jones the back up of Mcfadden because he couldn't get mcfadden. Ironically he loved them both, could it be because they played for his alma mater? That sort of thinking allowed him to miss out on better backs. That's only one small example of poor judgment. Ask yourself this, how can so many other teams make wise drafts year in an year out and Jones can't? The Ravens, Patriots, Steelers are just a few who get at least 60% of their draft to elevate their team. One thing to remember is those 3 teams over the last decade have drafted relatively late in the draft while Dallas has drafted either high or middle of the road. Just draft positioning along should give Jerry a better edge.

Free Agents

1. We kept Spencer at his tag value where we could have used his money + the contract of Berny and or Livings to yield Grubbs or Nicks. We could have promoted Butler or made a play for Jarrett Johnson. Ironically we probably won't keep spencer in free agency so what was the point of wasting that salary if we weren't planning on keeping him long term? We wasted an opportunity to invest that money into a player like Grubbs or Nicks who would have been here long term.

2. I could find more examples where question marks float around on the reasons why, but do i really need to?

3. you and i agree on the character of the players, yet Jones has had his fair share of signing character flawed players. How can you favor Jones when his past shows he favors exactly the opposite kind of player you favor?

Bottom line is a GM and or owner is evaluated on their success, I know you understand this. Now each person had a different definition for "success", but in the world of sports it's clearly defined by post season success either in appearances, wins, or both. Any other GM would have been fired and plenty have. Jerry has clearly fallen short and you've shown this, hence why i want to know more detail on your reasoning because i could be overlooking something due to my dislike of Jones.

IMO there's 3 areas people believe Jones controls.

1. Owner
    2. GM
    3. Coach

1A: - Owner [He's done a fantastic job at raising the value and profitability of the Cowboys]

1B: - GM [He's done a very poor job at creating a championship contender, the proof is in the record]

1C: - Coach [He's done a poor job of clouding the player's perspective of who's in charge and overstepping into the realm of on the field management]

*You did allude to Jerry being a good GM, but said he does overstep when it comes to coaching duties. Well doing this means you're not doing a good job as a GM. It's the GM/Owner who's the one that oversteps. Case in point - Wanting Garrett to give up play calling and taking it upon himself to hire Kiffin as the DC on Garrett's staff.

You don't hire a coach and then hire his staff for him. If you're doing this you've lost faith in the coach. Why are you going to hold onto a coach you don't have faith in when there's other candidate with proven success rates like Cowher, Gruden, Holmgren, and Lovie who would probably be interested if given more control. Again another idiotic move by our gracious GM.
    Last edited by thedon01; 01-14-2013 at 02:22 PM.

"

vCash
    Well you know we're going to disagree my friend, but to begin i'd like to know why you favor Jones as the GM more specifically because going along with your reasons, as in a general sense, Jerry has made some very critical mistakes in his "drafting and signing" resume.

Drafting
    Example #1 - 2008 NFL draft when he drafted Felix Jones because he missed out on McFadden. Not a terrible move, yet he passed on Chris Johnson, Matt Forte, Ray Rice, Mendenhall, and Jamaal Charles and those are just Running Backs.

Example #2 - didn't have a 2000 1st round draft pick that Seattle used to get Alexander.

Example #3 - Even during the years of Parcells there are many questions about draft choices that happened under Jerry's tenure.

Example #4 - in the 2007 draft one could argue had Dallas traded up 1 single spot in the first round they could have taken Jon Beason instead of Anthony Spencer. Or they could have reached for Eric Weddle, Ben Grubbs, Woodley, Rice, but they didn't have a 2nd and 5th round draft pick to trade.

I know I'm only cherry picking certain negatives, but my debate is against Jerry's GM abilities. However, i could go on for days with negatives in the drafting department of Jerry Jones and I'm not the only critic. There's plenty more on this website, other sites, and professional analysts.

My point is that in terms of drafting there's plenty of question marks in Jerry's choices. From players he chooses to how and why he chooses them without forgetting that he doesn't put himself and his team in the proper position to draft correctly. He goes after Jones the back up of Mcfadden because he couldn't get mcfadden. Ironically he loved them both, could it be because they played for his alma mater? That sort of thinking allowed him to miss out on better backs. That's only one small example of poor judgment. Ask yourself this, how can so many other teams make wise drafts year in an year out and Jones can't? The Ravens, Patriots, Steelers are just a few who get at least 60% of their draft to elevate their team. One thing to remember is those 3 teams over the last decade have drafted relatively late in the draft while Dallas has drafted either high or middle of the road. Just draft positioning along should give Jerry a better edge.

Free Agents

1. We kept Spencer at his tag value where we could have used his money + the contract of Berny and or Livings to yield Grubbs or Nicks. We could have promoted Butler or made a play for Jarrett Johnson. Ironically we probably won't keep spencer in free agency so what was the point of wasting that salary if we weren't planning on keeping him long term? We wasted an opportunity to invest that money into a player like Grubbs or Nicks who would have been here long term.

2. I could find more examples where question marks float around on the reasons why, but do i really need to?

3. you and i agree on the character of the players, yet Jones has had his fair share of signing character flawed players. How can you favor Jones when his past shows he favors exactly the opposite kind of player you favor?

Bottom line is a GM and or owner is evaluated on their success, I know you understand this. Now each person had a different definition for "success", but in the world of sports it's clearly defined by post season success either in appearances, wins, or both. Any other GM would have been fired and plenty have. Jerry has clearly fallen short and you've shown this, hence why i want to know more detail on your reasoning because i could be overlooking something due to my dislike of Jones.

1. Owner
    2. GM
    3. Coach

1A: - Owner [He's done a fantastic job at raising the value and profitability of the Cowboys]

1B: - GM [He's done a very poor job at creating a championship contender, the proof is in the record]

1C: - Coach [He's done a poor job of clouding the player's perspective of who's in charge and overstepping into the realm of on the field management]

*You did allude to Jerry being a good GM, but said he does overstep when it comes to coaching duties. Well doing this means you're not doing a good job as a GM. It's the GM/Owner who's the one that oversteps. Case in point - Wanting Garrett to give up play calling and taking it upon himself to hire Kiffin as the DC on Garrett's staff.

You don't hire a coach and then hire his staff for him. If you're doing this you've lost faith in the coach. Why are you going to hold onto a coach you don't have faith in when there's other candidate with proven success rates like Cowher, Gruden, Holmgren, and Lovie who would probably be interested if given more control. Again another idiotic move by our gracious GM.
    Spot on except (in my humble opinion) Jerry being the good owner. Any good owner would not have let this GM be employed for so long with such dismissal results. Good owners bring in good GMs. Whenever the GM falters, out the door he goes...........except here in Dallas aka the new Texan version of Al Davis Raiders (God rest his soul)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by astros1981 View Post
    We need a run game to set up play action and if our guards can't move their behinds to execute a screen why did we pay for their services?
    Actually you dont need that to win in the modern NFL. Go to AdvancedNFLstats.com and read why most Superbowls in the past 15 years have been one by big play pass oriented offensive teams. Some more stats for you: Offense is about twice as important as Defense in the modern NFL and passing efficiency is much more correlated to winning than running efficiency. Hate to burst your football cliche mindset. A more practical matter regarding your assertion: The Cowboys couldnt run. When they tried they sucked. Why keep hitting your head against a wall. They would have been better off running the no huddle 5 spread out New England pass package - always.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacowboysfan View Post
    You have to run the ball to set up the pass. Not cliche but fact. The math says the 3 team that pass the ball the most did not make the post season to include the Saints. The math also show the teams that pass the ball the most throw the most INTs. I bet those team throw the more INTs to LBs then any other teams.
    Wrong wrong wrong... But i am not going to debate ad nauseum here. Study the stats.. You dont need to run to set up the pass. Teams run far too often of 1st down. Passing on first down actually yields more success than running. A first and 10 gives you greater possibility of scoring than a 2nd and 7 which is what you average in the NFL if you run on 1st down. Go to advancedNFLstats.com and read the detailed analysis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fireeater42 View Post
    Spot on except (in my humble opinion) Jerry being the good owner. Any good owner would not have let this GM be employed for so long with such dismissal results. Good owners bring in good GMs. Whenever the GM falters, out the door he goes...........except here in Dallas aka the new Texan version of Al Davis Raiders (God rest his soul)
    very true, good point

"

vCash
    dick labaeu is like 75...

kiffin is old, but man does he have some good experience. im getting more and more excited with this pick up.

and this guy can invent, and re-invent a defense. we wont be running the exact same tampa 2 has he had before..

will be playing more press coverage, etc.

anyone that has coached has long has him, and had the success he had, i welcome to our franchise.

vCash

Drafting

Free Agents

1. Owner
    2. GM
    3. Coach

let's give a round of appluase for the don01 and his signature!

great run down and you nailed every point....Jerry the owner is the greatest in sports...him sticking his nose in any other area concerning football (in genreal) is an epic failure...Jerry has got to realize that his method has not and will not produce the reuslt he supposedly desire (i'm actually beginnig to think that winning is not his first goal anymore)
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast