Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    Earlier this year people compared this defense to the 85 Bears I am not saying it was any Bears fans or you. I also am not saying this D is as good as the 2000 ravens im just saying it came up. 2005 Steelers offense was essentially a worse version of the 2006 Bears offense IMO.
    So what you're essentially saying is that you need a historically good defense if you want to drag along an inept offense. Got it.

And btw, the Steelers were 9th in points scored in 2005, so no they weren't "essentially a worse version of the 2006 Bears".

vCash
    Earlier this year people compared this defense to the 85 Bears I am not saying it was any Bears fans or you. I also am not saying this D is as good as the 2000 ravens im just saying it came up. 2005 Steelers offense was essentially a worse version of the 2006 Bears offense IMO.
    Well anyone who believed that is a moron. As good as the Bears D was this year, they were not one of the greatest of all time. A lot of it was media hype anyway.

I disagree that the Steelers offense was worse. Roethlisberger is leagues ahead of Rex Grossman. That's the difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    With Martz, the Bears ranked 30th and 24th in total offense. Not to mention nearly got Cutler killed. That wasn't a good offense.
    Prior to Cutler going down in year 2 of a difficult playbook to grasp they were 5th in the league in scoring.

SWIGGITY SWOOTY, I'M COMIN FOR THAT BOOTY!

vCash
    Championship?

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Found this to share with those saying CFL clown. The good news is a couple of these guys had great success after making the switch from CFL to the NFL. The bad news is both took their NFL teams to 4 SB's, but never won.

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/201...es-in-the-nfl/

vCash
    Rookie year Big Ben was a game manager you can ask any Steeler fan they ground and pounded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    So what you're essentially saying is that you need a historically good defense if you want to drag along an inept offense. Got it.

And btw, the Steelers were 9th in points scored in 2005, so no they weren't "essentially a worse version of the 2006 Bears".
    Reading is a skill my friend

Steelers 2005 PPG 24.9
    Bears 2006 PPG 26.7

vCash
    I'll name more if I have to. "Now you've seen it all" Your memory must be pretty spotty b/c during the 2011 season before Cutler went down we were 5th in the league in scoring offense... but thats not fire at all its ok just decent.
    No they weren't. It was total points, not offensive. But ok.

vCash
    Reading is a skill my friend

Steelers 2005 PPG 24.9
    Bears 2006 PPG 26.7
    Take your own advice. PPG accounts for all points scored, not offensive points scored. Friend.

Remember all those Devin touchdowns in 2006?

vCash
    No they weren't. It was total points, not offensive. But ok.
    Thats what I meant my apologies.

vCash
    Take your own advice. PPG accounts for all points scored, not offensive points scored. Friend.

Remember all those Devin touchdowns in 2006?
    You dont think the Steelers scored defensive touchdowns in 2005?

vCash
    Prior to Cutler going down in year 2 of a difficult playbook to grasp they were 5th in the league in scoring.
    And then they went on to miss the playoffs with one of the easiest schedules remaining. The excuses pile up for Lovie. The injury excuse doesn't work anymore. Every team has injuries. The fact that we could only manage to win one game out of those games was absolutely pathetic. And it goes back to the offense, yet again.

vCash
    And then they went on to miss the playoffs with one of the easiest schedules remaining. The excuses pile up for Lovie. The injury excuse doesn't work anymore. Every team has injuries. The fact that we could only manage to win one game out of those games was absolutely pathetic. And it goes back to the offense, yet again.
    Without our QB and RB... in one of the most complicated playbooks in the NFL... with our backup QB being Caleb Hanie...

vCash
    Without our QB and RB... in one of the most complicated playbooks in the NFL... with our backup QB being Caleb Hanie...
    Excuse..excuse..excuse.

What is it this year?

vCash
    Excuse..excuse..excuse.

What is it this year?
    I don't have an excuse for a team that blew 2 winnable games down the stretch (vikings, seattle). We overcame our injuries they were not as crippling as the year before arguably losing our 2 most valuable players.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast