Follow us on Twitter

vCash

PC - Mass Effect 3

Anyone play on here?

vCash
    it not on steam is it?

Introducing the Eagles O-Line

vCash
    Nah only on Origin, EA's own distribution service..... or on disc.

vCash
    yeah just Origin which isnt half bad itself...

i used to be a pretty hardcore gamer lol.... but im old school

vCash
    I played it beginning in last March off and on through October. Haven't opened it for a while now, but definitely one of the best games I've ever played.

And yes, I am on PC.

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

vCash
    Play it a lot on XBox still, but not PC. There's rumors about one more MP DLC coming out, too.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Anyone get the Omega DLC? I purchased the first expansion, but am yet to look into the more recent one.

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."

vCash
    yeah im looking for more people that play it on PC down to play at all boozer?

i got a ventrilo server too

vCash
    I know we're on different systems, but what have you guys managed to unlock as far as banners go?

This is my manifest where you can see everything I've unlocked.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Sadly I haven't gotten any banners lol

Damn son u play a lot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    Sadly I haven't gotten any banners lol

Damn son u play a lot
    Yeah, it's still probably the game I play the most.

So this game has been out for a long time now, in video game terms, and it looks like BioWare is getting ready to release the biggest DLC for it yet, and apparently it will be free.

New single-player missions, new multiplayer characters, maps, hazard maps, and new-to-multiplayer weapons, as well as a new multiplayer game mode.

Say what you will about the MP and the ending of the SP campaign, but BioWare has supported the hell out of the MP for this, and all for free.
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    yeah im looking for more people that play it on PC down to play at all boozer?

i got a ventrilo server too
    Yeah, I would consider it if I see you on. I'll PM you my origin ID. Feel free to add me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Yeah, it's still probably the game I play the most.

So this game has been out for a long time now, in video game terms, and it looks like BioWare is getting ready to release the biggest DLC for it yet, and apparently it will be free.

New single-player missions, new multiplayer characters, maps, hazard maps, and new-to-multiplayer weapons, as well as a new multiplayer game mode.

Say what you will about the MP and the ending of the SP campaign, but BioWare has supported the hell out of the MP for this, and all for free.
    SPOILERS::

Which ending do you think is best and do you believe in the Indoctrination Theory?

First time through I rushed it and vaporized everyone... I was depressed as hell about it... I had a panic attack during the credits.

Then I found out about control, synthesis, and non-vaporize destroy and had no idea which way I wanted to end it...

1) I came to appreciate totally vaporized as it's probably what was most likely to happen (Organics toying with things they had no idea how to handle and an honorable soldier doing the right thing only to eradicate all life in the galaxy doing so.) It's also kind of beautiful to think everyone died and ended up in the afterlife together like Garus had suggested in your final conversation with him.

The galactic life that was left would have been sent back to the dark ages which would explain why the old man and kid in the final scene were seemingly living in remoteness- perhaps organics could never reach the apex they had before without the relays in operation?

2) Control actually seems kind of beautiful with the extended ending... organics keep their form and Shepard's soul inhabits the Reapers for the benefit of Organics. Shepard watches over the survivors and is remembered as the one who tamed the Reapers for the benefit of the entire galaxy.
    It also adds in a bit of a twist as it was basically Shepard's way of admitting the illusive man was correct and Cerebus actually ended up being the good guys in all of this... on the other hand it's impossible to say Shepard wouldn't have ended up coming to the same conclusion the Reapers did about organics and the cycle wouldn't have been restarted.
    -The old man and kid are explained at the end as people living on a remote planet in peace- a peace made possible by Shepard's control of the Reapers.
    -The old man and kid are at the beginning of a new cycle far, far, into the future after Shepard completed another round of harvesting advanced organics.

3) Synthesis... would have brought the galaxy to a whole new level and a piece of Shepard would have lived inside of all beings forever. No harvesting, no chaos, total enlightenment, but no freedom or individuality. This would have been ironic because it was Saren's idea but it was probably the best solution for the galaxy as a collective... the reason I don't like it is because it goes against what the game was all about to me- free will.
    -The old man and kid can be explained as synthetics living in peace in the future... telling the story of the one who made them the way they were.

4) Indoctrination... everything after the beam hit is a dream, Anderson represents Shepard's resistance to it and the illusive man the indoctrinated part of his mind. All sequences with the kid from the start of the game were illusions and a way to break Shepard's will. Scare him into picking control or synthesis because it was the only way to stop the chaos of children dying... it was the Reapers last ditch effort to get him to do what they wanted.
    -Explains why Shepard lives if you beat the game with 4000+ military strength and pick destroy (he never ascends to the Citadel and awakens in the rubble of London) and explains why the old man tells the kid he'll tell him 1 more story about Shepard- leaves the door open for ME4.

I still don't know which one I like best... I think they're all great.

Really didn't get the ending hate.

I'm curious where you stand on the endings?
    Last edited by whitesoxfan83; 02-03-2013 at 04:48 PM.
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

vCash
    yeah just Origin which isnt half bad itself...

i used to be a pretty hardcore gamer lol.... but im old school
    Dude...Origin is horrible!

vCash
    I don't get the Origin hate... Sure, it's bad for those who use Steam. Aside from that, I don't mind it. Have to accept change.