Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm still trying to figure out when this Memphis team won a title.

And you have a top ten payroll, Hollins. Don't compare yourself to the A's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    He really isn't that good.
    What does that even mean?
    Do you ever watch the Grizzlies play? I cannot believe all the hate this dude gets on here.

vCash
    I imagine that is what happens, but why is it a bad thing to gauge interest during the season? And 18 ppg on average efficiency can be replaced. More looks inside, and whomever they acquire can get the rest.
    true
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    lololol at rudy gay being underrated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    It is not blowing it up. He is trying to improve. He is not rebuilding. Just retooling.
    That might be what they are thinking right now but ultimately it will be a blow up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyRandy View Post
    Do you ever watch the Grizzlies play? I cannot believe all the hate this dude gets on here.
    true i starting to notce it but its not even close to westbrook hate my goodness you would think westbrook ****ed these posters girls
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyRandy View Post
    yep, seen him play for years. He is a high volume scorer, who gets it on average efficiency. This year, actually well below average efficiency. He makes a lot of money, to be a replaceable wing scorer, on a team with a payroll that it won't be able to sustain.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I strongly agree with Hollins. Gay is overpaid, but he's not the only one in this league. I'm a huge believer in intangibles, Deng's PER is about 15 but if you take out Deng from the current Bulls, we'd be below .500 right now. Sometimes it's the little things that makes a huge difference on the court. Basketball players understand this, stats geeks don't.

vCash
    Then what is it about? Its about performing. A guy that doesn't get on a stat sheet doesn't help his team much. Am I Wrong? Rudy Gay is a good player, but damn all sports, stats are important.

vCash
    He should shoot less. Other than that, he is fine. Elite wing defender.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFTW View Post
    I strongly agree with Hollins. Gay is overpaid, but for he's not the only one in this league. I'm a huge believer in intangibles, Deng's PER is about 15 but if you take out Deng from the current Bulls, we'd be below .500 right now. Sometimes it's the little things that makes a huge difference on the court. Basketball players understand this, stats geeks don't.
    But Deng's value is more than just throwing up 15 shots a night. He is a capable shut down defender. Look, nobody is saying Gay isn't important to his teams play. What this situation is about, is the Grizz are not the Lakers or Knicks. They can't afford to just pay huge luxury taxes, the ones that will be coming for "repeat offenders" in the new CBA. They need to cut bait. Gay is the low hanging fruit.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Well, that's because of lack of depth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFTW View Post
    I strongly agree with Hollins. Gay is overpaid, but he's not the only one in this league. I'm a huge believer in intangibles, Deng's PER is about 15 but if you take out Deng from the current Bulls, we'd be below .500 right now. Sometimes it's the little things that makes a huge difference on the court. Basketball players understand this, stats geeks don't.
    Deng's best contributions are on the defensive end, and anybody with any knowledge of stats knows that PER is both limited overall and almost entirely useless as a defensive gauge. There are far more predictive stats for a players worth, and Deng's show well on the defensive end.

Anyway, like I've said for years, it's a mix of high knowledge of both court/player feel and the right understanding of stats that ends up in the best situation for the team.

But your PER argument is dumb. There's nobody in the league, even Hollinger himself, making decisions based solely off of someones PER.

vCash
    I imagine that is what happens, but why is it a bad thing to gauge interest during the season? And 18 ppg on average efficiency can be replaced. More looks inside, and whomever they acquire can get the rest.
    Its not about subtracting his PPG on X% and replacing it with PPG on Y%. Its about the dynamic he provides to the team that they need going against guys like Durant/LeBron. These are things stats won't tell you but obviously the coach recognizes it.

I understand the salary argument though, Hollins is thinking like a coach, owner is thinking like a guy who pays the bills. Hollins himself admitted he's rarely ever spoken a word to the new owner so I wouldn't be surprised if he's not privvy to the upper management gameplan with the team they just bought. Hollins might not even be part of that gameplan.

I think its a shame, this team could get hot a make a run at the finals. They beat SA a couple years back and took OKC to 7 without Gay. As a coach I am sure these reports make him sick to his stomach.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Rudy Gay is the way overpaid version of Andre Iguodala
    Unleash the Mamba!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast