Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    i just can't see the yankees trading him, Granderson maybe, but not cano, i know he isn't young, but compared to this roster he is. and what will the yankees be running out there with him gone, if he leaves then the yankees are basically saying they aren't going to compete in 2013 or 2014.
    will his demands and other teams willing to pay it, i can't see him not being traded.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    thats the thing i don'te get. people are up in arms abotu lessening the payroll. look at the free agents we are missing, are there really that many we are pissed at losing. the huge spending has gotten us next to nowhere, you dont need payroll that high to win
    Exactly, outside of Hamilton and Greinke, this has been a weak FA market, even Mike Napoli got 3/39.

Weak FA market this year and next year. And who knows with 2015, since teams are getting smart and locking up there stars young, before they even hit FA.

Something this team doesn't do..and should. Especially if they are trying to cut payroll.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 01-17-2013 at 12:36 PM.

vCash
    Napoli just got bounced to 1/5m.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Exactly, outside of Hamilton and Greinke, this has been a weak FA market, even Mike Napoli got 3/39.

Weak FA market this year and next year. And who knows with 2015, since teams are getting smart and locking up there stars young, before they even hit FA.

Something this team doesn't do..and should. Especially if they are trying to cut payroll.
    Napoli ended up getting 1 year/$5M.

The problem to me isn't that the Yankees aren't active in the elite free agents this offseason like Hamilton, Greinke, etc.. who ended up getting huge money. You can't get too upset about that since they got huge money.

The problem is they apparently have no money to spend on any areas. They are non-existant with the decent guys out there because of money besides Youkilis apparently. They could have had Pierzynski for 7M for a year. They are apparently not interested in taking on Upton's contract. I mean Napoli just ended up signing for $5M.

There's plenty of moves they could make that weren't the elite guys. Instead they are going into the season with 3 back-up catchers competing for the starting C job and Russ Canzler as their DH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Napoli just got bounced to 1/5m.
    Haha really? I haven't checked my twitter yet..

lolol..

Did he fail his physical?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Haha really? I haven't checked my twitter yet..

lolol..

Did he fail his physical?
    Yes. Hip.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Instead they are going into the season with 3 back-up catchers competing for the starting C job and Russ Canzler as their DH.
    We haven't finished adding old guys to our lineup yet. We will find one or two of them before opening day. Canzler will not be the DH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Yes. Hip.
    In other words, we could have had a guy who hit .227 last year and who doesn't play any positions well and who has a bad hip all for just 5M? We missed out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    In other words, we could have had a guy who hit .227 last year and who doesn't play any positions well and who has a bad hip all for just 5M? We missed out.
    .227 with a decent OBP and 24 HRs for a team sorely lacking RH power and with no DH or catcher. Napoli would have fit here.

vCash
    .227 with a decent OBP and 24 HRs for a team sorely lacking RH power and with no DH or catcher. Napoli would have fit here.
    No, because whoever the Yanks get to start the season at DH, needs to be able to play defense when A-Rod comes back. Either because A-Rod will be the DH, or Youk will be doing that.

vCash
    The Yankees should worry about the (at least) 4 months of the season when A-Rod won't be there.

vCash
    I don't think Napoli was a fit, not for 5M+. If the Yankees didn't want Posada to catch and didn't want Pierzynski, there's no reason to think they would have acquired Napoli to catch, which means his only use to them would have been as a RH DH (basically the Andruw Jones role). His price tag would have been higher than 5M since two teams would have been bidding against each other, and Boston probably guarantees him more playing time (he'll be their starting 1B, I assume), so he might not have chosen the Yankees over the Red Sox if he'd had the choice.

vCash
    The Yankees should worry about the (at least) 4 months of the season when A-Rod won't be there.
    they should worry more when he's back and in the line up everyday but still sucks
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    There seems to be this assumption that ARod will definitely be back this season and that Youk will stay healthy. I can't see both of those things happening

vCash
    Arod will not play this year.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast