Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Madden: "Allen wasn't playing with a full deck"

I hung out with former Raiders coach John Madden today at his man cave in Pleasanton, and the Hall of Famer said Raiders coach Dennis Allen was “playing without a full deck” this season.

Oakland finished 4-12 in Allen’s first year on the job.

“He’s got a ways to go,” Madden said. “He was playing the game without a full deck. To be honest, they don’t have enough players. The cupboard was pretty bare. It would have been tough to do much more than what they did.

“If he’s going to do well, they gotta get a lot more … some teams need a quarterback or a running back, or a pass rusher … The Raiders need a whole barrel of guys.”

Madden watches games in his man cave every Sunday, and a fan will get to see the 16 feet by 9 feet big screen (and eight other TVs) and take a ride on his Cruiser, as part of Visa’s NFL Fan Offers program. Here is the commercial.

I played in the Madden13 media tourney and rode Eli Manning to the title. Who’s got next?

Posted By: Vic Tafur ( Email , Twitter ) | Jan 15 at 3:47 pm

vCash
    gotta love Madden & I agree but he better win 8 games next year.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    I have been saying this all season long.

vCash
    I agree wholeheartedly.

vCash
    John Madden was stating what we who have supported DA knew. Now, there have been times where I wanted DA gone, but only for Jon Gruden, but given the same ammo that other teams have, I think he will be waaaay more than an adequate HC. When you have to change a culture all the way from top to bottom, it takes time. It's not like an "easy bake oven", where you mix the ingredients, pour, bake, and 20 minutes later, voila, cookies. Things like this we have to be patient with.

vCash
    Read the title, thought this was going to be about Marcus Allen and how he went like crazy or something lol
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    John Madden was stating what we who have supported DA knew. Now, there have been times where I wanted DA gone, but only for Jon Gruden, but given the same ammo that other teams have, I think he will be waaaay more than an adequate HC. When you have to change a culture all the way from top to bottom, it takes time. It's not like an "easy bake oven", where you mix the ingredients, pour, bake, and 20 minutes later, voila, cookies. Things like this we have to be patient with.
    DA is unproven. There is no way you can say he is more than adequate. Remember he hired Knapp! Questions my trust in his philosophy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    Read the title, thought this was going to be about Marcus Allen and how he went like crazy or something lol
    Me too

vCash
    I always thought Madden's advice made Mark Davis rush Reggie McKenzie into office.

I guess you can't say otherwise when you go from 8-8, 8-8 to 4-12, huh?

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    No offense to madden but anyone who wasnt blind could see that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    Now, there have been times where I wanted DA gone, but only for Jon Gruden,
    I agree. DA is young and looks like a good coach. Gruden set the bar high being the only coach to pull us out of the gutter since Art Shell in 89. Allen is the first defensive minded coach since John Madden and I like the hire, but it makes the OC that much more important and that's what we've been missing. I know some like Saunders, Trestman just got hired as Chicago's HC, Norv probably won't return... Mike Martz is a must. Say what you will about him, he's got a Super Bowl win under his belt. We don't have the personel, at this time, to run a Martz offense but if we hire Martz, then it's on RM to get us the guys. McFadden is Marshall-esque, but we need more stability at the RB position. He's just not durable enough. Trade McFadden and start building this team the correct way.

vCash
    We all know the Raiders lack talent,but going from 8-8 to 4-12 is still incredibly frustrating.I didn't see that coming, I predicted 6-10,damn, that was optimistic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    Ha ha... same here!
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    DA sure has a knack for getting all kinds of people to make excuses for him. Now a HOFer is even doing it. I want wins instead of reasons.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Oakland has been loaded with excuses for years, one after another. Down the road when and if this team starts to win footballs games, the entire community here will have to be reprogrammed.

for example: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! was that a great game or what?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast