Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Of course hollins is going to take rudy's side. Cant blame him for that

Grizz: 47-32 Titans: 7-9 UK BBall: 29-11 APSU BBall: 12-18
    - MJ-BULLS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I guess where I differ with some is that I don't think trading Gay equates to "breaking up the Grizzlies".
    Then how far can they hypothetically go out west without him?

I dont see how you can go far pounding the ball inside to Marc & Randolph in the Playoffs nearly every possession without a perimeter scorer to draw some attention and hit shots.

Thats the same thing that knocked Utah out last season relying entirely on their bigs to win them each game.

Its like a opposing team knows a player like Trevor Ariza or Chase Budinger wont score 30 on you unless they have the game of their life, while you still have to gameplan for the threat of Rudy scoring 30 points because he can hit the shots they cant.
    Last edited by Fresno; 01-15-2013 at 09:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsOfQueens View Post
    Rudy Gay and is one of the most underrated players in the league IMO. Hollins is 100% spot on.
    He's one of the most overrated in the league. With two great post threats and a solid PG he's still inefficient, he doesn't get to the line, and he's not that great of a defender.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    Rudy Gay is the way overpaid version of Andre Iguodala
    So he's an overpaid version of an overpaid player?

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    I've been saying that on here for how long. Basketball is more than just stats.

vCash
    The advanced stat crew came in full force to take up for their god Hollinger. When In actuality, ADVANCED STATS HAVE NO PLACE IN BASKETBALL!!!!! I mean, just reading the first page you see all the advanced stat crew saying Gay is overrated, just to make Holinger not look like an *******. One guy even said that Lionel Hollins doesn't understand. Comical

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Gay is kinda not that special of a player.
    Maybe not for you. He is for us.
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

MEMPHIS, WHERE 8 BECOMES 7 BECOMES 9 AND TIME IS RUNNING OUT !!!

vCash
    Gay is just not that good, get over it.

Randolph on the other hand..

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    Then how far can they hypothetically go out west without him?

I dont see how you can go far pounding the ball inside to Marc & Randolph in the Playoffs nearly every possession without a perimeter scorer to draw some attention and hit shots.

Thats the same thing that knocked Utah out last season relying entirely on their bigs to win them each game.

Its like a opposing team knows a player like Trevor Ariza or Chase Budinger wont score 30 on you unless they have the game of their life, while you still have to gameplan for the threat of Rudy scoring 30 points because he can hit the shots they cant.
    The goal is to get a perimeter shooter I don't see the argument.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    The advanced stat crew came in full force to take up for their god Hollinger. When In actuality, ADVANCED STATS HAVE NO PLACE IN BASKETBALL!!!!! I mean, just reading the first page you see all the advanced stat crew saying Gay is overrated, just to make Holinger not look like an *******. One guy even said that Lionel Hollins doesn't understand. Comical
    Every NBA team uses advanced stats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Every NBA team uses advanced stats.
    For absolutely nothing. No one cares.

vCash

You're right. They're spending millions of dollars for ***** and giggles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    That might be what they are thinking right now but ultimately it will be a blow up
    You are right, sir. They have ****ed with their heads so much right now they can't punch their way out of a paper bag. Stat that, Hollinger
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

MEMPHIS, WHERE 8 BECOMES 7 BECOMES 9 AND TIME IS RUNNING OUT !!!

vCash
    Except almost every front office...including your team's. What do you think team's are doing to evaluate talent? Flipping coins and clocking 40 yard dash times? Hahaha.

I don't need advanced stats to tell me that a "great scorer" who is scoring 18 points on 17 shots isn't really that great.

4th best player on the team...and has the worst contract. He's expendable. Hollinger and the rest of the front office gets that. The team is in cap hell...he's gotta be the first one to go. It's not because of his PER. It's not because of his PPP in post up chances. It's not necessarily any of that.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    give me an offense that moves the ball, has shooters, and strong interior players, while having an elite defense, over a shot creator with a TS% waaaaaaaaaaay under league average any day. It means he doesn't get to the line, doesn't press the defense, and is actually making the other teams defense successful, forcing a long 2 attempt when he shoots.
    Eventually, every team is going to have that matchup where it comes down to hitting tough shots in iso situations. Those 3 point shooters and ball movers aren't getting clean looks against every team in this league. If you rely on double teams in the post there will be bigs who don't need a double. If you rely on pick and rolls collapsing the D there will be teams like Bulls who will completely shut it down and not have to help on shooters. Those ball movers and high % shooters become rendered useless.

You need a Kobe, a Pierce, a Dirk, a Wade, a LeBron, a guy who can take a hit those low % shots you stat heads hate because a good playoff defense is going to force you into those shots and without a guy who can create them, your not getting a shot off let alone getting a bucket. There is a reason every title team in history had a guy who could create on the perimeter in iso situations, at the end of shot clocks when the first,second and third options come up dry, and hit tough shots like the guys I listed above. Most of them thrive in the mid range which is the stat heads enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    So where does the perimeter scoring come from?

Beal? A rookie jumpshooter?

Ariza has been absolutely horrible for several years now. He is not the same player from the Lakers finals runs in 08 but since he's been in relative obscurity since leaving people only remember him as the athletic, defensive minded 22 year old wing. Now he's 27, injury prone and at $7 Million a year that wouldn't make much sense to bring him in to attempt to replace what Gay offers on both ends of the floor at SF.

Tony Allen doesn't have enough size to guard SF's at 6'4 although hes a great defnder.
    I just threw that out there because it was rumored. Beal is a stud prospect. Hes a guy who can net you a Rudy Gay. He could have netted JHarden. Dwill got traded for Favors, same deal. I think Beal could be what OJ Mayo was to them 2 years ago when they beat the Spurs and took OKC to 7 games without Rudy Gay. Thats enough of a perimeter threat when you have ZBo who can get you buckets from anywhere 18 feet in.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 01-15-2013 at 10:27 PM.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast