Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Yankees, Gmen, Nets
    Posts
    546
    vCash
    1500
    Sauron I didn't call you a fool, I said the action to put an emphatic NO just to get attention was foolish.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Yankees, Gmen, Nets
    Posts
    546
    vCash
    1500
    We need to make the playoffs before we worry about what happens there. I'd take Hafner as a DH and hope he stays healthy.

    People still don't realize how much power this team lost with Swisher, Martin, Arod, Ibanez, Chavez, and Jones all gone.

    Manufacturing runs is a great way to win, but I also don't think the long ball is bad. We need more power.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    909
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Make no mistake, Cano is a talented guy with a high ceiling.

    Cano however has consistently demonstrated a galling lack of focus and hustle in his approach and in his play. He was even called out for it by ARod a couple of years ago and made some improvements as a result.

    Cano's cost going forward is where you and I disagree on his worth.

    Unless a curve ball f epic proportions hits the negotiating table, he's goingto seek and will be in line to command a historical payday come the end ofthis year. If he re-ups with us before then someone is sure to be on the losing end for the amounts that will have to be bandied about to make that occur.

    Cano has never once demonstrated any semblance of anything even remotely resembling leadership and appears quite lazy, to boot.

    I don't hate him but I don't respect whe his future lies either.

    We could be very well staring down an extremely lengthy contract three years in with very serious payroll implications going forward for more of the same. Cano will not produce anything more than he has.

    I do not hate Robinson Cano.

    Nowehere near the utter contempt and disrespect I hold for Nick Johnson.
    Agreed that he's very talented, but we've already seen his ceiling. He's in his prime right now. Not getting younger or better from here on.

    He likely won't deserve the contract he gets from the Yankees or any other team that bids on him, and I've been making the case that we should probably trade him for some young, major league-ready talent. However, on the other side of the coin, I won't be upset if we end up overpaying a bit and keep him in pinstripes until he's 36 or 37, when he'll obviously be on the decline, but still likely a top 10 2B because the position is rather shallow.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    3,420
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ohbilly2134 View Post
    Agreed that he's very talented, but we've already seen his ceiling. He's in his prime right now. Not getting younger or better from here on.

    He likely won't deserve the contract he gets from the Yankees or any other team that bids on him, and I've been making the case that we should probably trade him for some young, major league-ready talent. However, on the other side of the coin, I won't be upset if we end up overpaying a bit and keep him in pinstripes until he's 36 or 37, when he'll obviously be on the decline, but still likely a top 10 2B because the position is rather shallow.
    As you've stated, we've gotten our best years out of him so any sort of reup IMO is just going to result in an escalation of diminishing returns contractually.


    And so, a new era begins.....

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    3,420
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    Sauron I didn't call you a fool, I said the action to put an emphatic NO just to get attention was foolish.
    Not to get attention.

    To drive the point really high and hard home that I want no part of Pronk. I understand your arguements to get him based on what we lost but IMO Hafner is just too much of a non entity at this point to warrent a signing.


    And so, a new era begins.....

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    385
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Make no mistake, Cano is a talented guy with a high ceiling.

    Cano however has consistently demonstrated a galling lack of focus and hustle in his approach and in his play. He was even called out for it by ARod a couple of years ago and made some improvements as a result.

    Cano's cost going forward is where you and I disagree on his worth.

    Unless a curve ball f epic proportions hits the negotiating table, he's goingto seek and will be in line to command a historical payday come the end ofthis year. If he re-ups with us before then someone is sure to be on the losing end for the amounts that will have to be bandied about to make that occur.

    Cano has never once demonstrated any semblance of anything even remotely resembling leadership and appears quite lazy, to boot.

    I don't hate him but I don't respect whe his future lies either.

    We could be very well staring down an extremely lengthy contract three years in with very serious payroll implications going forward for more of the same. Cano will not produce anything more than he has.

    I do not hate Robinson Cano.

    Nowehere near the utter contempt and disrespect I hold for Nick Johnson.
    I respect your view on Cano. This is getting scary, I'm starting to accept your points here.

    What is with the disdain for Nick Johnson? lol
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,268
    vCash
    1500
    Bob is an enigma. Could be .330-40-130

    But isn't.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Who's our opening day DH?
    might be jeter
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    No one.

    The Yankees have a need for an additional bat.

    Also, Arod might not even be back all season
    adding a bat is fine. adding a bat who can not paly the field is not. witht eh older guys we have, the DH spot should rotate not be nailed down.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Yankees, Gmen, Nets
    Posts
    546
    vCash
    1500
    Yankees could be closing in on a deal for Travis Hafner Rob Bradford of WEEI reports.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •