Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Yup, never. When you trade Mike Lowell for Ed Yarnall, you don't make up for it by getting Shawn Chacon. When Cashman refuses to trade Joba for Dan Haren, it doesn't get made up for by acquiring Kerry Wood. Sorry, but the scales don't somehow evened out whenever Cashman gets a tiny return on a trade or transaction after committing numerous boneheaded disasters. Even the players you named are completely laughable. If anyone were to put that on their resume after a 14-15 year career he'd be laughed out of town.
    When I look at Cashman's resume, I see good and bad, but mostly he has done what it takes to assemble a playoff team that has a chance to compete for a championship every year.

vCash
    I find it funny that people think Adams is going to fill in.

When they see his defense and all the missed opportunities and all the double plays we are use to seeing Cano make they will wish we still had Cano.

When they see his offense they will only be able to laugh with tears of wanting Cano back. He will be lucky to hit over .200 over 10hr over 45 RBI.

Hal will not take much of that so we will go on the market looking for a 2b that can hit.

And the funny thing will be that we let the best one in MLB go.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    When I look at Cashman's resume, I see good and bad, but mostly he has done what it takes to assemble a playoff team that has a chance to compete for a championship every year.
    No, when I see John Daniel's resume I see good and bad. When Daniels trades Soriano and Adrian Gonzalez for scraps he makes up for it by getting Nelson Cruz in another trade. When he trades John Danks for Brandon McCarthy he balances that out later on by acquiring Josh Hamilton. His resume contains a balanced list of good and bad trades and transactions. This is what separates the good gms from the bad ones. The bad ones consistently trade away valuable commodities only to get back junk in return. This ranges anywhere from players who can't do anything right to ones who are useful for a short period, but aren't good enough to be offered an extension. Even Cashman's FA signings are overwhelmingly bad. The only exceptions as far as long term impact on the team were Mussina and CC.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    No, when I see John Daniel's resume I see good and bad. When Daniels trades Soriano and Adrian Gonzalez for scraps he makes up for it by getting Nelson Cruz in another trade. When he trades John Danks for Brandon McCarthy he balances that out later on by acquiring Josh Hamilton. His resume contains a balanced list of good and bad trades and transactions. This is what separates the good gms from the bad ones. The bad ones consistently trade away valuable commodities only to get back junk in return. This ranges anywhere from players who can't do anything right to ones who are useful for a short period, but aren't good enough to be offered an extension. Even Cashman's FA signings are overwhelmingly bad. The only exceptions as far as long term impact on the team were Mussina and CC.
    Hideki Matsui says konnichiwa.

Daniels has as many misses as hits, and some of his hits might even be called accidental. Nelson Cruz was a footnote to the Carlos Lee trade. And the primary target of the Teixeira trade was Saltalamacchia - not Andrus, Feliz, and Harrison.

vCash
    Hideki Matsui says konnichiwa.

Daniels has as many misses as hits, and some of his hits might even be called accidental. Nelson Cruz was a footnote to the Carlos Lee trade. And the primary target of the Teixeira trade was Saltalamacchia - not Andrus, Feliz, and Harrison.
    Cashman only wishes he had one "footnote" much less the multiple "footnotes" in Daniels's relatively short career as a GM.

CC, Mussina and Matsui in 14 years as GM. Congrats!
    Last edited by Webslinger; 01-24-2013 at 09:10 PM.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

vCash
    Deleted

vCash
    its not going to be a problem they will keep him
    MLB Stadiums: 12-30
    Sorry everyone i am a POOR SPELLER

Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    I can't believe people think he is on roids. You must be the same people that actually think OJ Simpson was guilty.

vCash
    "Never"? Off the top of my head....

A-Rod for Soriano with Texas paying a big chunk of A-Rod's salary?

Bobby Abreu acquired for basically nothing.

Kerry Wood acquired for basically nothing.

Shawn Chacon acquired for two non-prospects

Swisher acquired for Betemit....
    The problem slick I have with this is that there are many citizens of this fine community who like to excuse (present company excluded, of course) many of the Cashman mistakes as Steinbrenner meddling and that double standard cannot be used truthfully.

I would submit that Abreau falls into that category.

I'll give you Swisher based on his ability to produce in the waning summer months when other guys start to fatigue and slack. Swisher's main value for this franchise imo was to literally pick guys up during their lean offensive cycles.

Cashman has made many, many, many mistakes for which most everyone continues to turn a blind and rose-colorred eye to.

As an executive manager of personnel and licensing revenue he is top notch.

As an evaluator of baseball talent and a guy tasked with developing and implementing a franchise vision he is far, far below average imo.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Yup, never. When you trade Mike Lowell for Ed Yarnall, you don't make up for it by getting Shawn Chacon. When Cashman refuses to trade Joba for Dan Haren, it doesn't get made up for by acquiring Kerry Wood. Sorry, but the scales don't somehow evened out whenever Cashman gets a tiny return on a trade or transaction after committing numerous boneheaded disasters. Even the players you named are completely laughable. If anyone were to put that on their resume after a 14-15 year career he'd be laughed out of town.
    Or Pineda for Montero.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Cashman only wishes he had one "footnote" much less the multiple "footnotes" in Daniels's relatively short career as a GM.
    Boone Logan.

Daniels is the 8th most senior GM so he's had a long career, relative to other current GMs.

vCash
    Daniels has a boatload of rings......

Oh.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Or Pineda for Montero.
    Based on the facts at the time of that trade...I make that trade every single time. Montero did not exactly light it up last year, and his ceiling is a below average catcher, with a great bat. Translation will move to DH soon. Pineda was an All Star flame throwing pitcher who would turn 22 at the start of the season.

What trades has Cashman made that were so bad? You fault him for not moving Joba, guess what you would probably have killed him for making that deal at the time it was considered.

I think Cashman has done a remarkable job. Given the team's situation. Last year look at the moves.

Ichiro for Crap - Clearly that trade put us over the top, Seattle paid most of his contract
    Kuroda - 1 Year deal (most consistent Pitcher)
    Raul Ibanez (cheap 1 year deal)

This year he has managed his cash correctly. When he attacked the free agent market, he chose the right year (2009 and won a championship). In 2010 and 2012 we went to the ALCS. How much more can the guy do? Every year he gets players to fill in. But he is horrible. There is little he has done that upsets me. While I would have went after Liriano, and matched Pittsburgh's offer on Martin, that is about it. I like the short-term deals for Youkliss, Kurdoa and Pettitte...along side the w-year signing of Ichiro. I also like the non-signings of Swisher,Hamilton and Greinke. Guys who I believe will perform well below expectations (especially in NY).

vCash
    I agree with Bob. I have always liked Cashman. We are in contention every year for 20 years....

What else do u want? So spoiled, we are.

But I still love Sauron.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Daniels has a boatload of rings......

Oh.
    Daniels - genius - 0 rings

Sabean - idiot - 2 rings

vCash
    While Cashman has done a good job with getting the team to the playoffs every year you have to look at the fact that he has also had the most money to spend every year too.

Cashman does a good job with the older veteran guys on short deals. But shouldn't a team that has had the highest payroll for the last decade not have to rely on these old guys as much as this team does? I mean our whole offseason this year depended on a bunch of 40 year olds signing and our season next year depends on those 40 year olds to produce. I'll probably be called out for saying the sky is falling for bringing up 2014 but the team is in a pretty ****** position right now. The only new player they've brought in this year is Kevin Youkilis. The scary thing is 2013 might be the last year they will really be in a decent spot to contend.

A team with the most resources for the last decade should really not be in this position at all. Maybe thats me being spoiled to expect a more competent running of the team but so be it.

And I've never been a Cashman basher hating on every move he's made, I've actually been a fan of his before the last couple years.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast