Rate my workout routine?

Mon- Biceps/Back/Abs
    Tues- triceps/chest/trapz
    Wed- shoulders/legs/abs
    Thurs- biceps/back/trapz
    Fri- triceps/chest/abs
    Sat- shoulders/legs/trapz
    Sun- rest or swim(light)

12 sets total per body part broken down into 4 exercises, 3 sets per exercise, and since im currently in my 6 month muscle mass cycle, 8-12 reps per set.

I also run every day except for sunday. usually 3-4 miles/day.

trying to get my body fat to 11.5% and weight to 175.

currently im at 180 with 18% bf

lemme know wasssuppp bros and PSD trolls.

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Im not a huge fan of that.. mine is

Mon - Chest/bis/abs
    Tues - Back/tris
    Wed - Legs/abs
    Thurs - Arms
    Friday - Shoulders/abs

I usually take saturday/sunday off cause my work schedule doesnt allow me to hit the gym those days
    Limitations are for people that have them, and excuses are for people that need them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goldglove212 View Post

Mon - Chest/bis/abs
    Tues - Back/tris
    Wed - Legs/abs
    Thurs - Arms
    Friday - Shoulders/abs

I usually take saturday/sunday off cause my work schedule doesnt allow me to hit the gym those days
    nice nice, is that you in your sig?

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    How long have you been training? If the number is less than 5 years or so of serious training then I'd say you are overtraining and not really getting any benefit and potentially negative effects from that workload. I am a big proponent of overtraining is overused too lol

There's no reason you need to be hitting every body part 2x a week like this

How much muscle mass do you currently have? You may want to consider bulking and adding on as much muscle as you can before considering a cut. Dropping 7% body fat and only 5 pounds won't happen over night.

good luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DLeeicious View Post
    How long have you been training? If the number is less than 5 years or so of serious training then I'd say you are overtraining and not really getting any benefit and potentially negative effects from that workload. I am a big proponent of overtraining is overused too lol
    ahh i see. well my story is i worked out since i was 18. and 3 years ago (23), i stopped working out, and at that time my fitness and phycial level were really good.
    and now im trying to get back into it. im currently doing 3-4 sets per body part though to ease my way into my normal routine.

There's no reason you need to be hitting every body part 2x a week like this
    true true.. what do you think i should do?

How much muscle mass do you currently have? You may want to consider bulking and adding on as much muscle as you can before considering a cut. Dropping 7% body fat and only 5 pounds won't happen over night.
    well its been 3 years, so my muscle mass isnt where it used to be. and yeah im going to do the bulk than cut method.
    thank god for muscle memory tho!

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    nice nice, is that you in your sig?
    yes it is
    Limitations are for people that have them, and excuses are for people that need them.

vCash
    yes it is
    nice dude.
    how long have you been working out for?

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    nice dude.
    how long have you been working out for?
    around 4 years

vCash

Mon - Chest/bis/abs
    Tues - Back/tris
    Wed - Legs/abs
    Thurs - Arms
    Friday - Shoulders/abs

Personally I also agree with something like this, hitting body parts once a week, or maybe even a 5 or 6 day cycle. Twice a week sounds like you're not allowing your muscles enough time to fully recover and grow between workouts.

Also I'd separate tris from chest since chest is already going to fatigue your tris anyway. Same with bis and back.
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    around 4 years
    are you lefty?

vCash
    This work out needs some tweaking. First its impossible to move that % in bf and only lose 5 lbs at least naturally. I would think you could do that in a year with the ut most dedication at diet (on a bulk).

Your body will not grow without rest. People always forget that diet, exercise and recovery all go hand in hand when it comes to body building. I see you have an obsession with getting big traps. Only way to do that is buy some wraps and go heavy on straight bar shrugs but only once a week.

I currently switched my routine up but here is what I used to run

chest, abs, forearms (1 exercise 3 sets), calves ( 1 exercise 3 sets of 20)
    back traps
    shoulders, 1 set of squats 4x10 225 calves ( 1 exercise 3 sets of 20)
    Arms forearms ( 1 exercise 3 sets)
    Legs, calves (1 exercise 3 sets of 20) abs

cardio is hiit 3 times a week

I am an older guy so the cardio for me is starting to take its toll. I am currently around 230 15% bf and I am looking to get down to 10-12% for summer. I started switching things up to all body 4 days a week and then 30 minutes of strength training. Prowler sled, flipping tire, sledge hammer. I started this week kinda like it so far. Then on the fifth day I am going to leave out cardio and hit my lagging muscle groups.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rwynyc View Post
    This work out needs some tweaking. First its impossible to move that % in bf and only lose 5 lbs at least naturally. I would think you could do that in a year with the ut most dedication at diet (on a bulk).

Your body will not grow without rest. People always forget that diet, exercise and recovery all go hand in hand when it comes to body building. I see you have an obsession with getting big traps. Only way to do that is buy some wraps and go heavy on straight bar shrugs but only once a week.

I currently switched my routine up but here is what I used to run

chest, abs, forearms (1 exercise 3 sets), calves ( 1 exercise 3 sets of 20)
    back traps
    shoulders, 1 set of squats 4x10 225 calves ( 1 exercise 3 sets of 20)
    Arms forearms ( 1 exercise 3 sets)
    Legs, calves (1 exercise 3 sets of 20) abs

cardio is hiit 3 times a week

I am an older guy so the cardio for me is starting to take its toll. I am currently around 230 15% bf and I am looking to get down to 10-12% for summer. I started switching things up to all body 4 days a week and then 30 minutes of strength training. Prowler sled, flipping tire, sledge hammer. I started this week kinda like it so far. Then on the fifth day I am going to leave out cardio and hit my lagging muscle groups.
    appreciate it.. what exactly would you do for my personal routine?

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rwynyc View Post
    around 230 15% bf
    holy crap ur a beast!!
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    I would follow either mine (minus the calves-I have terrible calves which is why I focus on them so much) or goldgloves routines. They are both solid. Remember legs and back are the biggest muscles in your body and need to be exhausted in order to grow. Go grazy on those exercises no bi and traps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    holy crap ur a beast!!
    no warrior is a beast but thanks lol

Just an FYI I was probably around 28% body fat about a year ago. Its nice getting comments form people. People stop me when I am out and make comments all the time. Its crazy bc I had bigger man boobs then my girl friends boobs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast