Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    and why exactly do you infere that im ignorant to stats?

I just have kept track of how Hollingers **** predictions ends up being wrong time after time after time after time after time for the last few years.
    That's funny because Hollinger has been proven to have the most accurate predictions. And if you'd like to know the rate, it's 92 percent.

Stop with the selective memory.

vCash
    Most people who don't like Hollinger don't like him because what his work says and stats suggest doesn't support what they want to hear. Kobe/Lakers fans often tend to be major culprits of this.

Hollinger doesn't hate your favorite player or your favorite team...but his stats (which attempt to have no bias) might.

Hollinger also knows that stats do indeed only tell part of the story. He understands how analytics are valuable, but his knowledge of the game far exceeds that as well.

He's not going to be looking to move players simply because their PER sucks...there's far more to it and he knows it. Most people supporting Hollins here don't get that. It's more than just "advanced stats".
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    1 Hollinger is a Moron ( enough proof now mr Chronz that it was hollinger who started the thing?).
    I dont see where the coach talks about the financial side of the deal so no.

2 In general i agree with hollings, there is MUCH more than stats to basketball.
    Hollinger agrees with that as well

3 In the SPECIFIC case of GAY, i have to give the reason to the moron hollinger, gay is overpayed and overatted as hell.
    So your saying the moron is right and the coach is wrong? WTF?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Most people who don't like Hollinger don't like him because what his work says and stats suggest doesn't support what they want to hear. Kobe/Lakers fans often tend to be major culprits of this.

Hollinger doesn't hate your favorite player or your favorite team...but his stats (which attempt to have no bias) might.

Hollinger also knows that stats do indeed only tell part of the story. He understands how analytics are valuable, but his knowledge of the game far exceeds that as well.

He's not going to be looking to move players simply because their PER sucks...there's far more to it and he knows it. Most people supporting Hollins here don't get that. It's more than just "advanced stats".
    Curious you mention this because his numbers actually Raise Pau and Take Kobe Down.

and i STILL dont like him nor believe hi,.
    ]

vCash
    You are all too stuck on the immediate short term.

The Grizz aren't going to give Gay away, but for the right package, like what that Washington trade could have been, they'd be foolish not to.

Yes, they'd see a small drop off this year (I'm not even convinced bc of how inefficient he can be), but in the long run trading him, assuming the get the right package, is a smart move.
    A short term setback could represent 2 or 3 seasons but with players like Tony Allen & Zach Randolph are 30+ and wanting to be on a contender to finish out their remaining years. What would they be waiting for? With this current core thats been together for 4 seasons now its either going to be this season when you reach a Championship or you blow it all up to cut down on an investment that isn't paying off. Try to retool and compete again with OKC and LA with a new identity in a few seasons.

In the long run you're not just trading Rudy Gay but losing Randolph, Allen, & definetly Hollins.

I posted above that Hollinger is there to transition Memphis out of their trademarked Grindhouse style of play into a new era that is reflective of what ownership wants the team to be. It just amazes me a guy we all poked fun at a basketball geek writing columns on ESPN holds an executive role more powerful than their GM Chris Wallace, according to the Memphis Commercial-Appeal.

vCash
    Curious you mention this because his numbers actually Raise Pau and Take Kobe Down.

and i STILL dont like him nor believe hi,.
    Well, you're usually always an outlier.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    A short term setback could represent 2 or 3 seasons but with players like Tony Allen & Zach Randolph are 30+ and wanting to be on a contender to finish out their remaining years. What would they be waiting for? With this current core thats been together for 4 seasons now its either going to be this season when you reach a Championship or you blow it all up to cut down on an investment that isn't paying off. Try to retool and compete again with OKC and LA with a new identity in a few seasons.

In the long run you're not just trading Rudy Gay but losing Randolph, Allen, & definetly Hollins.

I posted above that Hollinger is there to transition Memphis out of their trademarked Grindhouse style of play into a new era that is reflective of what ownership wants the team to be. It just amazes me a guy we all poked fun at a basketball geek writing columns on ESPN holds an executive role more powerful than their GM Chris Wallace, according to the Memphis Commercial-Appeal.
    And as a result you can be SURE that Marc Asks for a trade too.
    His brother did when they started gettig rid of competitive pieces like Battier.
    ]

vCash

I just support Hollins because I dont want to see this Grizzlies team broken up.

I think they're a very good team as they are.

He's had to replace crucial pieces like Battier & Mayo in consecutive seasons because the previous ownership didn't want to pay luxury taxes to have what would be the best team in the West right now.

If it were my money I'd keep that same core as Grizzlies until the day they retired or asked to leave because one of these years they would breakthrough and reach a NBA Finals just like that Pacers team in 2000.

vCash
    His brother did when they started gettig rid of competitive pieces like Battier.
    They might be forced to trade Marc anyways since he'll be a Free Agent not too long down the road.

I definetily envision him & Pau wanting to play together on the same NBA team one day.

Probably the most talented brothers to have ever played in the NBA or in International competition.

vCash
    and why exactly do you infere that im ignorant to stats?

I just have kept track of how Hollingers **** predictions ends up being wrong time after time after time after time after time for the last few years.
    How come I dont see you bashing Vegas odds? Or any other analysts? Not being able to accurately predict the future isn't a sign of intelligence. Thats how we know you dont understand stats

vCash
    Funny you mention that because it was the STAT guys who stole Battier.

Besides they traded Battier because Pau was injured and the team was obviously not contending.

vCash
    They might be forced to trade Marc anyways since he'll be a Free Agent not too long down the road.

I definetily envision him & Pau wanting to play together on the same NBA team one day.

Probably the most talented brothers to have ever played in the NBA or in International competition.
    Im pretty sure Marc just resigned, hes not going anywhere.

vCash

Mmm not sure if Gasols> Van Arsdales or Wilkins bros
    ]

vCash
    I guess where I differ with some is that I don't think trading Gay equates to "breaking up the Grizzlies".
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Im pretty sure Marc just resigned, hes not going anywhere.
    he has two more years after this if im not mistaken.

Thats around whn you have to deal your disgrutnled player and have leverage.

If they wait until the expiring year then the player has the " i wont sign back if you trade me to team x" leverage on the situation.
    ]

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast