Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 148
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    22,588
    vCash
    1500
    Believe it or not, people can be VERY talented and capable at their profession without taking substances. Sure it makes some better, but there are the gifted few who are capable of greatness on their own. Don't take it away from them because you are a cynical asshat.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    22,015
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    Believe it or not, people can be VERY talented and capable at their profession without taking substances. Sure it makes some better, but there are the gifted few who are capable of greatness on their own. Don't take it away from them because you are a cynical asshat.
    This..

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    22,015
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    I pity someone as naive as you.
    Yeah coming from you that means **** to me.

    Speculation, ignorance, and a personal belief that certain great players used is not evidence.

    Come back when you actually have something of merit to bring to the table..

    I am most certainly sure you dont...

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    24,257
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    Stopped juicing.
    Or he's just following a natural decline...

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    24,257
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Frank Thomas>Albert Pooholes
    Nope.

    Thomas (19 seasons):
    .416 wOBA
    154 wRC+
    76.2 WAR

    Pujols (12 seasons):
    .425 wOBA
    164 wRC+
    91.6 WAR
    Last edited by SFrush90; 01-16-2013 at 01:51 AM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    25,924
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Or he's just following a natural decline...
    Could be very true. Is also very unlikely.
    For the record.....he is still really good. Just because he isn't the consensus best player in the league, doesn't mean he isn't a beast anymore.

    Our QB > Yours

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    4,812
    vCash
    1500
    you sure?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    22,588
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    Could be very true. Is also very unlikely.
    For the record.....he is still really good. Just because he isn't the consensus best player in the league, doesn't mean he isn't a beast anymore.
    Shhhh, stop. It's all alright.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    22,015
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    Shhhh, stop. It's all alright.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    25,924
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    What's funny?

    Our QB > Yours

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    22,015
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    What's funny?
    The fact that you have no evidence just insinuation and personal belief that Pujols used..

    His consistency and decline in his early 30s is also indicative of a non steroid user after years of being the most dominant player.

    Compare a known steroid user in McGwire or Sosa's individual seasons in their 30s to Pujols and tell me how Pujols is using.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-16-2013 at 02:01 AM.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    22,588
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Nope.

    Thomas (19 seasons):
    .416 wOBA
    154 wRC+
    76.2 WAR

    Pujols (12 seasons):
    .425 wOBA
    164 wRC+
    91.6 WAR
    That is incredible, especially for only 12 seasons.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    25,924
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The fact that you have no evidence just insinuation and personal belief that Pujols used..

    Even his decline tends to be in line with a player who hasn't used performance enhancing drugs especially considering he began his decline into his early 30s after years of being the most dominant player in the game.
    The fact that you took my first post seriously is really a great example of why you aren't a good poster.
    That's not to say that I don't think there's a chance he used PED's. But come on now.

    Our QB > Yours

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    7,735
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    The fact that you took my first post seriously is really a great example of why you aren't a good poster.
    That's not to say that I don't think there's a chance he used PED's. But come on now.
    Woah! That's over the line!!

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    22,015
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    The fact that you took my first post seriously is really a great example of why you aren't a good poster.
    That's not to say that I don't think there's a chance he used PED's. But come on now.
    If you want to get into the speculation game, it's possible every baseball player in MLB has used PEDS at some point.

    And you followed up a facetious point with "it's very unlikely" he went through a natural decline in reference to SfRush's point. So either you are trolling or being serious? Either way, you are wrong.

    As for taking you seriously, i never do, whether you are making a relevant point or not.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-16-2013 at 08:46 AM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •