Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vCash
    I dont know why everyone worries about the 3-4 and 4-3 ****. In 2011 packers actually only used the 3-4 27% of the tims. I cant find the numbers, but in 2010 I believe it was even lower.

vCash
    Is Dom's contract really over? Meaning that he would have to be re-signed in order to return?

If so, has anybody heard about the progress of that re-signing?

I just took it for granted that with all the "Fire Capers" chants that he was still under contract.

Regardless of whether or not you support Capers or want him gone, and making no indication as to your opinion on the matter, I think everybody can admit that being re-signed as defensive coordinator after giving up an NFL record bad performance and a 45 point loss in the playoffs to a team that wasn't top ten in offensive production during the regular season would be a very strange thing. Also, that it would suggest a high level of trust.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    All the Hate on Tramon is hilarious...Put revis back there and he would get owned as well.... Get Pressure on the QB and our corners will look other worldly. We rush 5 and still do not get pressure...When Wideouts have 10 plus seconds to get open they will always get oepn
    I don't think it's an issue of Tramon's pass coverage, but you have to be a blind old bat or an extreme loyalist not to admit that Tramon has lost a lot in his ability to press and that he isn't nearly a suitable tackler.

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Who would you get and how do you pay him under the salary cap?
    Trade or dump Finley. Let Jennings walk. Sign Ed Reed. Draft DL in first two rounds. Count on Woodson returning. Count on Perry learning, understanding and executing his expectations.

Woodson/Burnett Ed Reed
    Sam Shields/Casey Haward Tramon Williams / Charles Woodson
    Clay Matthews Desmond Bishop/Jones AJ Hawk/Smith Nick Perry
    Rookie/Worthy/Wilson Raji/Rookie Pickett/Rookie

Just think of the depth.
    Add an OLB and MLB in later rounds of the draft.
    Problem solved.

vCash
    I just think it is extremely weird that it seems like we don't have much cap room but yet we only have a couple stars on our team. Then you think of teams like the 49ers and how many stars they have but yet they still have no issues holding on to them.
    My Adopter Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Sign Ed Reed, really? That guy wants way too much money, doesn't have a lot of time left, and is pulling a Brett Favre and flirting with retirement every year. We're not that desperate for help.

And Woodson is gone, count on it. No way in hell that guy is worth $10m, and he likely wouldn't even make the roster cut to the final 53 with the way he's been trending down the last couple years. Woodson's days as a Packer are over.

vCash
    Well Tramon Williams was a rising star, so we paid him and now look at him... AJ Hawk turned in a great run to help win a superbowl so we paid him... Now look. We resigned Jermichael Finley who's never been consistent. Desmond Bishop can't stay healthy. NO idea how much he's paid but he could be a star, but hasn't seen the field in a while. Jordy Nelson just got a new deal. Woodson got a huge payday after his DPOY campaign in '09, hasn't been the same player since. We have plenty of guys that are getting paid, and there was reason for it at the time.

As for the 49'ers... we'll see how they're able to handle to success. Getting there is one thing, but its even harder to stay there.

vCash
    The packers are a lot like the Chicago bulls....I know this because they are my teams. Always overpay, always.

If Capers is signed again, I'm sure they have to make drastic moves. Meaning Woodson/Hawk could be gone and Tramon would have to restructure knowing that they need to go after a pro bowl caliber guy.

vCash
    Ok. I'll play TT with you guys...

OUT:
    Finely
    Hawk
    Starks
    Bush
    Driver
    Francois
    Jennings
    Zombo
    Grant
    Green (practice sqaud)

Restructure
    Woodson
    Lets get AROD payed now!

Bring In FA
    Clady OL or A Smith OL
    and Id love to see DRC playing corner here.
    Goldson???
    this is probably more of a wish list....

Draft
    1st rd WR Deondre Hopkins/Justin Hunter unless Fluker OL is still there
    2nd rd RB Monte Ball/ DL Jesse Williams, Alabama, 6-4/320
    3rd rd rb/saf
    4th rd ILB
    5th rd ILB
    6th rd OL
    7th rd kicker

Im no GM...... just some thoughts with my coffee.....

vCash
    Meh, the only way I wouldn't have wanted Dom Capers back is if we would have been able to snag Ray Horton. Since he's not a possibility anymore. I'll stick with Dom

~ * ~ MINISTER OF DEFENSE ~*~

vCash
    can we trade Finely for clady?????

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Well Tramon Williams was a rising star, so we paid him and now look at him... AJ Hawk turned in a great run to help win a superbowl so we paid him... Now look. We resigned Jermichael Finley who's never been consistent. Desmond Bishop can't stay healthy. NO idea how much he's paid but he could be a star, but hasn't seen the field in a while. Jordy Nelson just got a new deal. Woodson got a huge payday after his DPOY campaign in '09, hasn't been the same player since. We have plenty of guys that are getting paid, and there was reason for it at the time.

As for the 49'ers... we'll see how they're able to handle to success. Getting there is one thing, but its even harder to stay there.
    Woodson got paid almost 7 years ago. Hawk, Finley and Woodson are the only "bad" contracts. I do think all three will be back next season, but could see Woodson gone. There isn't anyway we pay him 10 million next year.

The other players you talk about are good players and their contract are very manageable. The reason out team is good is because we have a lot of "good" players that you get for mid-level prices. Now we need another difference maker on the defensive side of the ball and we really don't have the cash to sign one. If we can get Bishop, Bulaga, Sherrod and Perry all back and productive we have it made. Each one of those positions is a weakness on this team...
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    Why are we so strapped for cash but yet we only have a couple superstars? I don't get it.
    My Adopter Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    Why are we so strapped for cash but yet we only have a couple superstars? I don't get it.
    I dont get it either...To add to that Rodgers makes like 11 mill a year....Rodgers will get a new deal around 19-20 mill a year but right now he makes like 11 lol....Its scary to think what will happen when he starts getting paid like the top QB in the league

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    Then why did Shields and Hayward have a better season? Tramon is done dude just face it. Ever since that shoulder injury he hasn't been the same. He does NOT tackle what so ever and he CANNOT handle a teams #1 wr. You say we get no pressure? Then why did we finish like 2nd in the league in sacks?
    I would rather be last in the league in sacks if we can get pressure consistently. How many times do you see us Blitz and guys like Eli have 10 seconds to sit back there and pick us a part? When teams go against us they get pressure with 4 while it takes us sending the house just to get near a teams QB. We need to be able to pressure without having to blitz and our corners will be better by default.

Also note they need to sit capers down and throw out any and every play he has where we rush 3...It never ****ing works...Like ever...3rd and forever we rush 3 and they get the first down. I have never seen something so ****ing stupid in my entire life.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadandalive95 View Post
    I've had a week now to sift through my thoughts. In my emotional state, I was calling for Caper's head. I thought it was his fault that we got ran all over. But I believe this article does a great job of deciphering who really was the culprit. Great article and the author did a wonderful job of talking through key plays and schemes that were run.

I think we need to look at this in a whole another level. I think the issues we have with our defense does not start with our linebackers, it starts with our line. In a 3-4, you need huge space eating defensive linemen who are take on two + blocks without being moved. I think we have that in Pickett. Despite his age, he did a wonderful job. Raji in my opinion, is either playing out of position or is way overated. At times he looks dominent and at others (the SF game) he is getting absolutely worked and driven off the line of scrimmage. That should never happen to a man his size. I'm not so sure we should rush out and hand him a huge contract. I'd be worried he would become another D tackle who gets paid and dissapears. If he is this inconsistent now, wait till he has a fatter contract. I'd like to note that I'm not advocating that we release or not offer him a contract, but I think we need to be smart about it. We need d-linemen with way bigger wingspans. What no one talks about is that we really miss a guy like Johnny Jolly. That guy was huge, swatted balls, and was a menace in the run game. We miss him way more than we do Jenkins. He may not have provided a big push in the passing game, but that is where we can through in guys like Worthy, Neal, and Daniels. Leave the fat guys in on 1st and 2nd down to stop the run, then rotate. Either way, if we want to become more physical, it should always start with the line. (Don't get me started on how much I hate watching our O-line get pushed around too).
    I've thought all year that Raji and Pickett should be flipped. Picket does not have the power to play DE in this defense. I think Raji could be more effective at DE where he doesn't see as many double teams.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast