Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 77
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,913
    vCash
    1500

    Why I hate the political forum on PSD

    In every thread all I hear is Left vs Right mumbo jumbo. Why can't you both just agree that you are both wrong? that both the "left" and "right" believe in the same principles. If you believe in Liberty, freedom, and the U.S constitution that our founding fathers built this country on then you wouldn't be a Democrat or a Republican.


    If you believe in true "change" then we need to get back to basics because lobbying doesn't solve anything but prove that you both stand for the same thing


    good day
    [

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    7,735
    vCash
    1500
    This is ironic. You do realize you're one of the most right wing posters in here, right?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    They won't tell me
    Posts
    3,733
    vCash
    1500
    There are alot of people on this forum, who slams both parties and the government. I think it half root for their party and the other half throw up their hands in disgust with the two parties being different sides on the same coin.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,913
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    This is ironic. You do realize you're one of the most right wing posters in here, right?
    some "right wing" views coincide with libertarian views and that is due to being constitutional and pro liberty
    [

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,391
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    There are alot of people on this forum, who slams both parties and the government. I think it half root for their party and the other half throw up their hands in disgust with the two parties being different sides on the same coin.
    I'm here. I feel as though neither party really gives a **** about the regular person. Both are big government parties who only slightly differ on how to use government. I honestly don't see an option for myself, seeing as though im fiscally conservative but socially liberal, for the most part.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,047
    vCash
    1500
    well if we are all wrong, who has it right? Who is our saving person and or group


    Please say Ron Paul please say Ron Paul


    Buying gold!
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    7,366
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    well if we are all wrong, who has it right? Who is our saving person and or group


    Please say Ron Paul please say Ron Paul


    Buying gold!
    like +1

    This idea if you believe in liberty justice and the Constitution you wouldn't be left or right, dem or GOP is silly. This idea that constitution is this unflawed document is silly. The idea that the founding fathers were somehow wiser then people today is also silly. The democrats and republicans have gotten away from what made the founding fathers kind of special... and it's not infalibility, a greater care for their fellow man, a love of God, or magical white wigs... it's an ability to compromise on core issues to get **** done. An understanding that one must deal with imperfection as one sees it because 2 slightly imperfect visions are going to represent the will of the people better than 1 perfect and one perfectly imperfect one.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    12,768
    vCash
    5471
    I believe both parties are corrupt. I think those that are hard core Dems or hard core Republicans are largely smart people who are too stubborn to admit that the vehicle they have chosen does not represent any worldview and is corrupt from the top down.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam/Maryland
    Posts
    786
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    In every thread all I hear is Left vs Right mumbo jumbo. Why can't you both just agree that you are both wrong? that both the "left" and "right" believe in the same principles. If you believe in Liberty, freedom, and the U.S constitution that our founding fathers built this country on then you wouldn't be a Democrat or a Republican.


    If you believe in true "change" then we need to get back to basics because lobbying doesn't solve anything but prove that you both stand for the same thing


    good day

    First of all, congratulations on the first post of yours that I have seen where your text even remotely approaches the length of your sig. Not every issue can be dealt with in one line.

    Define a difference between 'liberty' and 'freedom'. You demonstrate the point I just made in another topic - right wingers cannot accept any responsibility for the craziness of many of their positions without at the same time also blaming what they see as the 'left'.

    Yes, US politics on both sides are thoroughly corrupt and undemocratic. The entire system needs to be overhauled and modernized from top to bottom. Constantly referring back to the Constitution and to the presumed intentions of the founders is more typically right wing bull, and not the way forward in the 21st century.


    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    like +1

    This idea if you believe in liberty justice and the Constitution you wouldn't be left or right, dem or GOP is silly. This idea that constitution is this unflawed document is silly. The idea that the founding fathers were somehow wiser then people today is also silly. The democrats and republicans have gotten away from what made the founding fathers kind of special... and it's not infalibility, a greater care for their fellow man, a love of God, or magical white wigs... it's an ability to compromise on core issues to get **** done. An understanding that one must deal with imperfection as one sees it because 2 slightly imperfect visions are going to represent the will of the people better than 1 perfect and one perfectly imperfect one.
    I so agree with all you wrote here, but then you spoil it by supporting one of the biggest batshit crazies the US mainstream has ever seen. Paul makes sense on pot, and on withdrawing and reducing troops and defense spending. His other positions and ideas about modern government are....I keep struggling to find other ways of describing people like him, but in the end there is no other way....quite simply completely unrealistic, out of touch with reality, and batshit crazy.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    7,366
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    I so agree with all you wrote here, but then you spoil it by supporting one of the biggest batshit crazies the US mainstream has ever seen. Paul makes sense on pot, and on withdrawing and reducing troops and defense spending. His other positions and ideas about modern government are....I keep struggling to find other ways of describing people like him, but in the end there is no other way....quite simply completely unrealistic, out of touch with reality, and batshit crazy.
    What are you talking about? How the hell do you get I support Paul out of that? Paul is a constitution humper.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    38,222
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    well if we are all wrong, who has it right? Who is our saving person and or group


    Please say Ron Paul please say Ron Paul


    Buying gold!
    You win this thread.



    And it's physical silver, get it right!
    Visit my Blog.



    "Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,338
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    What are you talking about? How the hell do you get I support Paul out of that? Paul is a constitution humper.


    And not consistent even at that.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,047
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    You win this thread.



    And it's physical silver, get it right!
    When did this change, I missed the memo. No wonder my investments fell when I bought into the gold bubble, I was in the wrong arbitrary precious metal.




    Disclaimer---- my investments didn't fall because I have no position in gold anymore. Up till last Friday I was short gold.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,699
    vCash
    1500
    Okay, just my knee-jerk reaction:

    What the **** is pro-liberty? No one in their right mind would be anti-liberty in the conventional sense as it's understood by most people... it's like that "pro-life" label. Positive vs. negative liberty-- there we have a conversation.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,699
    vCash
    1500
    Also, it's a bit weird that you would say "Why can't you realize that you're just wrong?" and not at the same time realize why. Maybe it's because you supplied zero point of view or prescriptive political theory, and babbled about being Pro-Liberty (whatever the hell that means) and a Constitutionalist.

    Since the Constitution conveniently left out Blacks and Women, its writers can suck on my fat nuts as far as I'm concerned.

    But as gcoll has said before, the debates are essentially still Hamilton vs. Jefferson, just applied to different things and skewed now that we have a national media that's about as competent as my fat nuts when it comes to discussing and dissecting political viewpoints.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •