Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 121
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,219
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcup View Post
    Woodson got paid almost 7 years ago. Hawk, Finley and Woodson are the only "bad" contracts. I do think all three will be back next season, but could see Woodson gone. There isn't anyway we pay him 10 million next year.

    The other players you talk about are good players and their contract are very manageable. The reason out team is good is because we have a lot of "good" players that you get for mid-level prices. Now we need another difference maker on the defensive side of the ball and we really don't have the cash to sign one. If we can get Bishop, Bulaga, Sherrod and Perry all back and productive we have it made. Each one of those positions is a weakness on this team...
    Wrong. Woodson got a new contract after his DPOY season in 09.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    19,357
    vCash
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I would rather be last in the league in sacks if we can get pressure consistently. How many times do you see us Blitz and guys like Eli have 10 seconds to sit back there and pick us a part? When teams go against us they get pressure with 4 while it takes us sending the house just to get near a teams QB. We need to be able to pressure without having to blitz and our corners will be better by default.

    Also note they need to sit capers down and throw out any and every play he has where we rush 3...It never ****ing works...Like ever...3rd and forever we rush 3 and they get the first down. I have never seen something so ****ing stupid in my entire life.
    Hayward and Shields played with the same pass rush so thats not really a good excuse. The pass rush doesn't make him tackle. After the minnesota game in week 17 when he avoided tackling AP as much as he could as well as getting burnt in coverage I was done with him.
    My Adopter Packer: Blow Job Raji



  3. #108
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    17
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    Then why did Shields and Hayward have a better season? Tramon is done dude just face it. Ever since that shoulder injury he hasn't been the same. He does NOT tackle what so ever and he CANNOT handle a teams #1 wr. You say we get no pressure? Then why did we finish like 2nd in the league in sacks?

    The reason Tramon doesnt necessarily grade out as well as Sam or Casey has more to do with the fact that he consistantly goes up against MUCH tougher competition, and covers the other team's number 1's. Example: Brandon Marshall. Cutler forces the ball to him constantly, and he has 4 times the recieving yards of their next best reciever, who is covered by our #2 Cb. OF COURSE hes going to give up plays here and there when he draws the toughest assignments week in and week out. To expect Casey or Sam to do a better job if they are put in the same situation may be wishful thinking.....weaknesses get exposed as you draw tougher competition. If Tramon gives up 80 yards to Brandon Marshall, and Sam gives up 40 to Alshon Jeffery, that DOES NOT mean Sam is a better player, you have to take into account the individual competition, or the game within the game. Fans forget this when just looking at the numbers, like I think you have done. Tramon is a good player, and hes going to be fine. To call him out like some people are is a gross overreaction.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    366
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FlanceK View Post
    The reason Tramon doesnt necessarily grade out as well as Sam or Casey has more to do with the fact that he consistantly goes up against MUCH tougher competition, and covers the other team's number 1's. Example: Brandon Marshall. Cutler forces the ball to him constantly, and he has 4 times the recieving yards of their next best reciever, who is covered by our #2 Cb. OF COURSE hes going to give up plays here and there when he draws the toughest assignments week in and week out. To expect Casey or Sam to do a better job if they are put in the same situation may be wishful thinking.....weaknesses get exposed as you draw tougher competition. If Tramon gives up 80 yards to Brandon Marshall, and Sam gives up 40 to Alshon Jeffery, that DOES NOT mean Sam is a better player, you have to take into account the individual competition, or the game within the game. Fans forget this when just looking at the numbers, like I think you have done. Tramon is a good player, and hes going to be fine. To call him out like some people are is a gross overreaction.
    do you think tramon was injured for this playoff game??? I feel like he got torched worse that one game than all year.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    86,345
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by FlanceK View Post
    The reason Tramon doesnt necessarily grade out as well as Sam or Casey has more to do with the fact that he consistantly goes up against MUCH tougher competition, and covers the other team's number 1's. Example: Brandon Marshall. Cutler forces the ball to him constantly, and he has 4 times the recieving yards of their next best reciever, who is covered by our #2 Cb. OF COURSE hes going to give up plays here and there when he draws the toughest assignments week in and week out. To expect Casey or Sam to do a better job if they are put in the same situation may be wishful thinking.....weaknesses get exposed as you draw tougher competition. If Tramon gives up 80 yards to Brandon Marshall, and Sam gives up 40 to Alshon Jeffery, that DOES NOT mean Sam is a better player, you have to take into account the individual competition, or the game within the game. Fans forget this when just looking at the numbers, like I think you have done. Tramon is a good player, and hes going to be fine. To call him out like some people are is a gross overreaction.
    Towards the end of the year they protected Tramon.........he wasn't facing the better guys anymore.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    19,357
    vCash
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by FlanceK View Post
    The reason Tramon doesnt necessarily grade out as well as Sam or Casey has more to do with the fact that he consistantly goes up against MUCH tougher competition, and covers the other team's number 1's. Example: Brandon Marshall. Cutler forces the ball to him constantly, and he has 4 times the recieving yards of their next best reciever, who is covered by our #2 Cb. OF COURSE hes going to give up plays here and there when he draws the toughest assignments week in and week out. To expect Casey or Sam to do a better job if they are put in the same situation may be wishful thinking.....weaknesses get exposed as you draw tougher competition. If Tramon gives up 80 yards to Brandon Marshall, and Sam gives up 40 to Alshon Jeffery, that DOES NOT mean Sam is a better player, you have to take into account the individual competition, or the game within the game. Fans forget this when just looking at the numbers, like I think you have done. Tramon is a good player, and hes going to be fine. To call him out like some people are is a gross overreaction.
    Yes Tramon went up against #1 Wr's but that is cause he was supposedly our best CB. But there were only a couple games that he held is own and the rest of the games he got absolutely TORCHED. Your #1 CB isn't supposed to get torched that often. A Few games sure, but not 90% of your games. He also does not tackle whatsoever. That game against the Vikes in week 17 he avoided AP as much as he could. He would be the only guy who had a wide open shot to hit AP and he wouldn't even try. He is not what i want as my #1 CB. I think Shields would have had a better year as our top CB if he started this year rather than Tramon.
    My Adopter Packer: Blow Job Raji



  7. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    867
    vCash
    1500
    I think our defense is too gimmicky. I do not like the stupid hybrid formations, insane amount of DB's on the field. The whole modified, screwed up 3-4 system that we run. The league has figured out our defense. Good offensive teams in the playoffs have exploited it for what it really is. I'd like to see us go to a more vanilla defense, line up and outplay the other team and just beat them.

    Something has to change. It could be personnel, scheme, coaches, coordinators, philosophy, whatever. Stability over time leads to more effectiveness until it reaches it's peak and then begins to decline. There is such a thing as prolonged stability leading to reduced effectiveness in all walks of life. It manifests itself faster in football when the scheme, coordinator and personnel are flawed. Like this team.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    17,863
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    I think our defense is too gimmicky. I do not like the stupid hybrid formations, insane amount of DB's on the field. The whole modified, screwed up 3-4 system that we run. The league has figured out our defense. Good offensive teams in the playoffs have exploited it for what it really is. I'd like to see us go to a more vanilla defense, line up and outplay the other team and just beat them.

    Something has to change. It could be personnel, scheme, coaches, coordinators, philosophy, whatever. Stability over time leads to more effectiveness until it reaches it's peak and then begins to decline. There is such a thing as prolonged stability leading to reduced effectiveness in all walks of life. It manifests itself faster in football when the scheme, coordinator and personnel are flawed. Like this team.
    The 3-4 defense is designed to disguise blitzes. The only thing your doing by going to a vanilla defense is letting the offensive line make protection adjustments. I think teams have figured us out because they are only scared of one or two players. We need better players. Not schemes.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    867
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    The 3-4 defense is designed to disguise blitzes. The only thing your doing by going to a vanilla defense is letting the offensive line make protection adjustments. I think teams have figured us out because they are only scared of one or two players. We need better players. Not schemes.
    So how about switching to a 4-3? Get two run stuffers. 3 LB's that come up and make the tackle. Have your 4 best pass rushers beat their offensive line fair and square. I've always thought the best defenses come out, line up in your face and then kick the crap out of you. The Ravens defense for example isn't crazy. It's stop them on early downs. Get them in passing situations and blitz.

    I watch our defense and I think what is going on? Why do we have so many DB's on the field. Why is there so much going on and why is our defense so non conventional. There is a reason good old fashioned rush 4 drop 7 works. Because it's darn effective when you get home.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    196
    vCash
    1500
    How many times during the AFC Championship did they talk about the Ravens defense not moving around and letting the Pats come to them? Sometimes I wonder how much of the disguising/schemes/motion is more of a distraction to the defense themselves.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nllumberco View Post
    How many times during the AFC Championship did they talk about the Ravens defense not moving around and letting the Pats come to them? Sometimes I wonder how much of the disguising/schemes/motion is more of a distraction to the defense themselves.
    Didn't Capers say they scaled back the playbook in 2010 because of all the injuries? What does that tell you? The defense played its best when they simplified things. Guys were turned loose and allowed to play based on their instincts. Contrast that with the other years... where players are overthinking things, lost, out of position, and being hesitant. I dunno. That's a huge indictment to me. How is that the players had their best year when Capers was the most hands off? Is he a bad playcaller? Micro-manager? Puts the players in bad positions? Slow to make adjustments? Something's obviously not right when you're struggling with the same problems year after year.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    17,863
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    So how about switching to a 4-3? Get two run stuffers. 3 LB's that come up and make the tackle. Have your 4 best pass rushers beat their offensive line fair and square. I've always thought the best defenses come out, line up in your face and then kick the crap out of you. The Ravens defense for example isn't crazy. It's stop them on early downs. Get them in passing situations and blitz.

    I watch our defense and I think what is going on? Why do we have so many DB's on the field. Why is there so much going on and why is our defense so non conventional. There is a reason good old fashioned rush 4 drop 7 works. Because it's darn effective when you get home.
    I honestly think taking your best player on defense and putting him out of position isn't the best idea. Ravens defense is successful because they have good players up front and at the middle. We don't have that. Again we need better talent not a better scheme.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    17,863
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DRS172 View Post
    Didn't Capers say they scaled back the playbook in 2010 because of all the injuries? What does that tell you? The defense played its best when they simplified things. Guys were turned loose and allowed to play based on their instincts. Contrast that with the other years... where players are overthinking things, lost, out of position, and being hesitant. I dunno. That's a huge indictment to me. How is that the players had their best year when Capers was the most hands off? Is he a bad playcaller? Micro-manager? Puts the players in bad positions? Slow to make adjustments? Something's obviously not right when you're struggling with the same problems year after year.
    You bring up some good questions. I really feel that it started going downhill once we lost Collins. He was a great player, sure but he was even better at making adjustments in the secondary. I don't think were getting that with Burnett and Woodson does his own thing relying off his instincts. It's not a bad thing but not everyone is on the same page.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    whitewater,wi
    Posts
    6,397
    vCash
    1500
    I could not agree with you more Wis.....Like I stated in the "fire Dom Capers" thread... outside of 52 who else on this defense is an All-Pro? Also, the reason we never run our base 3-4 defense ( seems like we are always in the nickel), is because we do not have the players we need to run that defense....If I remember correctly, and somebody can look it up if they would like, we only ran our base 3-4 28% of the defensive snaps this season..... that is attrocious...I know injuries have a little to do with it, but we need to start drafting some players that can perform in this defense in my opinion...

  15. #120
    Dcup's Avatar
    Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    6,121
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by wwfd1220 View Post
    I could not agree with you more Wis.....Like I stated in the "fire Dom Capers" thread... outside of 52 who else on this defense is an All-Pro? Also, the reason we never run our base 3-4 defense ( seems like we are always in the nickel), is because we do not have the players we need to run that defense....If I remember correctly, and somebody can look it up if they would like, we only ran our base 3-4 28% of the defensive snaps this season..... that is attrocious...I know injuries have a little to do with it, but we need to start drafting some players that can perform in this defense in my opinion...
    And that starts with a NT and ILB. We have to win the battles in the trenches first and worry about stopping teams on the outside second.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •