Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Eh, I don't know about this. Kiffin is a great coach and all, but I just don't know if he's the right fit here. I wonder how this will affect Claiborne's progression as a corner, he's a very good man to man corner and I think can be a shut down CB with the way he's played but doesn't the Tampa 2 defense implement a lot of zone coverage for CBs?

vCash
    Uggggghhhhhhhhhhh....

vCash
    I honestly do not know what Jerry's doing. He hires an inexperienced young head coach. Hires a 72 year old defensive coordinator. Kiffin's nice, but his style of defense is completely different and you would have Ware out of his comfort zone, not to mention our defense will have to learn a whole new scheme once again and look like a bunch of lost rabbits the way they did a few years ago. Not only does Jerry not bring in the right talent at times, the turnover he creates has these personnel out of their comfort zone learning new schemes. Can we just take the team away from Jerry the way they did the Dodgers owner?

vCash
    If he is hired say bye bye to spencer

vCash
    Kiffin was a good dc in tampa, but I don't think we have the personnel for the tampa 2 . We don't have the d-line for the 4-3.

It's going to be like starting over for this defense. We don't need that. Going back to the 4-3 takes away from our strength at linebacker. Who are our def. tackles going to be? What do we do at safety fo the tampa 2? I would probably go with Horton if it were my choice. He's young, we stay with the 3-4 and he's homegrown after playing for the boys.

Lovie would be nice but even if he did land in big D as our DC, it would only be a 1yr. rental. I would take singletary before kiffin, I think he would be a little more motivational, as long as he kept his pants around his waist.

vCash
    Just keep the 3-4 scheme. And upgrade the defensive line... is it really that hard?

vCash
    Clarence Hill Twitter
    Per a source, if Kiffen comes to Dallas..he will not force cover 2 scheme in secondary..will let Carr and Claiborne do what they do best
    Kiffen talked to Garrett and Jones at Valley Ranch today, believes Dware can play end. Whats true is you won't see him in coverage anymore
    Cowboys believe in Kiffen's NFL track record not his struggles in the college game..two different games.

vCash

Kiffin as the new DC

Age isn't a factor. LeBeau is 76 if I'm not mistaken. Do we have personnel for 4-3 now? No. By training camp? Yes. Signing Price will help provide depth to our line and Ratliff will best suited in this scheme. I don't see Dallas cutting him. I can see them trying to get him to restructure. Whether we're a 4-3 or a 3-4 we need to get a plugger in the middle of our DLine and were still unproven at our safety position. We still need to address those 2 spots no matter what scheme we go with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DAL*CWB View Post
    Horton is going to get HC gig, if he doesn't the cardinals aren't letting him leave, remember they're only obligated to release you if you are getting a promotion. If Lovie doesn't get a HC job he'll probably take a year off instead of being a DC.
    What if we hired Horton to be the DC/Assistant Head Coach? haha

That's just mean.

I listen to sports radio in AZ, and they're convinced Horton has the HC job anyway.

vCash
    There's no way around it. This jus isn't a very good idea.

vCash
    I'ma die hard Cowboys fan, no question, but I swear, it becomes harder and harder to defend these bone head moves

vCash
    I can't see Jones bringing in a DC that would be someone that the media could hype as a replacement for Garrett if he continues to screw up...Kiffin fits the mold of someone that you don't move into a HC position because of his age...

...that being said, he wouldn't be my first choice

vCash
    Clarence Hill

Per a source, Jerry has expressed an interest in getting back to the fundamentals. They don't get more technique oriented than Monte
    Last time Kiffen coached Bucs in 2008. his D had 22 INT"s and 29 sacks. Allowed 20.2 points a game. Only allowed 3 300+ yard passers..
    Derrick Brooks: Monte Kiffin is motivated to "earn his reputation back"
    http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...tion-back.html

vCash
    ^I like the Derrick Brooks quote the most

vCash
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...owboys-defense

Fox Sports Southwest confirms the Cowboys are "close" to hiring Monte Kiffin as defensive coordinator.

Kiffin spent the day at Valley Ranch, meeting with owner Jerry Jones and staff. The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports the Tampa 2 master will not force his cover 2 scheme on press corners Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne. According to ex-Bucs LB Derrick Brooks, Kiffin "wants to earn his reputation back" after his Tampa defense fell apart once he announced he was leaving back in 2008. "I know that bothers him," said Brooks. "He is motivated in that sense."

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast