Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlanceK View Post
    The problem has less to to with Capers and more to do with his lack of linebacker talent......Especially Walden. He is one of if not the worst starting OLB in the NFL. Couple him with Undrafted Moses and you have 2 guys who can't consistantly do their job, and it showed with their complete inability to contain Colin K. Get healthy, draft another good OLB and MLB with good athletic ability and I really think it will do wonders for us.

I completely agree. We aren't going to get a coach better than Capers. He and LeBeau practically invented the 3-4 zone blitz scheme. Pittsburgh just runs it better because they have the personnel to do so. We need more play makers at LB. Getting Bishop back will be huge. Walden better not be on this team next year.

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwstriker299 View Post
    I completely agree. We aren't going to get a coach better than Capers. He and LeBeau practically invented the 3-4 zone blitz scheme. Pittsburgh just runs it better because they have the personnel to do so. We need more play makers at LB. Getting Bishop back will be huge. Walden better not be on this team next year.
    I'm guessing that Walden will be back for depth purposes, but I could be wrong. As long as Perry comes back strong and we keep Moses maybe he won't, but he's also not making much so it couldn't hurt. I could see him thriving on special teams.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    This article is painful to read. I'd quote it but it is too long

How SF destroyed us because our players suck

vCash
    Damn it, sounds like Horton is going to the Browns. I feel like TT and MM are going to have to hurry up and make up their minds as to what they are going to to with Capers before all the good candidates are gone.
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post

I'm sure that article is great but I didn't actually read the whole thing. Looks like good analysis from what I read.

I wanted to say something I haven't read about here yet that pertains to one of the plays he disects.

Is it me or does Burnett suck too? I don't think people have any idea how much losing Collins hurt this defense. People seem to forget he was a Pro Bowler. Burnett is constantly out of position and can't tackle.

Having said that, our linebackers need addressed before Burnett's position. Missing Bishop killed, too but as I see it, the way we ended the season we have 1 good linebacker out of 4 that play.

vCash
    Well losing Perry didn't help either. But we played that game with Clay, Brad Jones, Hawk, and Walden / Mozes.

If anyone thinks that is going to get it done, they are out of their mind.....

vCash
    I think Burnett is solid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Look at you suggesting we sign free agents...We wont do something so silly like go out and get a prime time elite defensive playmaker that could help bring the defense together
    Who would you get and how do you pay him under the salary cap?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post

I've had a week now to sift through my thoughts. In my emotional state, I was calling for Caper's head. I thought it was his fault that we got ran all over. But I believe this article does a great job of deciphering who really was the culprit. Great article and the author did a wonderful job of talking through key plays and schemes that were run.

I think we need to look at this in a whole another level. I think the issues we have with our defense does not start with our linebackers, it starts with our line. In a 3-4, you need huge space eating defensive linemen who are take on two + blocks without being moved. I think we have that in Pickett. Despite his age, he did a wonderful job. Raji in my opinion, is either playing out of position or is way overated. At times he looks dominent and at others (the SF game) he is getting absolutely worked and driven off the line of scrimmage. That should never happen to a man his size. I'm not so sure we should rush out and hand him a huge contract. I'd be worried he would become another D tackle who gets paid and dissapears. If he is this inconsistent now, wait till he has a fatter contract. I'd like to note that I'm not advocating that we release or not offer him a contract, but I think we need to be smart about it. We need d-linemen with way bigger wingspans. What no one talks about is that we really miss a guy like Johnny Jolly. That guy was huge, swatted balls, and was a menace in the run game. We miss him way more than we do Jenkins. He may not have provided a big push in the passing game, but that is where we can through in guys like Worthy, Neal, and Daniels. Leave the fat guys in on 1st and 2nd down to stop the run, then rotate. Either way, if we want to become more physical, it should always start with the line. (Don't get me started on how much I hate watching our O-line get pushed around too).
    "As Iron sharpens Iron, so shall one man sharpen another."

vCash
    We have holes all over our defense.

Our D-Line needs more talent, our linebackers are good, but we need to get rid of Hawk and add a better ILB. I believe in Perry, as you can see, Matthews was killing it in the beginning of the season, with Perry on the right side. Our secondary is good when it comes to corners, but we need a better safety. I like Eric Reid for that, but I doubt we'll get him. Jarius Byrd would be awesome. A secondary of Tramon Williams-Morgan Burnett-Jarius Byrd-Sam Shields would be amazing. Let's also not forget Casey Hayward and Davon House.

Green Bay Packers
    Phoenix Suns
    Phoenix Coyotes
    Arizona Diamondbacks
    UofA Wildcats
    Real Madrid

vCash
    Im tired of tramon hes been more of a liability then any help this year. Shields has really surprised me this year on the turn around and the emergence of hayward has been very refreshing. Definitely need another safety and beefing up the d-line with another big man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Who would you get and how do you pay him under the salary cap?
    Simple unlike most I would trade or let Finley/Jennings walk because I know how great Rodgers is and as shown with a ton of our guys injured we still score...Take away from the offense and give to the defense. Get some DLine Help.

It all starts at the Line and we need help on both.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    All the Hate on Tramon is hilarious...Put revis back there and he would get owned as well.... Get Pressure on the QB and our corners will look other worldly. We rush 5 and still do not get pressure...When Wideouts have 10 plus seconds to get open they will always get oepn

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    All the Hate on Tramon is hilarious...Put revis back there and he would get owned as well.... Get Pressure on the QB and our corners will look other worldly. We rush 5 and still do not get pressure...When Wideouts have 10 plus seconds to get open they will always get oepn
    Then why did Shields and Hayward have a better season? Tramon is done dude just face it. Ever since that shoulder injury he hasn't been the same. He does NOT tackle what so ever and he CANNOT handle a teams #1 wr. You say we get no pressure? Then why did we finish like 2nd in the league in sacks?
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Today on the Aaron Rodgers show, A-Rod had mentioned about outside the building is the only place people are doubting Dom Capers.

Mike McCarthy thought it was 'appalling' that he had to answer questions about Capers and was 'very confident' that Capers would be back as defensive coordinator.
    This. (and i know its late)

They are resigning Capers.
    MM and TT are not moving on from him.
    Adopt a Packers
    SAM "Less than Tim Jennings the Nickel Corner" SHIELDS
    and Davante "I'm good at catching" Adams

Davante Adams

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast