Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lionel Hollins takes shot at John Hollinger for trying to trade Rudy Gay

"The reality is that we have a very versatile small forward that is 6'9. There aren't many guys out there like that. He can post up, shoot from the perimeter [and] he can attack the basket. He defends LeBron James, he defendsKevin Durant and all these guys that are tall, and strong, and quick and athletic. We don't have another player on our rsoter with that versatility, and most teams don't. That's the bottom line."
    You hear people say that Rudy and Zach can't play together and they don't fit. They do fit! They need each other. Zach needs Rudy'sversatility, and Rudy needs Zach to post up and get rebounds.

"We get hung up on statistics a little too much, and I think that's a bad trait all over the league that's taken place. And the media has done it because it's easy to go to the stats to make a point or to build up a player or tear down a player. Just the analyzing, I see it every time listening to talk show radio. You've got guys spouting off stat after stat after stat. The bottom line is going out and contributing to your team for winning."
    "Analytics has a place. It can't be the be all end all. I'm still trying to figure out when the Oakland Athletics won a championship with all the analytics they have. It takes talent. We had a guy a few years ago that was sending me emails about different lineup combinations, and he was saying, 'this lineup should be on the court a lot more because they're the most effective.' So, then you coach that lineup and keep them on the floor for 40 minutes. I'm going to stay with the lineups that I have on the floor. No matter what anyone wants to say, there are players that get it done in the last six minutes, they're players that do it in the first quarter. When it comes down to big shots, there's only a few guys that will take those shots, want to take those shots, have the bravery and courage to take them. Because there's a lot of criticism when you miss a shot. You have to be mentally tough and courageous to take those shots at the end of the game."

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/1/1...interview-2012

I actually agree with Hollins that there is more to basketball than just analytics, which is why Hollinger seems interested in moving both Gay & Randolph.

He's been a huge critic of both players value.

vCash
    Gay is kinda not that special of a player.

vCash
    I agree with him. Basketball is not all about statistics.

vCash
    Rudy Gay and is one of the most underrated players in the league IMO. Hollins is 100% spot on.

vCash
    So salary has nothing to do with their inquiries? I find that hard to believe regardless of what the coach says.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsOfQueens View Post
    Rudy Gay and is one of the most underrated players in the league IMO. Hollins is 100% spot on.
    I actually think the opposite of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    I guess I just finally realized that rocket is the only one around here that knows anything and the rest of you guys are dicks.

vCash
    Rudy gay being overpaid has nothing to with being undervalued to his team. That said, if someone has to move which from what Ive read and would assume considering the teams finances, Gay would be the most logical fit.

I know the coach wants to keep the gang together but hes not the one paying the money.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Rudy gay being overpaid has nothing to with being undervalued to his team. That said, if someone has to move which from what Ive read and would assume considering the teams finances, Gay would be the most logical fit.

I know the coach wants to keep the gang together but hes not the one paying the money.
    exactly right. The Grizz will need to do something to clear salary. That means a painful move many times, getting rid of a good player. Hollins is thinking like a coach, not a GM or owner, you know, the ones who pay the tax...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    By the way, obviously this will turn into a pro/anti stats argument, when Hollins is not understanding his front office is needing to shed a salary. Would he prefer to get rid of ZBo, or Marc?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    He really isn't that good.

vCash
    How is he underrated? He's a scorer, who doesn't score efficiently.

If they could get Beal and whatever else Washington would give up they'd be idiots not to do so. Especially considering their financial situations.

vCash
    He took a pot shot at the A's. **** him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    exactly right. The Grizz will need to do something to clear salary. That means a painful move many times, getting rid of a good player. Hollins is thinking like a coach, not a GM or owner, you know, the ones who pay the tax...
    why blow it up when you have a shot in the west you can do it in offseason this team is good
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    It is not blowing it up. He is trying to improve. He is not rebuilding. Just retooling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seikou8 View Post
    why blow it up when you have a shot in the west you can do it in offseason this team is good
    I imagine that is what happens, but why is it a bad thing to gauge interest during the season? And 18 ppg on average efficiency can be replaced. More looks inside, and whomever they acquire can get the rest.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast