Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 121
  1. #61
    Dcup's Avatar
    Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    6,261
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    Are you kidding me? Have you seen what he has done over the last few years? He has been one of the more impressive Packers assistants. He had multiple players injured at his position. Took an OLB in his first year at ILB and made him into a really good player and nearly filled the gap left by injuries. What he did this year was impressive.

    Brad Jones isn't getting enough credit for what he did for this team this year. Moss also deserves a lot of credit for being able to do that though also.
    Not kidding. Jones was good this year in coverage, but couldn't rush the passer or play the run.

    It's not like DJ Smith was playing that well when he got hurt. He was playing out of necessity.

    Overall I haven't been impressed with that unit. Bishop is the only bright spot. If everyone says that we have the talent then why aren't our ILB's playing better?
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    5,685
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dudejcb View Post
    I think pulling the pin on Capers is a bit reactionary and emotionally based. Yes, I would have liked us to perform better, but we were starting our third string ILB most of the season. Same situation on offense; we had inuries to some key players on the O-line and it showed. Inuries are a part of the game and everyone has to endure, and deal with them. sometimes the cookie doesn't crumble the way we would prefer, and laying blame and taking revenge is not productive.
    I think firing him after last year would've been emotionally based. He's had a second chance. Yes the defense did improve by rank in the season but he's shown time and time again his unwillingness to adjust in-game or at least get his players to.
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu






  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    852
    vCash
    1500
    Since Moss has been here what have we invested into the ILB position? absolutley nothing

    OLB have been way worse for us in the last 3 years than ILB, lets fire Kevin Greene

    Moss got a 6th round pick in Desmond Bishop and look where Bishop is now one of the best dudes on the defense. Look what DJ smith and Frenchy French did last year when they were asked to come in a guy who was undrafted and a guy who was taken in the 6th round. Dj was average when he was playing this year but what do you expect from a second year guy taken in the 6th round? Brad jones went from OLB where he was ok to ILB where he was better than ok, so again maybe we should fire Kevin Greene instead.

    Or maybe we shouldn't because that would just be stupid..........And I'm somehow the biggest dipshit on this forum
    Last edited by wissportsfan; 01-17-2013 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Quoted deleted post

  4. #64
    Dcup's Avatar
    Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    6,261
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tram0n man View Post
    Since Moss has been here what have we invested into the ILB position? absolutley nothing

    OLB have been way worse for us in the last 3 years than ILB, lets fire Kevin Greene

    Moss got a 6th round pick in Desmond Bishop and look where Bishop is now one of the best dudes on the defense. Look what DJ smith and Frenchy French did last year when they were asked to come in a guy who was undrafted and a guy who was taken in the 6th round. Dj was average when he was playing this year but what do you expect from a second year guy taken in the 6th round? Brad jones went from OLB where he was ok to ILB where he was better than ok, so again maybe we should fire Kevin Greene instead.

    Or maybe we shouldn't because that would just be stupid..........And I'm somehow the biggest dipshit on this forum
    OMG a post by you that is actually meaningful to the discussion...wow.

    What have we invested in OLB's? Walden...6th round, Zombo...undrafted, Moses...undrafted, Jones...7th round, now playing ILB, etc. Pretty sure that Hawk was a top five pick when Moss was the LB coach...not just ILB's. What has been invested in OLB beside CMIII? Sounds pretty even to me and I would say that OLB has performed better than ILB minus Des Bishop.

    It's a moot point, I wanted to bring up the fact that Moss hasn't done much with the talent he has. Maybe Greene hasn't either, but Moss has also been with the team a lot longer.

    Again, it's moot. Thanks for actually discussing something though.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    852
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcup View Post
    OMG a post by you that is actually meaningful to the discussion...wow.

    What have we invested in OLB's? Walden...6th round, Zombo...undrafted, Moses...undrafted, Jones...7th round, now playing ILB, etc. Pretty sure that Hawk was a top five pick when Moss was the LB coach...not just ILB's. What has been invested in OLB beside CMIII? Sounds pretty even to me and I would say that OLB has performed better than ILB minus Des Bishop.

    It's a moot point, I wanted to bring up the fact that Moss hasn't done much with the talent he has. Maybe Greene hasn't either, but Moss has also been with the team a lot longer.

    Again, it's moot. Thanks for actually discussing something though.
    -For the record i love Kevin Greene Im just trying to use your logic (which to me is very dumb logic)

    -Since Kevin Greene was here we have had two OLB drafted in the first round Clay and Perry, Hawk is only one. Besides the fact that we haven't invested much in the two positions was my point

    - If you think Winston Moss should get fired then do you think Kevin Greene should get the boot too?

    - You say Kevin Greene hasn't been given talent, then go on to say Greene and Moss have been given equally ****** investments ("sounds pretty even", in your words), then go on to say Moss hasnt done anything with the talent he has? So Moss hasn't done anything with the talent he has been given yet you agree that he hasn't been given barely anything to work with except for hawk which was 6-7 years ago? where is this "talent" you speak of?

    Your argument that people should be calling for Moss' head doesn't even make a little bit of sense.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    17,939
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tram0n man View Post
    Since Moss has been here what have we invested into the ILB position? absolutley nothing

    OLB have been way worse for us in the last 3 years than ILB, lets fire Kevin Greene

    Moss got a 6th round pick in Desmond Bishop and look where Bishop is now one of the best dudes on the defense. Look what DJ smith and Frenchy French did last year when they were asked to come in a guy who was undrafted and a guy who was taken in the 6th round. Dj was average when he was playing this year but what do you expect from a second year guy taken in the 6th round? Brad jones went from OLB where he was ok to ILB where he was better than ok, so again maybe we should fire Kevin Greene instead.

    Or maybe we shouldn't because that would just be stupid..........And I'm somehow the biggest dipshit on this forum
    I'm not exactly sure. In a coach I like to see how much they grow from their college years. I haven't really seen the growth out of Hawk, Bishop, Smith from their college days. I guess that kind of worries me with Moss being a potential candidate.

  7. #67
    Dcup's Avatar
    Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    6,261
    vCash
    1500
    Cardinals hired Bruce Arians as head coach. He's not expected to retain Ray Horton. I would be very interested in bringing him on if I were the coach or GM of the Packers. Would be a nice addition to the staff. Thanks doe your hard work Dom we'd like to go in another direction.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,946
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcup View Post
    Cardinals hired Bruce Arians as head coach. He's not expected to retain Ray Horton. I would be very interested in bringing him on if I were the coach or GM of the Packers. Would be a nice addition to the staff. Thanks doe your hard work Dom we'd like to go in another direction.
    I will tattoo Ted's face on my *** if he hires him. And Arians is a retard

    Future Packer Guaranteed!

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    17,706
    vCash
    4550
    I would absolutely love it if they got Horton. I want him even more now that Bears fans are wanting him lol. But for real i think it would be amazing to have him.




  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,953
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I will tattoo Ted's face on my *** if he hires him. And Arians is a retard
    I'd go as far as getting his face tattooed on my dick if Thompson hired Horton.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    536
    vCash
    1500
    I was going to make a Ray Horton thread. Good thing I didnt. I'm with you guys.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bolingbrook, IL
    Posts
    5,939
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcup View Post
    OMG a post by you that is actually meaningful to the discussion...wow.

    What have we invested in OLB's? Walden...6th round, Zombo...undrafted, Moses...undrafted, Jones...7th round, now playing ILB, etc. Pretty sure that Hawk was a top five pick when Moss was the LB coach...not just ILB's. What has been invested in OLB beside CMIII? Sounds pretty even to me and I would say that OLB has performed better than ILB minus Des Bishop.

    It's a moot point, I wanted to bring up the fact that Moss hasn't done much with the talent he has. Maybe Greene hasn't either, but Moss has also been with the team a lot longer.

    Again, it's moot. Thanks for actually discussing something though.
    Sounds like we could use some new linebackers across the board.

    EDIT:
    And hopefully the Bears don't get Horton.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Woodridge, IL
    Posts
    3,044
    vCash
    1500
    Meh, Horton will probably be in the mix for HC jobs next season. So he could likely be one and done as a DC this year.

  14. #74
    Dcup's Avatar
    Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    6,261
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kwstriker299 View Post
    Meh, Horton will probably be in the mix for HC jobs next season. So he could likely be one and done as a DC this year.
    That would be my only concern, but it would also give us an opportunity to prep another guy in our system to take over the DC role.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    15
    vCash
    1500
    The problem has less to to with Capers and more to do with his lack of linebacker talent......Especially Walden. He is one of if not the worst starting OLB in the NFL. Couple him with Undrafted Moses and you have 2 guys who can't consistantly do their job, and it showed with their complete inability to contain Colin K. Get healthy, draft another good OLB and MLB with good athletic ability and I really think it will do wonders for us.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •