Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    re-read my post 98,...I said at first thought we could tag Osi(and to add more info to my comment I was think this around week 6) but later on with this surprising cap debt, I realized that it's not gonna happen with Osi, and I didn't mean to put too much emphasis on the franchise tag, but to turn my comments around to make it sound more sensible, we shouldn't let this guy walk from us, just for the sake of the possibility that it'll come down to either keeping KP, or Stevie Brown...IDK about you guys but I'll take the guy who was consistently healthier, and forgive me, but I've honestly became a Stevie Brown fan, so I frankly would hate to see this guy go without Reese at least trying to negotiate a deal with him
    I understand. I learned in football you cannot get attached to football players. They come and go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rwynyc View Post
    I understand. I learned in football you cannot get attached to football players. They come and go
    Amen to that brotha, I make sure not to have that emotional attachment like I used to when I was younger....I was one of the Biggest Steve Smith fans and when I found out that he signed a last minute deal with none other than the Philthyadelphia Eagles after believing he was coming back with the Giants....:cry:....learned from that mistake, so now I'm just a fan for admiration of talent, and I admire Stevie's work ethics, so It's more of a respect that I probably won't lose if he goes to another team, but will be disappointed that he didn't stay with the Giants
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Few people including Adam shefter or whatever his last name is have said that Nicks is more of a priority then Cruz right now ... Dosnt sound to good , reminds me of a Steve Smith/Jeremy Lin situation minus the injury

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    I'm going to be so pissed if Cruz walks
    Future Ace

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKNYGNYY View Post
    Few people including Adam shefter or whatever his last name is have said that Nicks is more of a priority then Cruz right now ... Dosnt sound to good , reminds me of a Steve Smith/Jeremy Lin situation minus the injury
    Yup:
    According to Adam Schefter, the New York Giants are making resigning Hakeem Nicks a higher priority than Victor Cruz. They want to resign both, but Nicks is reportedly priority #1. #nyg #giants
    I'm glad. I love Cruz and want him here long term, but not at the expense of Nicks. Plus they deserve it. There are some big contracts on this team that never should have been written and its the reason they won't be able to afford Cruz.

If he wants $10, tender him and be done with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKNYGNYY View Post
    I can understand that cause when Nicks is right he's a top 5 wr in the game, he just can't stay healthy for entire season and coming off of last year where he just wasn't right all season we have to remember he's still a top tier wr and is very difficult to replace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yup:

I'm glad. I love Cruz and want him here long term, but not at the expense of Nicks. Plus they deserve it. There are some big contracts on this team that never should have been written and its the reason they won't be able to afford Cruz.

If he wants $10, tender him and be done with it.
    Hasn't that cost us enough? Like Coefield? At what point does Jerry ****ing understand it's a bad contract??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    bolded statement really? ---ok have you been watching games consistently this year? IDT you know how well Stevie Brown has played this season, and he's an RFA, so obviously he needs to be retained, cuz if he and KP go, we're stuck with Rolle, Sash and Will, and don't think putting a 2nd round tender will secure Brown, cuz there will be some teams that will take Brown for a 2nd round, so don't foolishly think that S. Brown will be secured, and the fact that Osi was the only DE that played well behind JPP is the reason why I thought that, but it's not shocking, cuz I'm sure al= lot of Giants fans wouldn't mind if Osi DID came back to the Giants, and you're off track thinking NO ONE would take Cruz for a 1st...MIN, NE, SEA, & STL could be possible targets for Cruz to land with, so the Giants NEED to sign him up sooner than later
    Learn to read. I wrote a 1st for Cruz and a 1st/2nd for Brown. I'd let them both go for a 1st and a 2nd combined.

vCash
    I am shocked that there are numerous people in this forum that would franchise tag Osi lol. He's not worth 5 mil a year let alone 10 or whatever the franchise tag number will be for DE's.

vCash
    You know what I'm shocked at? How many people in here are knocking Cruz and diminishing how could he is and how important he is to this team.. Your ****ing kidding me right? Just because now there's a small possibility that we'll lose him we're gonna pull that ****.. Really?

vCash
    I think Cruz should be a higher priority than Nicks. He is a top WR and he is not injured

vCash
    NICKS IS OUR BEST OFFENSIVE PLAYER. Can't wait to see him bounce back next year. And Randle is on the rise also plenty of young WRs available. Not a big deal

Cruz can be replaced. He is a slot type WR(mainly). But I'm sure they'll keep the duo.

vCash
    The Giants obviously want (and will probably get) both. This is just brilliant strategy on their part. Nicks has to be the priority right now. He's unrestricted after this year and letting him hit the open market is just begging for another team to beat us out. If we extend him while he's under team control (and relatively cheaper after another injury-filled year), then we have a better chance of getting Cruz back too. As for Cruz, he's restricted. We have him next year no matter what. And if some team was daring enough to give him a ridiculous deal that we couldn't match, we'd get some good picks out of it. Locking up Nicks first is key to keeping our core together.

vCash
    Good post. I agree
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks All Day View Post
    The Giants obviously want (and will probably get) both. This is just brilliant strategy on their part. Nicks has to be the priority right now. He's unrestricted after this year and letting him hit the open market is just begging for another team to beat us out. If we extend him while he's under team control (and relatively cheaper after another injury-filled year), then we have a better chance of getting Cruz back too. As for Cruz, he's restricted. We have him next year no matter what. And if some team was daring enough to give him a ridiculous deal that we couldn't match, we'd get some good picks out of it. Locking up Nicks first is key to keeping our core together.
    I agree. If we sign Nicks first to like a $6 million to $7 million dollar deal, Cruz should follow suit and accept the same or slightly more/less depending on how he views himself in respect to Nicks. I'm getting sick of all these greedy guys who want huge $ at the expense of the team. Everyone can't make big money. I know this is a violent sport and nobody knows how long they'll play but damn.

Just look at Flacco, dude is an above average QB but wants to be the highest paid QB in the league which will handcuff his team. And you'll never see the Ravens in the SB with Flacco as their QB again if he gets that contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast