Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Bears hire Marc Trestman as Head Coach

The Chicago Tribune reports the Bears have hired Montreal Alouettes coach Marc Trestman as their new head coach.
    Source: Brad Biggs on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...-headlines?r=1

Good hire, better choice than Arians IMO.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    @BradBiggs: An NFL source just told me #Bears will hire Marc Trestman as the next head coach.

vCash
    I think he's gonna help out Cutler a lot. I like this hire for da Bears.

vCash
    BONER. I ****ing love it.

vCash
    A CFL clown over Arians... I couldn't disagree more , hope you prove me wrong, if he does Ill be the first to admit it but I think we're destined for top 10 draft picks for many years.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    A CFL clown over Arians... I couldn't disagree more , hope you prove me wrong, if he does Ill be the first to admit it but I think we're destined for top 10 draft picks for many years.
    Trestman has a long history of working in the NFL. He'll be fine. If he fails, it won't be because he was coaching in the CFL.

vCash
    I'm sure you preferred consistently being a borderline playoff team all of this time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Trestman has a long history of working in the NFL. He'll be fine. If he fails, it won't be because he was coaching in the CFL.
    The whole being a CFL coach is the typical thought process for meathead fans. Unfortunately, I expect the same response from majority of Chicago fans.
    Last edited by kozelkid; 01-16-2013 at 02:18 AM.

vCash
    For the record I wanted Arians.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

vCash
    Boarderline playoff teams is better than what we are about to become. A dweller. A Lions (until recently, no offense fellas).

vCash
    Boarderline playoff teams is better than what we are about to become. A dweller. A Lions (until recently, no offense fellas).
    How do you figure? Missing the playoffs is missing the playoffs. Either you're a playoff team or not. That's it. Whether you're the last to not make it or the worst is completely, utterly irrelevant.

vCash
    I think this is a great hire for the Bears, and now it looks like BA will stay in Indy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    How do you figure? Missing the playoffs is missing the playoffs. Either you're a playoff team or not. That's it. Whether you're the last to not make it or the worst is completely, utterly irrelevant.
    Um I'd much rather be the Bears or Giants than the Jaguars there is a huge difference...

vCash
    Um I'd much rather be the Bears or Giants than the Jaguars there is a huge difference...
    And I'd much rather be the Patriots, Steelers, Niners, Packers, etc.

There is a far smaller gap between the Bears/Giants/Jaguars than the gap between the teams I just listed and the Bears/Giants.

In the end of the day, the Bears have been mediocre the last 6 years. If you're okay with that, more power to you. I want a a consistent playoff team like some of the teams I listed. Getting in the playoffs only 3 times in 9 years is actually no different than the Jags at that time who made it only one less or Titans or Panthers, etc.

vCash
    Lovie made the playoffs as many times as the Lions have in the last 6 seasons....I think it was time for him to go.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast