Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Nash and the Lakers

Lakers chance of making the playoffs are staggeringly low and they are too far behind to even consider getting a sixth seed. Nash went to the Lakers at another attempt for a ring. Seeing as that likely won't happen at this point I believe the Lakers should be trying to move Nash to a team that is a buyer right now. I haven't looked at contracts, but I believe the teams that could use him are The Grizzlies (off the bench), the Pacers (Off the bench), and the Heat (starting over Chalmers), and the Jazz (starting.)

Looking at Nash's contract I think the Grizzlies and the Heat probably can't get him. However, the Pacers could move DJ and a filler to make the contract work and they vastly upgrade their back up PG position as well as improving their biggest weakness, the offense.

Since Mo Williams out the Jazz could use a starting PG to improve the team's chances of making the playoffs or even possibly getting an upset. They also have some moveable pieces that may seem attractive to the Lakers.

Thoughts?

vCash
    lakers won 2 in a row bro. close this.

vCash
    ^Forreal. Lakers just need to trade Gasol for a couple of mediocre pieces now and they might just get on the road to winning. Nash is perfect for this team imo, they just have to implement him into he offense.
    Last edited by JNoel; 01-16-2013 at 01:52 AM.

vCash
    I'd like to see Nash have a chance at a ring and I don't believe the Lakers currently provide the best chance for that. Lakers should be looking to retool for next year and I don't think Nash (39) needs to be part of the team for next year.

vCash
    my thoughts are that you should the alcohol down and go to bed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Lakers chance of making the playoffs are staggeringly low and they are too far behind to even consider getting a sixth seed. Nash went to the Lakers at another attempt for a ring. Seeing as that likely won't happen at this point I believe the Lakers should be trying to move Nash to a team that is a buyer right now. I haven't looked at contracts, but I believe the teams that could use him are The Grizzlies (off the bench), the Pacers (Off the bench), and the Heat (starting over Chalmers), and the Jazz (starting.)

Looking at Nash's contract I think the Grizzlies and the Heat probably can't get him. However, the Pacers could move DJ and a filler to make the contract work and they vastly upgrade their back up PG position as well as improving their biggest weakness, the offense.

Since Mo Williams out the Jazz could use a starting PG to improve the team's chances of making the playoffs or even possibly getting an upset. They also have some moveable pieces that may seem attractive to the Lakers.

Thoughts?
    Fail of a post... Lakers will make the playoffs they are only 3 games back they can and will easily get in the playoffs

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

vCash
    puppies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Jones View Post
    puppies
    hahah puppies dude!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Jones View Post
    hahah puppies dude!
    shut up

vCash
    I'd like to see Nash have a chance at a ring and I don't believe the Lakers currently provide the best chance for that. Lakers should be looking to retool for next year and I don't think Nash (39) needs to be part of the team for next year.
    Last time I checked, we were only 36 games into the regular season...

vCash
    yep, but they will probably face the thunder, clippers or spurs in the first round.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    Last time I checked, we were only 36 games into the regular season...
    Assuming the eight seed has 44 wins than the Lakers need to finish with a record that is 27-9. That is a .750 winning percentage.

vCash
    close this garbage lol

vCash
    I am not understanding the flak I am getting. I think the Lakers are better of retooling this year and I think Nash should be on a lock of a playoff team with even a boxers chance of a title.

vCash
    I am not understanding the flak I am getting. I think the Lakers are better of retooling this year and I think Nash should be on a lock of a playoff team with even a boxers chance of a title.
    You're right but ppl won't admit it. They like to think of stupid things to say such as " oh there's still this many games or " we're not taking it seriously" all to subconsciously mask the reality of the situation . As far as your statistic of the likelihood of an 8th seed ending with 44 wins its very real that the lakers potentially won't make it. Nash shouldn't be traded because he went to LA to stay close to his kids, it wouldn't do him justice to trade. His contract is also atrocious , so likely untradeable

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast