Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Trade him.

David Wright has put up very similar career numbers, he got 19.7m per year. That's what I would pay Cano 6/120m. But we all know that's not going to be good enough for Boras, even if we went 6/140. And we all know Cano isn't going to give the mighty rich Yankees a discount.

So do you really pay him say 7/175? Knowing that he might give you 2-4 great years and then could become another Arod? Players can go into a fast decline at around 32-33 years old without PED's.

And lastly, Cano is a great hitter, but he's never been a true ELITE all around player like Arod, Pujols, Cabrera...etc... Those guys might be worth $25m, but Cano's value lies more around $20m.

His best years are behind him......maybe 1-2 good years and he will be Chuckie.
    Nick

vCash
    Cano will be a Yankee for life, book that ****.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Cano will be a Yankee for life, book that ****.
    cano will not be a yankee for life, book that ****
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Cant see the Yankees ever trading Cano...I can see them signing the best second basemen in MLB though. Lets just say this. If Cano was on lets say the Phillies and he hit FA everyone in this forum would be praying the Yankees sign him...

And if the yankees let him walk who the heck will replace him? Yeah ok we have a rook that could but his D is knowwhere near Cano level and his hitting... lmao!

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Bob is frkn great. But! And I like big butts........if the Dodgers are going to go into Pujols/Arod territory for him, and they will......then we can't fall prey to matching that and being in the same boat in 5 years like we are now.

We'd have FOUR guys making $100 million per year.

That's insane.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Bob is frkn great. But! And I like big butts........if the Dodgers are going to go into Pujols/Arod territory for him, and they will......then we can't fall prey to matching that and being in the same boat in 5 years like we are now.

We'd have FOUR guys making $100 million per year.

That's insane.
    Dodgers could go that hard for him, but so could other teams. We just have to trust that Cano wants to stay with us. I feel like we've given him a reason to. We compete for a championship ever year. Most other teams can't say that. I'm putting my faith in him and giving him the benefit of the doubt (also because he's my favorite player in the MLB and I'd hate to see him play elsewhere). Perhaps he will walk next year. If he does, I hope Cashman uses that unallocated money to sign some good players. I just hope that cash doesn't go to waste. I just feel like it'd be better to resign him. In the end, who knows what could happen? We could free up a bunch of money this season in trades..who knows. I guess I don't think it'd necessarily be the smartest thing to sign him to a huge deal, but a nice 7 year, 25 mil a year deal seems reasonable to me and I think Cano would take it, even if people say it's a discount.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    Cant see the Yankees ever trading Cano...I can see them signing the best second basemen in MLB though. Lets just say this. If Cano was on lets say the Phillies and he hit FA everyone in this forum would be praying the Yankees sign him...

And if the yankees let him walk who the heck will replace him? Yeah ok we have a rook that could but his D is knowwhere near Cano level and his hitting... lmao!
    No we wouldn't.

Do you realize his extension kicks in at almost 32 years old? This for a guy that has hit 30hr's ONCE despite playing in Yankee stadium, a guy who's career high OBP is .381 and never steals a bag. This is not the ELITE player everyone is making him out to be.

In the non steroid ERA guys usually start regressing and becoming more susceptible to injuries at age 32,33. What if we give this guy 8/200 and he plays 2 great years then at 34 starts getting hurt all the time like Arod? You're stuck paying him $25m+ through almost 40!

Again if Wright signs for $19m, why is Cano worth $25m? Just because he plays 2b? Does anyone really think its smart to be paying a 36-39 year old Cano $25m+? Just for a few more years of good hitting?

How does anyone think that's a good idea after seeing Arod regress?

8. 01-16-2013, 03:56 PM
    Reason
    Insulting

vCash
    The problem with trading Cano is his value is not very high due to the fact that it will only be a 1 year rental. It will drop even lower once the season starts because the target team would not even get draft pick compensation anymore.

The problem with this cano situation is: what is the Yankee Plan? We know the Yanks don't like to negotiate extentions to players under contract... and if the Yanks don't like it, Scott Boras just won't go there. So that is not going to happen.

The problem for us is simply the just not knowing... if the yanks really want him back, they can make sure they have him back. I think he will be resigned... at the expense of Granderson, Pettitte, Kuroda, DJ...etc There is enough $$$ coming off the books without him to resign him. Now what the actual Yankee plan is is all that remains to be seen.

vCash
    When Bob is locked in, he might be the best player I ever saw not named Bonds.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Trade him.

David Wright has put up very similar career numbers, he got 19.7m per year. That's what I would pay Cano 6/120m. But we all know that's not going to be good enough for Boras, even if we went 6/140. And we all know Cano isn't going to give the mighty rich Yankees a discount.

So do you really pay him say 7/175? Knowing that he might give you 2-4 great years and then could become another Arod? Players can go into a fast decline at around 32-33 years old without PED's.

And lastly, Cano is a great hitter, but he's never been a true ELITE all around player like Arod, Pujols, Cabrera...etc... Those guys might be worth $25m, but Cano's value lies more around $20m.
    Agreed. Trade him, stock the farm and the team with some young major-league ready talent, and stop tying up so much money in single position players. Aside from 2009, we see that this model does not build WS winning teams.

vCash
    I can't wait until November.....then we can finally say goodbyes to Pettitte, Kuroda, Granderson, Cano, Rivera, Youk and every other free agent....

The organization can start to replant with some new fresh faces that hopefully someday they will lead the Yanks to a Championship!

Brian should go for broke with the best available players with 1 year deal and avoid making stupid trades until David Price and Giancarlo Stanton are made available....Sometime in Dec the Rays and Marlins will be asking for the leagues best prospects and by then our pool should be ready....
    Nick

vCash
    He will re-sign. Don't forget, we have quite a bit of money coming off the books. With Granderson, and most likely Mo and Pettitte coming off the books, and probably Youk and long shot of Jeter, although I think he will be back for the 2014 season. Who knows what happens with Kuroda, but I don't think he returns next year either. With the Cano situation though, I wouldn't expect to see money being blown in every direction. He is not getting 10/200 million, I just can't see a team that stupid to lock up a second baseman in his early 30's for that long. Everyone knows that contract is an immediate fail. I could see a David Wright type contract though.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees
    78-74

G: 136 | AVG: .250| HR: 4| RBI: 40| OBP: .299 | SLG: .303 | wOBA: .273 | wRC: 69

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees90. View Post
    He will re-sign. Don't forget, we have quite a bit of money coming off the books. With Granderson, and most likely Mo and Pettitte coming off the books, and probably Youk and long shot of Jeter, although I think he will be back for the 2014 season. Who knows what happens with Kuroda, but I don't think he returns next year either. With the Cano situation though, I wouldn't expect to see money being blown in every direction. He is not getting 10/200 million, I just can't see a team that stupid to lock up a second baseman in his early 30's for that long. Everyone knows that contract is an immediate fail. I could see a David Wright type contract though.
    I agree with this message!!

vCash
    LOL at all the yankee fans who think HR are life...

also one of you want all our best players gone, sign a whole bunch of 1 year (who the fk are you going to get for 1 year thats worth a damn) contracts and hopefully win a championship some day...lmfao...Lets see what you will be posting when the Yankees are a bottom feeder team getting beat 5 days a week....

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash
    Also the last 3 or 4 years hasnt Cano been in the top 3 or 4 for MVP voting?

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast