Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Good thoughts from all. During reloading 2015-16, we will need some veteran leadership...some continuity. Gotta sign Cano. With many coming of the books, we can afford him. Arod can still be a valuable vet presence, even if only at DH till 2017. Tex until, what...2016? CC till when? We will reload with youth and FA in 2015 and 16. It's going to be exciting. Please correct my end dates for these guys...but you get the picture.
    Key, IMO is Jeter. Does he have interest in coaching or managing. With Jeter in a coach / skipper role, we can rebuild but with stability. Jeter will provide the continuity and the role model.
    After hitting $189 we the the reset button, and the big bucks come back for 2015-2020 and beyond. # 28-30 will follow. Let's not freak out about the reloading process.

vCash
    When will people understand that having a huge payroll has got up 1 championship over the last decade.

The Yankees will spend.. But not like they use too.

189 has to reset every 5 years to reset the tax bracket as well.

vCash
    Cano will be a Yankee for life. At least until his late 30's.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    No we wouldn't.

Do you realize his extension kicks in at almost 32 years old? This for a guy that has hit 30hr's ONCE despite playing in Yankee stadium, a guy who's career high OBP is .381 and never steals a bag. This is not the ELITE player everyone is making him out to be.

In the non steroid ERA guys usually start regressing and becoming more susceptible to injuries at age 32,33. What if we give this guy 8/200 and he plays 2 great years then at 34 starts getting hurt all the time like Arod? You're stuck paying him $25m+ through almost 40!

Again if Wright signs for $19m, why is Cano worth $25m? Just because he plays 2b? Does anyone really think its smart to be paying a 36-39 year old Cano $25m+? Just for a few more years of good hitting?

How does anyone think that's a good idea after seeing Arod regress?
    Very good.

And agree 100%

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees90. View Post
    He will re-sign. Don't forget, we have quite a bit of money coming off the books. With Granderson, and most likely Mo and Pettitte coming off the books, and probably Youk and long shot of Jeter, although I think he will be back for the 2014 season. Who knows what happens with Kuroda, but I don't think he returns next year either. With the Cano situation though, I wouldn't expect to see money being blown in every direction. He is not getting 10/200 million, I just can't see a team that stupid to lock up a second baseman in his early 30's for that long. Everyone knows that contract is an immediate fail. I could see a David Wright type contract though.
    At the expense of letting all those other positions, the rotation and the pen fall by the wayside????

vCash
    I love Cano but he needs to be traded. No way he resigns after this year. Get the Cardinals on the Phone

Cano

For

Oscar Taveras
    Carlos Martinez
    And a few other prospects
    Future Ace

vCash
    I actually also believe there is zero chance we resign him.

vCash
    Sign him to some massive contract so we can all complain about him when he is old, slow, and useless.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    hell lower his asking price or be traded
    i just can't see the yankees trading him, Granderson maybe, but not cano, i know he isn't young, but compared to this roster he is. and what will the yankees be running out there with him gone, if he leaves then the yankees are basically saying they aren't going to compete in 2013 or 2014.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Bob is frkn great. But! And I like big butts........if the Dodgers are going to go into Pujols/Arod territory for him, and they will......then we can't fall prey to matching that and being in the same boat in 5 years like we are now.

We'd have FOUR guys making $100 million per year.

That's insane.
    While idk if the dodgers or angels will go after him, they couldn't but i seriously doubt either give him a 10 year deal, i couldn't see anyone giving him more than 7 like that would have to be the max anyone could go, he really should receive something in the 5-6 year range.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohbilly2134 View Post
    Agreed. Trade him, stock the farm and the team with some young major-league ready talent, and stop tying up so much money in single position players. Aside from 2009, we see that this model does not build WS winning teams.
    well you need to trade him soon, or don't expect to get much more than what the brewers got for grienke, no one will want to over pay for a guy they wont even receive a pick back for.

vCash
    As has been stated before next years class sucks, however, the year after is a gold mine. Offensively there is Hanley, Headley, Pablo, Yunel Escobar, Elvis Andrus, Markakis, Rasumus. For pitching there is Verlander/Kershaw/Felix at the top of the class then it gets to good pitchers like Guillardo, Scherzer, Shilds, Lester, Masterson, then some decent veteran's like halladay, beckett, santana, it's a really good class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Sign him to some massive contract so we can all complain about him when he is old, slow, and useless.
    My, my, my.....the Canadian returns.

vCash
    the smartest thing for the yankees to do, though this wont be popular would be to trade Granderson and Cano plus whoe ever else, for what ever they can get, suck for 2 years then go all in for the 2015 season and sign like 5 or 6 or 7 of these guys.

vCash
    If we trade him we better be getting a huge haul for him otherwise I would be pissed.

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees90. View Post
    He will re-sign. Don't forget, we have quite a bit of money coming off the books. With Granderson, and most likely Mo and Pettitte coming off the books, and probably Youk and long shot of Jeter, although I think he will be back for the 2014 season. Who knows what happens with Kuroda, but I don't think he returns next year either. With the Cano situation though, I wouldn't expect to see money being blown in every direction. He is not getting 10/200 million, I just can't see a team that stupid to lock up a second baseman in his early 30's for that long. Everyone knows that contract is an immediate fail. I could see a David Wright type contract though.
    we also have a loit of holes to fill when all those guys come off the book
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    When will people understand that having a huge payroll has got up 1 championship over the last decade.

The Yankees will spend.. But not like they use too.

189 has to reset every 5 years to reset the tax bracket as well.
    thats the thing i don'te get. people are up in arms abotu lessening the payroll. look at the free agents we are missing, are there really that many we are pissed at losing. the huge spending has gotten us next to nowhere, you dont need payroll that high to win
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast