Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB View Post
    we need to let rudy play this season out. It could be a great season in memphis if they just let it be
    Could be better if they move him for pieces that compliment your two best players.

vCash
    This post was just embarrassing..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    The advanced stat crew came in full force to take up for their god Hollinger. When In actuality, ADVANCED STATS HAVE NO PLACE IN BASKETBALL!!!!! I mean, just reading the first page you see all the advanced stat crew saying Gay is overrated, just to make Holinger not look like an *******. One guy even said that Lionel Hollins doesn't understand. Comical
    funny. The last handful of champions employ a staff of advanced statistic scouting. But I mean, sports don't evolve to someone like you, right? Might as well coach right out of Bill Sharman's book of basketball, it doesn't get any better, right?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Eventually, every team is going to have that matchup where it comes down to hitting tough shots in iso situations. Those 3 point shooters and ball movers aren't getting clean looks against every team in this league. If you rely on double teams in the post there will be bigs who don't need a double. If you rely on pick and rolls collapsing the D there will be teams like Bulls who will completely shut it down and not have to help on shooters. Those ball movers and high % shooters become rendered useless.

You need a Kobe, a Pierce, a Dirk, a Wade, a LeBron, a guy who can take a hit those low % shots you stat heads hate because a good playoff defense is going to force you into those shots and without a guy who can create them, your not getting a shot off let alone getting a bucket. There is a reason every title team in history had a guy who could create on the perimeter in iso situations, at the end of shot clocks when the first,second and third options come up dry, and hit tough shots like the guys I listed above. Most of them thrive in the mid range which is the stat heads enemy.
    Gay is not one of these, sorry. He is a volume shooter, who is not efficient. He isn't a guy worth paying that money, in that cap situation, and someone you will miss much by trading for relief.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    NO ONE ****IN CARES!!!!!!! Stop pushing your agenda on us!! NO ONE CARES!!!!! This isnt baseball, a sport where I think advanced stats is very key. Basketball? Hell no.. Just stop man.
    Do you understand that nobody on this site cares about your eye test? I would take a box score evaluation over yours.

vCash
    My thoughts of a player have never taken such a turn as quick as this.

Hawkeye and ManRam really convinced me Rudy Gay is just average. I don't know though, something in me still says the only teams he wouldn't be able to help out is MIA and NYK. Other than that, he's an upgrade to at SF for just about every team. I guess that shows how thin the SF position is but damn, Rudy Gay always just seems like a guy who can really do it all. Good defender, rebounder, scorer, can hit a 3 and not scared of the big shot. He just doesnt shoot efficiently.

But after reading some posts I definitely see why MEM would and should move him. He'll be a welcome addition where ever he goes though IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mzgrizz View Post
    You are correct but Pau was signed,too and he got the trade he asked for
    Yea but the team was floundering and looking to rebuild with Pau on the mend. They jettisoned their win now piece (Battier) for a future piece in Gay.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Gay is not one of these, sorry. He is a volume shooter, who is not efficient. He isn't a guy worth paying that money, in that cap situation, and someone you will miss much by trading for relief.
    Au Contraire! I present my favorite NBA Youtube clip of all time:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    he has two more years after this if im not mistaken.

Thats around whn you have to deal your disgrutnled player and have leverage.

If they wait until the expiring year then the player has the " i wont sign back if you trade me to team x" leverage on the situation.
    A risk worth taking considering Gay's salary. I mean, do you think Marc stays if the team cant improve beyond its current core? I think its best to retool around your best players if the right deal can come along. Although I do think they are mostly looking for salary relief.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    A risk worth taking considering Gay's salary. I mean, do you think Marc stays if the team cant improve beyond its current core? I think its best to retool around your best players if the right deal can come along. Although I do think they are mostly looking for salary relief.
    im not sure what either gasol thinks .

they are team oriented to a fault.

I for sure if was mark would be thinking bout why be a 3rd 4th option in offense when you maybe are the best player in the team, and thus would already be considering where to move after contract is up ( in fact would have accepted the rockets offer and forced them to work out a sign and trade).

a sfor the other gasol, i would have raised hell and asked for a trade two years ago when for NO reason at all sicne you are reignin chmpion and you were as important as kobe if not more on it suddenly a sucker that is injured half the time and has brought nothing but role playing to the rings goes over you on the pecking order because spoiled poshy owner son says so.
    ]

vCash
    you young fools watching basketball on tv dont know how to judge a game at all. any good basketball fan knows you can tell who the best players are by listening to a game on the radio. the flow of the game, the score changes, the commentators. thats the true way to judge a player. damn kids dont even know how to juge players with their instinct.

george mikan may not have looked flashy on the television or put up the best stats, but damnit you could tell he was one of the greatest ever. championship after championship. whippersnappers dont even give him the credit he deserves.

vCash
    Because they have to pay luxury tax THIS season, if the guys go into the playoffs with this roster. Memphis isn't LA, they can't just ignore the tax.

And while Gay is a good defender, he is a mediocre offensive player who is massively overpaid. So if your directive is to shed salary while minimally impacting the team on the floor, then say good bye to Rudy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Au Contraire! I present my favorite NBA Youtube clip of all time:
    So...one shot nullifies an entire career of bad shots, and justifies a max contract?

vCash
    If teh Grizz trade Gay then they'll see the Danny Granger affect, or how the Pacers struggled making up for DG despite him only possessing a so-so offensive game.

nbaeinstein.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Do you understand that nobody on this site cares about your eye test? I would take a box score evaluation over yours.
    Who cares what you think. No one in the real world cares about advanced stats.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast