Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    As long as Kiffin is flexible in molding his philosophy with the strength of talent. Our strengths are: Ware, Lee & Carter. Carr, Caliborne and Spencer are solid. As far as age, the fact that Kiffin is 72 might mean he sticks around for a while (and not get antsy for another job) as long as he doesn't you know or get senile.

vCash
    I usually don't like reading articles from Bleacher Report, but this guy has a very good point. M. Kiffin has a really impressive resume.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...owboys-defense

vCash
    So it's been confirmed that he will still let Carr and Claiborne play press coverage, and not play in the Tampa 2? If so I'm not thaaaaat mad about this.

We should just throw this season, and then draft Javadeon Clowney #1 next year. Imagine Ware and Clowney at DE

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash
    Kiffin's resume is impressive. I'm more concerned about the guys starting over again and learning a whole new system. Now, is there a 72 Kiffin type for our HC and OC positions?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY3487 View Post
    So it's been confirmed that he will still let Carr and Claiborne play press coverage, and not play in the Tampa 2? If so I'm not thaaaaat mad about this.

We should just throw this season, and then draft Javadeon Clowney #1 next year. Imagine Ware and Clowney at DE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Kiffin's resume is impressive. I'm more concerned about the guys starting over again and learning a whole new system. Now, is there a 72 Kiffin type for our HC and OC positions?
    Jimmy Johnson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Romo2Austin View Post
    So right now it looks like..

Defensive Ends: Ware(RE) - Ratliff(DT) - Hatcher(DT) - Crawford(LE?)
    Linebackers: Carter(WLB) - Lee(MLB) Sims(SLB?)
    Secondary: Carr(CB) - Claiborne(CB) - Sensabaugh(FS?) - Chruch(SS)

I'm expecting Spencer to leave now. Right now we need to sign/draft a defensive end, linebacker, and safety. We need to add more than just one impact defensive end, I want us to have a really deep rotation. Also can look at the possibly of signing Osi and still draft a defensive line in the 1st two rounds.
    I agree with your starting D except I think that if Lissemore lost a few pounds to have his as the starting LE over Crawford with Crawford rotating in.

"God knows that I'm not a saint, but I am a Dallas Cowboy." -Rayfield Wright

vCash
    Crawford isn't the answer.

vCash
    Ware will be fine at DE and won't have to drop into coverage. His sack total might actually increase which is crazy. Earl offs career will gain some longevity now that he's not taking a beating in the 3-4. Lissemore as the other DT. Spencer or Crawford as the other End. Possibly draft a guy if they lose spencer. Carter, Lee and possibly Albright. Lee and Carter can use their playmaking and speed with the front four handling the o- line. The corners can be more aggressive. My only issue is at Safety.

vCash
    This defense is perfect for the problems they've had. Lack of pressure up front and no turnovers. The Tampa 2 allows players to use their speed to make plays. I think this is a good move.

vCash
    If spencer leaves. I say we go after Osi and also Kenny Phillips. As long as no one offers Osi a huge contract i think thats a possibility, and kenny battled injuries last year and stevie brown picked off 8 passes, so we may be able to still phillips from them and he is still pretty young.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY3487 View Post

they'll try harder this season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDFan85 View Post
    I was hoping he might be able to bring in Derrick Brooks
    I agree, Derrick Brooks would be great for the LBs!

vCash
    I wil judge this move when I see how it works. But I don't think it will be difficult for our front 7 to switch to a 4-3. In fact I think it will help Ratliff and Hatcher and Lee and Carter have the speed and athleticism to play in this scheme. Ware will still be 1 of the best pass rushers in the league. It looks like this Spencer will be leaving but we still have our 3rd rd. pick from last year Crawford who would be a good fit at LDE. We should still draft a DL in the draft and get 1 in FA (Osi). You can never have too many DL in a 4-3 (remember the early to mid 90's). Let Sims and Albright battle it out for the SLB and get 1 in the draft or FA. I just hope he keeps his word about letting Carr and Claibourne play their games. The 1 thing that worries me is FS. Church will be fine. I like Sensi but I don't think this scheme fits him. This makes FS big need in the draft. Not as big OG or RT. If one of the OG's from Alabama or NC is there at 18 we need to take 1 of them or the best RT available.

Now that we have a DC what about an OC? I read this article and I'm liking the idea of bringing in Pete Carmicheal Jr. from NO.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...ffensive-plays
    Last edited by C-Mac; 01-11-2013 at 08:21 PM.

vCash
    DO you guys remember how great Sims was playing the Tampa 2 when he first got to Detroit? If he can give us that production or 75% of it whoooooooooo
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast