Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Broncos Fire DB Coach Ron Milus, Hire Cory Undlin

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...oach-ron-milus

Three days after surrendering a game-tying 70-yard touchdown in the waning seconds of regulation in a 38-35 double overtime defeat to the Baltimore Ravens, the Broncos fired DB coach Ron Milus on Tuesday according to the Denver Post.

Broncos S Rahim Moore was beaten by Ravens WR Jacoby Jones on a fly route down the right sidelines with 0:31 left in the fourth quarter. Moore was unable to bat down the high, deep pass. Afterward, a disconsolate Moore took responsibility for the loss.

"The loss, it was my fault," Moore said. “It was pathetic, my fault. Next time, I'll make that play."

Ravens QB Joe Flacco went 4 of 7 with three touchdowns on throws of 20 yards or longer, according to ESPN Stats & Info. Entering last Saturday's game, the Broncos allowed only three such touchdowns the entire season. Denver allowed 39 receptions of 20 yards or more in the regular season, fifth-least of any team in the NFL.

The Broncos finished third against the pass (199.6 yards per game) in 2012, after they ranked 18th in the category a year earlier. Milus, who spent two seasons with Denver coach John Fox in Carolina, joined the Broncos' coaching staff in 2011.

Milus just completed his 13th season as an assistant coach in the NFL. He served in a similar capacity with the Broncos (2000-02), before he coached the secondaries with the Cardinals (2003), Giants (2004-05) and Rams (2006-08).
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    I don't really see why this was done. The broncos had a solid secondary throughout the season...hell most of their sacks came via coverage sacks (and Von Miller being Von Miller).

I guess somebody had to pay for that mistake..

vCash
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...8-6a040ce0d94e

Cory Undlin has been named the team's secondary coach after Ron Milus' contract was not renewed.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Cory Undlin has been named the Broncos' new secondary coach.
    Former Secondary Coach Ron Milus' contract was not renewed by the club.
    “Cory Undlin is an experienced defensive backs coach who has great familiarity with that role as well as our players and concepts,” Head Coach John Fox said. “He has coached the position with multiple NFL teams, including under Jack Del Rio with the Jaguars. I am confident he will be a great fit and get the most out of our secondary.
    “I appreciate all of Ron Milus’ hard work and wish him the best.”
    The 2012 season was Undlin's first with the Broncos, and he spent the campaign as the club's defensive quality control coach. He helped the defense post the largest defensive scoring improvement in the NFL (6.3 points per game) while finishing with a No. 2 overall ranking (No. 3 against the rush and No. 3 against the pass).
    Undlin is a coaching veteran of nine NFL seasons and has previously served as a defensive backs coach with the Jacksonville Jaguars -- under current Broncos Defensive Coordinator Jack Del Rio -- and the Cleveland Browns.
    In addition, Unlin has been a defensive assistant with the Jaguars and New England Patriots. His other titles have included secondary/assistant special teams coach and quality control-defense with the Browns.
    In his last season as a secondary coach -- 2011 -- Unlin's defensive backs allowed just two individual 300-yard passers to tie for the fourth fewest in the NFL in addition to surrendering only 43 pass plays of 20-plus yards, which tied for second in the league.
    Undlin began his coaching career at his alma mater, California Lutheran University, where he coached linebackers from 1998-99 before being promoted to defensive coordinator in 2000. From 2002-03 he served as a graduate assistant at Fresno State University working with the school's secondary.
    2/3 of the world is covered by water, the other 1/3 is covered by

CHAMP BAILEY!!

vCash
    Worked with JDR and his former defenses. We'll take it, I suppose.

Got him within the system...I wonder if that concepts continues for OC.

vCash
    Vic Lombardi
    ‏@VicLombardi
    An NFL source told me a few weeks ago to expect changes to the Broncos coaching staff. Communication issues between Milus and DB's.
    makes some sense now..

vCash
    yeah it would be stupid to fire someone over 1 game

vCash
    We need champ to play safty, #1 Need is Cornerbacks, and more pass rushers.
    Last edited by Denver-boy; 01-16-2013 at 05:17 AM.

ROCK NATION!