Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicHero3 View Post
    holy ****. I dont even want to imagine how hard that is man.
    I remember watching a documentary, it showed a study of a severely depressed patient. Didnt talk to anyone in their family, just moped in self-hatred. They jacked up her with Vitamin Bs, like 2000% the daily value. After a couple of days, she was chatty, enjoying company, smiling... she was like a whole different person. Sure, this is one of those quick fix solutions, but if used along with therapy I believe it could do good.
    I take vitamin b12 injections. It def gives you a sense of well being and a calmness. Anyone can buy them on the internet its legit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penuch View Post
    It's often hard for parents to admit that a child of theirs needs help, because they often view it as a failure on their part. Try and explain to your dad that he didn't do anything wrong, and it's not his fault that your brother needs help. Also that he has to understand anything that happens to your brother from this point on could be his fault for being an enabler.
    Quote Originally Posted by penuch View Post
    Have a look at this page my man
    Beyond Blue
    Thanks I checked this site out today. I am actually going to call a hotline and get some feed back on how to handle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brewerboy View Post
    I did for a short stint when I was 12. Try and be there for the person because the last thing you want is for them to go to the doctor. Do stuff with them, even have heart to hearts. The doctor is just going to prescribe some drug that will totally alter and change their personality. The drug they gave me put me to sleep with in 5 minutes of taking it, made me constantly sad and pissed off at others and not my self amongst other things. It was weird, make sure they do not go to a doctor.
    This is a terrible way to look at it. The doctor should be prescribing drugs because the person's brain chemistry needs to be corrected. You just had a bad reaction to a drug and should have been given alternatives.

I don't think drugging people up is the way to go at all. Therapy and anti-depressants combined can work wonders and its this type of misconception that keeps people from seeking the help they need.

My suggestion first and foremost for anyone with severe depression is to see a medical professional. Whether that be a psychologist or a psychiatrist or your family practitioner. They can all get you on the right track and refer you to the necessary people.

vCash
    This sounds like the same problem my uncle is going through.

vCash
    Honestly, I don't think PsD is the best place to be posting this stuff. These things are personal info and problems about your brother's life. If I was him I wouldn't want my brother posting things about me on an online forum. Especially a topic about him being depressed. I mean I'm not trying to be a dick here, but you should try to respect your brother's privacy.
    Again, not trying to be a dick here. Just putting myself in your brother's shoes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu View Post
    Honestly, I don't think PsD is the best place to be posting this stuff. These things are personal info and problems about your brother's life. If I was him I wouldn't want my brother posting things about me on an online forum. Especially a topic about him being depressed. I mean I'm not trying to be a dick here, but you should try to respect your brother's privacy.
    Again, not trying to be a dick here. Just putting myself in your brother's shoes
    Well, nobody actually knows his brother. Hell, his brother probably doesn't even know he asked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rwynyc View Post
    Has anyone ever dealt with someone close to them that might suffer from depression and refuses to get help? Or anyone that struggles with depression themselves.

I am dealing with an unfortunate issue (not me someone else) and I know this probably might not be the best place to ask but I figured with a lot of younger people on this board they could possibly shed some light on this disease.

If I get any serious responses I will get into more details.
    I had a close friend that deteriorated badly due to severe depression and eventually asked me to call to get him some help. I was happy to do it, and after it was over he was extremely greatful. He is well today, and he never would have been without getting help.

If you truly believe the person you have in mind may harm himself or others, consider the option of having them involuntarily institutionalized. It seems extreme, but if he kills himself or someone else, that is a whole lot more awful. Though it would suck, I would much, much rather be wrong about trying to get someone help than wrong about them being homicidal or suicidal.
    I'm going to list ALEC in credits as associate producer of creating horrifying things for us to talk about -John Oliver

People who think the least powerful members of society are responsible for most of its problems are deluded, at best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu View Post

I hear ya but I dont know anyone here and never will which a great thing about a message board bc you can say what you want without having to worry. I actually went to a depression message board but got more repsonses here if you can believe it. Other boards I am on people know my personally so cnat put it there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    I had a close friend that deteriorated badly due to severe depression and eventually asked me to call to get him some help. I was happy to do it, and after it was over he was extremely greatful. He is well today, and he never would have been without getting help.

If you truly believe the person you have in mind may harm himself or others, consider the option of having them involuntarily institutionalized. It seems extreme, but if he kills himself or someone else, that is a whole lot more awful. Though it would suck, I would much, much rather be wrong about trying to get someone help than wrong about them being homicidal or suicidal.
    The problem is my father who is stading in the way bc he is too proud to think one of his kids has a problem like this. He is waiting for my brother to come out and say hey I need help but my brother never will. I spoke to a couple of dr's todya and gave them a lot of situations and they told me drugs wont be they way to go. He has deep rooted emotional issues along with depression and he is angry.

10. 01-17-2013, 07:30 PM
    Reason
    Not needed post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rwynyc View Post
    The problem is my father who is stading in the way bc he is too proud to think one of his kids has a problem like this. He is waiting for my brother to come out and say hey I need help but my brother never will. I spoke to a couple of dr's todya and gave them a lot of situations and they told me drugs wont be they way to go. He has deep rooted emotional issues along with depression and he is angry.
    Sounds like those doctors aren't very smart.

He probably need medication and therapy.

It's odd that a doctor wouldn't prescribe something.

vCash
    nevermind

13. 01-18-2013, 09:34 AM
    Reason
    Not needed post.

vCash
    I figured I'd post here instead of making my own thread. But recently I've dealt with depression. At night I start to feel sad, lonely, and sometimes I'll cry. This started when I lost my apartment, my girlfriend, and my job. I had to move back in with my parents and they just fight everyday, so that's not helping me. Almost every night I walk down to the beach alone and just sit there and feel so horrible. I feel so lost. I have no social life now.

My best friend came and visited from Seattle, that was the best night I've had in a long time. That was 2 days ago, and now she's gone. And I'm back in this **** mood. I know I just gotta snap out of it and get on with my life and such but it's not that easy. If it were, I wouldn't be posting this. I miss the life I had. I feel like I'll never be happy again. I don't know what to do.

vCash
    Have you looked into a therapist? Even if you don't have insurance/money, if you live near a decently sized city you should be able to find free or very cheap therapy. It may not necessarily be clinical depression you have, but just needing a little help to get through a hard time. It can definitely help.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    I've thought about it. But I can't afford a therapist to be quite honest. I certainly don't want to see a doctor and be prescribed some drug that has suicidal thoughts as a side-effect. Don't really see the point in that. I'm not suicidal btw. I just feel so f'n lost. All that has happened was all so sudden. Everything just went right after another. I didn't have a chance to save any of it. And now I'm just stuck. I want to get up and take charge of my life and do what I need to do. And believe me I try to fix everything but nothing works. I just want to break out of this. I am so tired of feeling so sad and lonely. I am so tired of the way people treat each other. I don't know, I'm just rambling on, sorry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SACNYY View Post
    I've thought about it. But I can't afford a therapist to be quite honest. I certainly don't want to see a doctor and be prescribed some drug that has suicidal thoughts as a side-effect. Don't really see the point in that. I'm not suicidal btw. I just feel so f'n lost. All that has happened was all so sudden. Everything just went right after another. I didn't have a chance to save any of it. And now I'm just stuck. I want to get up and take charge of my life and do what I need to do. And believe me I try to fix everything but nothing works. I just want to break out of this. I am so tired of feeling so sad and lonely. I am so tired of the way people treat each other. I don't know, I'm just rambling on, sorry.
    There are drugs without suicidal thoughts as a side effect. If you do need to see a doctor, then you should. Their job is to improve your life, not try to make you take it.

But, like I said, search around.. Google, even check your phone book.. and see if there is free or low-cost therapy in your area. A therapist won't be able to prescribe anything to you, but it'll be someone that can listen to what you're dealing with, and help you pull out of it.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast