Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    First off, happy 33 birthday Albert Pujols. What happened to Albert Pujols? 1859 games and 6919 AB's happened, not including amateur, preseason and postseason games and AB's.
    Last edited by BadnewzNiners; 01-16-2013 at 05:44 AM.

vCash
    in fairness to pujols he had a really good season last year after he broke his slump

vCash
    he's losing the battle with father time
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    IABF was entirely serious until he was called out.

Now he's backing the truck up.

Beep beep beeeeeeeeeep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post

Beep beep beeeeeeeeeep
    I fully believe he did PED's.
    But the first post was a joke, because I think this thread is absurd. He is still great.

Our QB > Yours

vCash

Beep beep beeeeeeeeeep
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-16-2013 at 08:49 AM.

vCash
    IABF:

I wouldn't say I BELIEVE he did or does PEDs. But, I can definitively say I wouldn't be surprised if ANY player were outed as a user in any generation.

Hell, I'm not naive enough to say Griffey was clean and he was my favorite player.

So, I guess for once, we kind of agree.
    Last edited by Ian.; 01-16-2013 at 12:43 PM.

vCash
    I bet Pujols actually turned 36 or 37 today Danny Almonte style. No worries, only 9 years and a good chunk of America's deficit is still owed to him.

vCash
    Hell, I'm not naive enough to say Griffey was clean and he was my favorite player.
    If Jr. was juicing and still missed so much time to injuries, he was doing it wrong.

vCash
    I think it has to do with age. As to the possibility he took steroids I hope he never but you never know these days in the MLB.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    It's natural for NL hitters to struggle a bit the first year in the AL. Mark my words, Albert Pujols will regain his form and continue to be the most dominant player in all of baseball. That's almost as sure as Brent Musberger commenting on the beauty of another woman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Or he is just a really great player..

I would love to see your evidence like Dreams that he is juicing.
    I don't really have an opinion on the subject either way but I would like to point out this is the exact same thing people said about A-Rod and steroids as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shano0603 View Post
    I think WAR is a bit overrated of statistic. Some of the time it properly correlates a player's value to the team. I mean last year Jeff Franceours WAR was -2.7, mearly because Wil Myers was in their farm system.That more or less depends on who is underneath you on the team. If Pujol's back up a AAA who hit's .234 with 12 homers, it might inflate his WAR a bit.

WAR, what is it good for, absolutely nothing.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I don't really have an opinion on the subject either way but I would like to point out this is the exact same thing people said about A-Rod and steroids as well.
    Of course it's possible he used PEDS but what player in baseball can we not make that same accusation against.

I mean i know it's easy to be cynical about every great player over the last 25 years or so but i don't think it's fair to persecute a guy with zero evidence against him.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-16-2013 at 12:04 PM.

vCash
    He turned 30.

He is still heading toward being a top 10 player of all time, top 7 hitter fairly easily.

He has just been slowly declining as he gets older, and for whatever reason has become less patient which makes no sense. Players usually become more patient as they age.

He should continue at this level until around the age of 35, and then a steady 10% decline each year after that is expected. He is still one of the greats.

Here are his all time ranks

His 88.5 rWAR is 28th of all time between Roberto Clemente and Wade Boggs
    His 91.6 fWAR is tied with Pete Rose for 28th best of all time, just behind Joe DiMaggio
    His .425 wOBA is 20th of all time (the greatest since Bonds at .435, and greatest since Musial prior to that)
    His 164 wRC+ is 9th all time behind Cobb and Joe Jackson
    He has already created 1639 runs, which is the 49th most of all time. Everyone ahead of him is basically already a hall of famer or is likely heading that way except for Dwight Evans who he is 1 behind. Considering his age this is amazing.

In order to be the best of all time, he will need to very literally double his entire career. That is beyond unlikely. But he could settle in nicely in the top 10 of all time fairly easily.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast