Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    vCash
    [QUOTE=Webslinger;25212376]If you measure a GM's competency by how many checks he signs and how many hundreds of millions of dollars he spends in order to get to the post season then Cashman is your man. I won't argue that. However, if this is all he does then couldn't they get a janitor to do the same thing? A janitor can signs checks and make no brainer signings, and a janitor can trade Jesus Montero for a pitcher with arm problems, bad mechanics, and almost no major league experience past one season.

Kind of an insult to janitors there 'Slinger. My friend Carl's a janitor and he wouldn't trade his best mop for Pineda, let alone his best hitting prospect

vCash
    The Yankee Leadership is extremely weak at this point in time and they are in the process of ruining the brand, which was in recent years at an all time high. That said, the Yankees will bungle this situation like most of the others in the past couple of years. Cano will walk and the Yankees will get a nice draft pick, which they will also waste. Keep in mind, I'm actually a Yankee fan. I've lost confidence and much interest in Yankee goings on and I can actually say I don't really care what they do at this point. I think I'll root for the Pirates this year. Time to buy a new Pittsburgh hat, my old one is toast. Maybe the Pirates will get Cano, he's like a modern day Clemente too. Smooooth

vCash
    [QUOTE=wildbill69;25214816]
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    If you measure a GM's competency by how many checks he signs and how many hundreds of millions of dollars he spends in order to get to the post season then Cashman is your man. I won't argue that. However, if this is all he does then couldn't they get a janitor to do the same thing? A janitor can signs checks and make no brainer signings, and a janitor can trade Jesus Montero for a pitcher with arm problems, bad mechanics, and almost no major league experience past one season.

Kind of an insult to janitors there 'Slinger. My friend Carl's a janitor and he wouldn't trade his best mop for Pineda, let alone his best hitting prospect
    Out of touch opinion formed in hindsight. Any knowledgeable fan would gladly applaud their GM for trading a guy who doesn't work hard and can't catch or play any position even at D- aptitude level unless he could tear the cover off the ball and hit for high average and rbi levels....making him a C plus prospect at best, for a B pitcher who is young, strong and put in a full season with some upside. Nobody know the guy would get injured man. c'mon, gimme a break

vCash

If you measure a GM's competency by how many checks he signs and how many hundreds of millions of dollars he spends in order to get to the post season then Cashman is your man. I won't argue that. However, if this is all he does then couldn't they get a janitor to do the same thing? A janitor can signs checks and make no brainer signings, and a janitor can trade Jesus Montero for a pitcher with arm problems, bad mechanics, and almost no major league experience past one season.
    Cashman has been ok as far as what he's done, I fault higher level leadership. George was a champ, these new guys are chumps...they let Chapman, Cespedes and Darvish go without a fight and the other Cuban kid, (the one with more upside than Cespe) also. George was a risk taker (see Irabu for proof he didn't always hit it on the head) and without El Duque and Matsui, NY doesn't win some championships boys. It all starts at the top. or, in this case, doesn't. I miss George being around.

I think I'd rather have the combination of Nelson Cruz, Neftali Feliz, Josh Hamilton, and Matt Harrison as my footnotes than Boone Logan, Austin Kearns, Jonathan Albaladejo, Jeff Weaver, Javier Vazquez, and Michael Pineda.
    Don't forget though, how many of these dudes can hack it in NY Hamilton't head would implode after the first time he whiffed with the bases loaded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatskillKid View Post

Out of touch opinion formed in hindsight. Any knowledgeable fan would gladly applaud their GM for trading a guy who doesn't work hard and can't catch or play any position even at D- aptitude level unless he could tear the cover off the ball and hit for high average and rbi levels....making him a C plus prospect at best, for a B pitcher who is young, strong and put in a full season with some upside. Nobody know the guy would get injured man. c'mon, gimme a break
    I practically quoted my thoughts from the day the trade was made, so your accusation is rather pointless. It is rather everyone else on here who takes pride in their evaluation of trades after the fact. I suspect you're one of them. Considering the high probability of burnout for young pitchers, Pineda's bad mechanics and past arm problems, it only stood to reason that trading a high commodity like Montero for Pineda was a bad risk. Any "knowledgeable" fan would have known this, which is why I am always in the extreme minority on here.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    i agree with webslinger even though i disagree on many of his points i agreed at the time of the montero trade it was just an awful move to make

vCash
    You might as well add the lack of a definitive third pitch to the list as well.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    But he was an ALL-STAR!!!

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    I practically quoted my thoughts from the day the trade was made, so your accusation is rather pointless. It is rather everyone else on here who takes pride in their evaluation of trades after the fact. I suspect you're one of them. Considering the high probability of burnout for young pitchers, Pineda's bad mechanics and past arm problems, it only stood to reason that trading a high commodity like Montero for Pineda was a bad risk. Any "knowledgeable" fan would have known this, which is why I am always in the extreme minority on here.
    Slinger.....I'm hurt.

And so, a new era begins.....

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112