Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Sandy Hook Truthers

I was minding my own business reading the news, when I came across this term. There is a subset of the right wing, that believes the massacre in Sandy Hook never occurred, it was just a cover up by those who want to take away their guns.

http://gawker.com/5976204/behind-the...ed-in-one-week

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/09/the_...cy_theory_yet/

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/mee...hook-truthers/

For the record, this is not to paint the right wing as a group of conspiracy nuts, because, for example Jonah Goldberg wrote a column that said this was horrible, but, there is a group of people who do think this is true.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    It's no secret why conservatism is losing respect, nut jobs like this are ruining a once proud philosophy. These people need to STFU plain and simple. This is why this country is taking a turn to the left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Curtain View Post
    It's no secret why conservatism is losing respect, nut jobs like this are ruining a once proud philosophy. These people need to STFU plain and simple. This is why this country is taking a turn to the left.
    There isn't anything inherently wrong with a turn to the left. TBH, most of the "turn to the left" is on social issues that, to me, shouldn't be a right-left issue (marriage rights, workplace rights, etc).

However, nuts on either end of the spectrum make America look stupid. This Sandy Hook nonsense is a good example of that.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

vCash
    I couldn't imagine being crazy enough to believe this. I'd have to kick my own ***.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    There isn't anything inherently wrong with a turn to the left. TBH, most of the "turn to the left" is on social issues that, to me, shouldn't be a right-left issue (marriage rights, workplace rights, etc).

However, nuts on either end of the spectrum make America look stupid. This Sandy Hook nonsense is a good example of that.
    Agree and disagree. I think marriage should be between a man and a wife. A lot of people feel this way as well, so I have no idea why you think it's right to say it shouldn't be a right-left issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoCrew5 View Post
    Agree and disagree. I think marriage should be between a man and a wife. A lot of people feel this way as well, so I have no idea why you think it's right to say it shouldn't be a right-left issue.
    Probably because being decent to all groups of people is the right thing to do and shouldn't be a political issue.

Back to the thread topic. It's disheartening to hear that some people believe that the government would make something up as awful as this tragedy just to take away there guns. It is an unbelievable amount of crazy and selfishness that spits in the face of anyone affected by this tragedy. If these people honestly believe this they are not sane enough to own the guns they have.

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

vCash
    How the hell could this not have happened? People watched them carry bodies out of the school.

vCash
    Not that I have an opinion on the matter, but its funny how quick people are to just discount some of these theories. I'm not one to run around with a tinfoil hat, but I do realize that the government is slowly taking control away from the people. It's interesting to see the points they come up with in the Sandy Hook - Fully exposed video and as opposed to just shrugging it off (without even giving it thought) and taking up a useless post, why not refute what they ask? An because I know people get offended really quick let me reiterate that I do not have an opinion on the matter nor do I care to debate what happened that day, so please, no one try to call me out for no reason. The questions asked in the videos:

1) No words from the one injured girl?
    2) Why did the man keep the kids for 30 mins not knowing what happened?
    3) Why was the father laughing before he went on air?
    4) The other man/men arrested that day, what did that have to do with it ?

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    Not that I have an opinion on the matter, but its funny how quick people are to just discount some of these theories. I'm not one to run around with a tinfoil hat, but I do realize that the government is slowly taking control away from the people. It's interesting to see the points they come up with in the Sandy Hook - Fully exposed video and as opposed to just shrugging it off (without even giving it thought) and taking up a useless post, why not refute what they ask? An because I know people get offended really quick let me reiterate that I do not have an opinion on the matter nor do I care to debate what happened that day, so please, no one try to call me out for no reason. The questions asked in the videos:

It's not funny... it's logical to dismiss crazy conspiracy theories. We don't have time for them. There are plenty of things that we have to and should question every day. Whether or not this is a grand conspiracy because of some silly vauge questions to achieve something relatively innocuous (ban on the FUTURE sale of assault weapons and large capacity magazines)... not one of them. If you live your life believing, or accepting everything that is possible (however improbable) you would not get much done.
    Last edited by flips333; 01-16-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Probably because being decent to all groups of people is the right thing to do and shouldn't be a political issue.

Back to the thread topic. It's disheartening to hear that some people believe that the government would make something up as awful as this tragedy just to take away there guns. It is an unbelievable amount of crazy and selfishness that spits in the face of anyone affected by this tragedy. If these people honestly believe this they are not sane enough to own the guns they have.
    Bravo sir, bravo!!!! A voice of sanity and humanity from the conservative heartland.

Let me briefly explain again what really pisses me off - when people accept some criticism of the batshit crazy right only by also referring to "extremists" on both ends of the scale. There are NO left wing extremists in US mainstream politics. None. What you people think of as 'left', is at best smack in the center of anyone else's political spectrum.

The US political spectrum consists of -

The totally clinically insane, batshit crazy, ultra extreme right wing - people of whom there are maybe a few dozen or hundred in other societies, but millions in the US. No rational discourse is possible with these people.

The extreme right wing that is not (yet) batshit crazy, and with whom some limited consensus on a few issues is possible.

The traditional Republican right wing, which still includes some honorable people with whom rational discourse is possible.

The mainstream Democrats, who are virtually as right wing (on the global scale of right-left) as the traditional Republicans, but who are labeled as being 'left wing' in the distorted context of US politics.

A few voices on the 'left' of the Dems, like Maddow, whom many Americans consider to be "extremists" of the left. People like Maddow et al would be on the 'normal' center-left of the spectrum in any other advanced, civilized society.

That's it. There is NO left wing in the US, there are only varying degrees of the right. The US political spectrum is a joke, a laughing stock, to people in countries where political parties do actually represent significant differences of opinion. The US spectrum is so ridiculously far to the right that it has lost all touch with modern political realities.

vCash

Evidence or GTFO.

Seriously.

This "asking questions" crap is just a cover for people to throw out things they have no ability to provide evidence for, and then fall back on when the complete lack is exposed. If you actually have some evidence that something isn't as it's been reported, then please present it. Questions aren't it.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash

Ewing

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post

Thank you, the idea that being against gay marriage is a right/left issue is something that just brothers me and prevents progress imo. As for the nuts saying the massacre didn't happen, i really don't know what to say about them. I don't even know if they believe there own BS. I just know they should STFU and if they don't they should be not be publicized by other media sources
    Last edited by ewing; 01-16-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoCrew5 View Post
    What you think is a political matter. What's the fair thing to do is to not treat it as one. There are plenty of things I don't like in the world, but at some point, you have to separate politics from doing right by the people of the US/world.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Evidence or GTFO.

Seriously.

This "asking questions" crap is just a cover for people to throw out things they have no ability to provide evidence for, and then fall back on when the complete lack is exposed. If you actually have some evidence that something isn't as it's been reported, then please present it. Questions aren't it.
    You are so correct. It is a specific technique. It has no validity.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash

Not that I think there's some sort of great government conspiracy to take away guns (they won't, and have no right to), but this right here does interest me. There were reports early on on Sandy Hook that stated police arrested a man in camo pants and brought him out of the woods. What happened to this guy? I know news media is always trying to get the first scoop and mis-reporting in a situation like this isn't all that uncommon (especially considering they reported it wasn't Adam Lanza but his brother that was the killer originally), but I find it hard to believe that it was completely inaccurate that police arrested a man in camo pants in the woods. That, to me, is a little to much specificity to be an outright falsehood.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast