Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Claude Giroux is Named Flyers Captain

"Obviously, this is a huge honor," Giroux said. "There have been a lot of great captains here in the past. Along with this comes a lot of responsibility which I am prepared for. Being named captain is not really going to change the way I play on the ice and act off the ice. But I am very excited about this opportunity."

What do You guys think. Saw on twitter

lol bryz

vCash
    Not a bad choice, do you know what's going on with Pronger? Like how long is he supposed to be out for or could he be retiring?

vCash
    I find it interesting that teams are naming the younger guys all the time to be captains.

Its pretty routine for guys with less than 3-4 years expierence becoming captain.

I think its a relatively meaningless title but still an interesting trend.

I do think perhaps its more fair to give it to more veteran guys.

vCash
    Age doesn't really matter for me. Whoever leads the team best gets it, whether that be a second year player or a 15 year vet.

Oh and Pronger is probably done
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    I guess so but I find it hard to imagine all these young players really are the best leaders on their teams. I think its alot of marquee attention just to give it to the best player on the team.

Should Ovechkin really be a captain for example?

Should Vincent Lecavalier had been captain at like 19?

EDIT: To be clear I don't know really that much about Giroux's leadership capabilities and this isn't directed at him. I'm just making a general comment in a relevant thread.
    Last edited by jrice9; 01-15-2013 at 08:41 PM.

vCash
    I think this should be in the Flyers forum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Good for Giroux, guys a beast and thats coming from an Islander fan.

vCash
    No brainer here as he was their leader last year on and off the ice, he's the future of the team and a top 4 player in the league, Philly has something special in Giroux if he can keep from getting hitting in the head.

vCash
    Happy to see him get the C, he is one of the best 5 players in hockey. Hopefully he can get to even more elite levels.

vCash
    Not a bad choice, do you know what's going on with Pronger? Like how long is he supposed to be out for or could he be retiring?

vCash
    Hate him but he deserves. Congrats I suppose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    I guess so but I find it hard to imagine all these young players really are the best leaders on their teams. I think its alot of marquee attention just to give it to the best player on the team.

Should Ovechkin really be a captain for example?

Should Vincent Lecavalier had been captain at like 19?

EDIT: To be clear I don't know really that much about Giroux's leadership capabilities and this isn't directed at him. I'm just making a general comment in a relevant thread.
    Landeskog is the youngest captain ever. I think its overshadowed by him playing on a bad team but still...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Landeskog is the youngest captain ever. I think its overshadowed by him playing on a bad team but still...
    You like the rockies you must watch the Av's alot too. I live in Colorado as of now and watch both teams. Do you think Landeskog diserved that captain spot? I think Statsny got the boot man. He's always been one of those better underrated centers in the NHL and the Av's have been trying to trade him, all the rumors over the years. I truely think he was more of a leader on that Av team but we don't know what goes on in there lockerroom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    Agreed
    Because the NHL forum is so active...

Good for giroux, don't know if he is a vocal leader but he seems like a leader by example

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast