Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    yep, but they will probably face the thunder, clippers or spurs in the first round.
    I think the Lakers can beat the Spurs in the 1st round...Clippers is really questionable...

Thunder is something I would not want to see until Round 2 or 3 if they even get that far.

I have a thread I started in the Lakers Forum about Dwight getting 15+ shots a game...people seemed to think he did not and needed to concentrate on Defense only....Last two games support my theory...I think he was like 14-18 tonight with 31 points...and 9-11 against Cleveland..If they can start trending this and kobe staying under 20 shots they WILL be a different team..Lets see what happens against Miami. If he can place similar #'s against the Heat they need to roll with this formula.
    [/IMG]

vCash
    Drunk posting.

vCash
    It's going to be really hard for the Lakers Brass to admit defeat And waive the white flag after everything. I still think if they can put together one big win streak they can at least keep it interesting. That team has enough talent to rattle off 9 of 10 and just get close

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashby View Post
    I think you meant 27-19.....which is a .586 winning percentage for the remainder of the season. Very doable.
    I don't think you guys realize the average win total the last decade in the west is 47 or 48 wins for the 8 seed and the west is more stacked than last year and the year before right now in which teams had to win 48 and 49 to get in. So basically the Lakers need to go more like 32-19 or so the rest of the way which will be difficult.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 01-16-2013 at 03:52 AM.

vCash
    they would try to play this season as if they have a chance until the end of the season. since they have aging players who don't have much time.

you have to consider that a lot of things can happen in a season such as injuries or trades which would somehow change the scenario.

another thing to consider is that they've decided to stick with d'antoni whose system relies mainly on pg's playmaking so unless they get a quality playmaking pg in return, they would not do it. so basically, nash is sort of tied to the coach, who signed a three year deal. therefore, it's safe to say that they'd trade other pieces such as gasol.

vCash
    Lakers will make the playoffs. at the end of the season people will look back at this frenzy and laugh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Lakers chance of making the playoffs are staggeringly low and they are too far behind to even consider getting a sixth seed. Nash went to the Lakers at another attempt for a ring. Seeing as that likely won't happen at this point I believe the Lakers should be trying to move Nash to a team that is a buyer right now. I haven't looked at contracts, but I believe the teams that could use him are The Grizzlies (off the bench), the Pacers (Off the bench), and the Heat (starting over Chalmers), and the Jazz (starting.)

Looking at Nash's contract I think the Grizzlies and the Heat probably can't get him. However, the Pacers could move DJ and a filler to make the contract work and they vastly upgrade their back up PG position as well as improving their biggest weakness, the offense.

Since Mo Williams out the Jazz could use a starting PG to improve the team's chances of making the playoffs or even possibly getting an upset. They also have some moveable pieces that may seem attractive to the Lakers.

Thoughts?
    lakers will make the playoffs. I will bet you my account on it . If laker don't make the playoffs I will delete my account . If the lakers do make the playoffs you delete your account deal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    lakers will make the playoffs. I will bet you my account on it . If laker don't make the playoffs I will delete my account . If the lakers do make the playoffs you delete your account deal?
    ill bet you my account on it. deal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post
    I think the Lakers can beat the Spurs in the 1st round...Clippers is really questionable...
    Great logic, seeing as they're 0-2 against them this season. In fact, Lakers haven't won a single game against the Thunder, Ckippers, Spurs, Grizzlies this season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Fail of a post... Lakers will make the playoffs they are only 3 games back they can and will easily get in the playoffs
    Easily is not the word.

vCash
    Nash is gonna go back up George Hill, or Mike Conley?

vCash
    Now that hill is out fornthe season, I think trading Pau is out

vCash
    end of the world. hehe
    “You can’t worry about things you have no control over.”

"Above and Beyond"

-- Steve Nash

"I don't even care how much I score.
    I just want to win."
    -- Ron Artest

vCash
    Nash to Memphis is an intersting idea. Assuming Gay would be going back, maybe move Conley to the SG. 0 chance that any team taking Nash would have him come off the bench. With his back issues, it would be a mistake to constantly have him come off the bench cold.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Will the Lakers make the playoffs? There are currently 9 teams with better records in the West, and another 2 or 3 teams with records similar to the Lakers. They are going to have to play well. Should the Lakers trade Nash to a contender? They just gave up (I think) 3 first round draft picks for this guy. I think the logical thing to do is hold onto him until the end of the season, and if Dwight takes off in free agency, then trade Nash and see what you can get.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast