Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    38,772
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Not that I think there's some sort of great government conspiracy to take away guns (they won't, and have no right to), but this right here does interest me. There were reports early on on Sandy Hook that stated police arrested a man in camo pants and brought him out of the woods. What happened to this guy? I know news media is always trying to get the first scoop and mis-reporting in a situation like this isn't all that uncommon (especially considering they reported it wasn't Adam Lanza but his brother that was the killer originally), but I find it hard to believe that it was completely inaccurate that police arrested a man in camo pants in the woods. That, to me, is a little to much specificity to be an outright falsehood.
    How have we not figured this out yet?

    When crazy things happen (9/11, Sandy Hook, Columbine, etc), things are reported before they can be verified, and so unrelated events are incorrectly attached to the main event, details that are simply not true are reported, etc., etc. Maybe there was a guy arrested in the woods wearing camo pants, and it turned out he wasn't remotely involved in what happened. Were that the case, no one is going to care enough to waste time reporting about a random guy that's not involved when so many people were scrambling around just trying to figure out who the hell the actual shooter was.
    Visit my Blog.



    "Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,275
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    There isn't anything inherently wrong with a turn to the left. TBH, most of the "turn to the left" is on social issues that, to me, shouldn't be a right-left issue (marriage rights, workplace rights, etc).

    However, nuts on either end of the spectrum make America look stupid. This Sandy Hook nonsense is a good example of that.
    There is no "left" in the US anymore. In the words of Bill Maher "at some point the left moved to center and the right jumped on the short bus to crazy town".

    If you want to see real "left" go to Europe. Watch an entire country go on strike when they attempt to change the retirement laws or minimum wages. Here "left" is wanting a ban on assault weapons or asking for people who can't afford to have their disease treated to be allowed medical attention.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam/Maryland
    Posts
    654
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    There is no "left" in the US anymore. In the words of Bill Maher "at some point the left moved to center and the right jumped on the short bus to crazy town".

    If you want to see real "left" go to Europe. Watch an entire country go on strike when they attempt to change the retirement laws or minimum wages. Here "left" is wanting a ban on assault weapons or asking for people who can't afford to have their disease treated to be allowed medical attention.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    38,772
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    There is no "left" in the US anymore. In the words of Bill Maher "at some point the left moved to center and the right jumped on the short bus to crazy town".

    If you want to see real "left" go to Europe. Watch an entire country go on strike when they attempt to change the retirement laws or minimum wages. Here "left" is wanting a ban on assault weapons or asking for people who can't afford to have their disease treated to be allowed medical attention.
    Indeed.

    It's rather enlightening to look at that Political Compass test we've all taken, and then look at where Obama and all the US Senators fall on the list. I couldn't be more left than every single one of them if I tried to throw the test.
    Visit my Blog.



    "Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    17,249
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Evidence or GTFO.

    Seriously.

    This "asking questions" crap is just a cover for people to throw out things they have no ability to provide evidence for, and then fall back on when the complete lack is exposed. If you actually have some evidence that something isn't as it's been reported, then please present it. Questions aren't it.
    So true. Reminds of a South Park episode where Cartman is spouting out complete crap, but justifies it by just saying he's asking questions.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,275
    vCash
    1500
    I think I'm a Sandy Hook Truther Truther.......in that I don't believe the Sandy Hook truthers exist and are just a gov't set up to get people angry and distracted from the real issues.

    ....man this tin foil hurts my head.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    39,983
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    Not that I have an opinion on the matter, but its funny how quick people are to just discount some of these theories. I'm not one to run around with a tinfoil hat, but I do realize that the government is slowly taking control away from the people. It's interesting to see the points they come up with in the Sandy Hook - Fully exposed video and as opposed to just shrugging it off (without even giving it thought) and taking up a useless post, why not refute what they ask? An because I know people get offended really quick let me reiterate that I do not have an opinion on the matter nor do I care to debate what happened that day, so please, no one try to call me out for no reason. The questions asked in the videos:

    1) No words from the one injured girl?
    2) Why did the man keep the kids for 30 mins not knowing what happened?
    3) Why was the father laughing before he went on air?
    4) The other man/men arrested that day, what did that have to do with it ?
    Ehh it's the same way as I automatically dismiss the notion that my wife is cheating on me. I know it's not happening. Or how I automatically dismiss the notion that PSD will figure out how to reduce spam.

    But to entertain the notion. I love conspiracy theories. Never believe them but love listening to them. Not sure why since I hate science fiction movies and books, but I enjoyed loose change. Actually watched this video and would rate it enjoyable as well. Don't believe a word of it, but enjoyed watching it. (odd I know) I will say that I would never think the government is 100% giving all the facts on anything. Sometimes it's impossible to give every single fact sometimes it's protected for a reason and not a devious reason.

    But i'll give my opinion on the 4 you asked. My opinion no inside knowledge or anything
    1) she's a minor. She's probably still in a traumatic state of mind. She can't handle questioning, because she's a child.
    2) Because people are freaking weird and also notoriously egotistical. He's most likely embellishing and playing up for the camera. Oh my god i'm famous lets make sure people remember me.
    3) I think that's misconstrued. He goes from "laughing" to really sad quickly. I'd say he's more playing it up for the camera on the sadness. While tragic he now has a new light or a reinforced opinion on guns. So play up a bit on how sad you are.
    4) So much false information happens with tragedy and with today's 24 news cycle it's here is some info we found out we have no idea if it's true lets report it. Look at the AZ Congress girl who was shot, info comes out about this about that, that she's dead that shes' alive. It's non stop. Hell with just a single murder and you show up anyone around is going to be questioned and possibly handcuffed. Then the whole thing about front seat. Yea that routinely happens from first hand experience you get sat in the front if they are questioning you.


    EDIT--- It took me 30 minutes to type this because the phone kept ringing and customers were in my office so if I repeated anyone i'm sorry this was original work by BMD not regurgitation of others.
    Last edited by behindmydesk; 01-16-2013 at 03:05 PM.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Land Beyond the Wall, VT
    Posts
    7,073
    vCash
    1500
    I saw this thread title and said to myself "Oh boy"...

    I see nothing that tells me that the evidence surrounding this event is not reliable. Nothing. Its gotten far too easy for asshats to just start "asking questions". Well, some questions, and those who pose them, are just ****ing stupid. I believe this case exemplifies this rather well.

    As for the politicla spectrum issue, the idea that there is no left in this nation is laughable. Bernie Sanders, Pat Leahy, Warren, Peolosi, Feinstein, Boxer, the progressive movement, and occupy movements are the first indication that this is so. Secondly, once again, comparing us to Europe is once again laughable. The political spectrum doesn't shift based on relative position to other nations, or people. That's why we call ti a spectrum. We move on the spectrum. Of course we are further right then most of Europe. That's why we don;t still live in Eurpoe. We didn;t want to live like those folks anymore. That, and we were shipped here as slaves or convicts. But, for the love of God, if anyone tries to use a flaming browneye like Bill Mahr as a guidepost for anything other than how to be a snarky narcissistic butthole, then the argument has no merit.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    3,248
    vCash
    1500
    They made tribute pages for some of the victims on facebook 3 days before the shooting happened. I'm not denying that a shooting took place. But when they have DHS workers from Atlanta posing as "conerned citizens" of Newtown and the fact that the AR-15 that was supposedly used was found in the car, not to mention students saying they saw more than one gunman, something doesn't add up. What about the second shooter that they took into custody which was on the news when this was first reported, yet totally forgotten and ignored by the mass media propoganda ministry.


    I debunked the supposed emilie parker photo opt with obama after she died. So everything in there even I don't believe.

    Why don't you guys watch the ACTUAL VIDEO instead of read articles posted by some anti-american nazi/socialist?
    Last edited by futureman; 01-16-2013 at 06:31 PM.


    Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    709
    vCash
    1500
    First of all, he used a bushmaster that belonged to his mother, the AR15 in his car was his own. And you're going to have to post a link to the facebook story, if there was a conspiracy, they wouldn't be dumb enough to create a facebook page about it 3 days before the incident occurred.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam/Maryland
    Posts
    654
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    As for the politicla spectrum issue, the idea that there is no left in this nation is laughable. Bernie Sanders, Pat Leahy, Warren, Peolosi, Feinstein, Boxer, the progressive movement, and occupy movements are the first indication that this is so. Secondly, once again, comparing us to Europe is once again laughable. The political spectrum doesn't shift based on relative position to other nations, or people. That's why we call ti a spectrum. We move on the spectrum. Of course we are further right then most of Europe. That's why we don;t still live in Eurpoe. We didn;t want to live like those folks anymore. That, and we were shipped here as slaves or convicts. But, for the love of God, if anyone tries to use a flaming browneye like Bill Mahr as a guidepost for anything other than how to be a snarky narcissistic butthole, then the argument has no merit.
    If you seriously think people like Pelosi and Feinstein are in the remotest sense 'left' simply because they belong to the slightly less right wing party, you display a truly astonishing ignorance of today's realities. The occupy movement is extra-parliamentary - we have been talking about what passes for the political mainstream in the US, not about fringe protest groups in the streets and parks.

    Your other comments that I have bolded are just far too laughable to even respond to. I'll give you this though, it takes balls to display your ignorance of history and your disconnection from reality like this.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,675
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Ehh it's the same way as I automatically dismiss the notion that my wife is cheating on me. I know it's not happening. Or how I automatically dismiss the notion that PSD will figure out how to reduce spam.

    But to entertain the notion. I love conspiracy theories. Never believe them but love listening to them. Not sure why since I hate science fiction movies and books, but I enjoyed loose change. Actually watched this video and would rate it enjoyable as well. Don't believe a word of it, but enjoyed watching it. (odd I know) I will say that I would never think the government is 100% giving all the facts on anything. Sometimes it's impossible to give every single fact sometimes it's protected for a reason and not a devious reason.

    But i'll give my opinion on the 4 you asked. My opinion no inside knowledge or anything
    1) she's a minor. She's probably still in a traumatic state of mind. She can't handle questioning, because she's a child.
    2) Because people are freaking weird and also notoriously egotistical. He's most likely embellishing and playing up for the camera. Oh my god i'm famous lets make sure people remember me.
    3) I think that's misconstrued. He goes from "laughing" to really sad quickly. I'd say he's more playing it up for the camera on the sadness. While tragic he now has a new light or a reinforced opinion on guns. So play up a bit on how sad you are.
    4) So much false information happens with tragedy and with today's 24 news cycle it's here is some info we found out we have no idea if it's true lets report it. Look at the AZ Congress girl who was shot, info comes out about this about that, that she's dead that shes' alive. It's non stop. Hell with just a single murder and you show up anyone around is going to be questioned and possibly handcuffed. Then the whole thing about front seat. Yea that routinely happens from first hand experience you get sat in the front if they are questioning you.


    EDIT--- It took me 30 minutes to type this because the phone kept ringing and customers were in my office so if I repeated anyone i'm sorry this was original work by BMD not regurgitation of others.
    Loose Change was actually originally intended to be a fictional screenplay.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Land Beyond the Wall, VT
    Posts
    7,073
    vCash
    1500
    If you seriously think people like Pelosi and Feinstein are in the remotest sense 'left' simply because they belong to the slightly less right wing party, you display a truly astonishing ignorance of today's realities. The occupy movement is extra-parliamentary - we have been talking about what passes for the political mainstream in the US, not about fringe protest groups in the streets and parks.

    Your other comments that I have bolded are just far too laughable to even respond to. I'll give you this though, it takes balls to display your ignorance of history and your disconnection from reality like this.

    Oh, I get it. I'm ignorant for disagreeing with you. How high minded. How enlightened.

    You tell me right now how right leaning Bernie is.You lay that out for us. List the points out.Be specific.

    I'll wait.

    Oh, and the insults and baits are indicative of the kind of quality person you are. So just stay classy, and we'll all try to be as cool and enlightened as you in the future.

    Seriously, though, go ahead and tell me one more time how much of a right wing nutjob Bernie is. I can't wait.

    EDIT:

    And yes, Feinstein is a left wing nutjob. She's been after the second amendment to ban all guns since the early nineties, and is quoted numerous times to that effect. So yes, she;s a nutbag. That's not my problem, but if you want to insult me for thinking differently than you on the subject, all that indicates is that your a real class act.

    Second, you weren't talking about "mainstream". you have said in more than one thread that the US moved to the far right, but you repeatedly use other countries as some kind of sliding scale. I disagree. Many countries vasilate between left and right leaning governments. Or have you forgotten Margeret Thatcher? The former PM of Australia? If other countries have totalitarian governments as many do, of course anything by comparison would have less authoritarian.
    Last edited by Patsfan56; 01-16-2013 at 08:54 PM.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    709
    vCash
    1500
    The left coast will never vote that Commie out (Feinstein), so hopefully Congress will have sense enough not to listen to that gun-grabber's proposals.
    Last edited by Steel Curtain; 01-16-2013 at 11:32 PM.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    5,932
    vCash
    1500
    Feinstein is an incredible person and a fantastic politician as is pelosi.
    The demagouging from the RT Media is hilarious, but they just keep getting re-elected and selected as leaders of the party because lies hold no sway over intelligent people.

    On the topic of this thread, I heard that it was Romney,Rove,Chenney,The Koch Brothers,w,Rubio,The dumba$$ px-90 dude,and eric cantor, that did it.

    After they murdered Chris stevenson in Lybia, they were so upset that their plan to disgrace the President failed that they dedcided to kill some kids and try to blame that on him too somehow.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •